Conquer Club

Game of Thrones (series spoiling only!)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Game of Thrones (series spoiling only!)

Postby strike wolf on Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:10 am

You act like you've never heard of a fake hand off Aage. Sure you can have Sansa, Brienne but now that you've handed over Jaime, you'll never leave the city. I don't know this is probably pointless arguing by now.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby anonymus on Fri Apr 12, 2013 6:27 am

looking forward to episode 3.. could be great acting-performance or destroy they whole thing, but it think it could work.. it rhymes with leek! (one of the best characters in the books..)

/ :?:
Click image to enlarge.

show: BoganGod speaks the truth
Major anonymus

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:23 am

Other than me, has anyone here read the books prior to the HBO series being announced a few years ago? In other words, are you guys fantasy nerds because of the TV series or were you fantasy nerds before the TV series?
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Nendreel on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:42 am

thegreekdog wrote:Other than me, has anyone here read the books prior to the HBO series being announced a few years ago? In other words, are you guys fantasy nerds because of the TV series or were you fantasy nerds before the TV series?

I started reading the books shortly after the third one came out. I was pretty amused when people started telling me about this Game of Thrones series I just HAD to read.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby Bones2484 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:06 am

thegreekdog wrote:Other than me, has anyone here read the books prior to the HBO series being announced a few years ago? In other words, are you guys fantasy nerds because of the TV series or were you fantasy nerds before the TV series?

I also read them before the series. My wife, who is a bigger fantasy nerd than I am, found the books and told me I had to read them when she finished.
Major Bones2484

Postby Sackett58 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:43 pm

Watched the 1st season when it came out on Netflix. I am half way thru book 4 now. My wife read the books before they were considered for TV. Definately a soap opera on steroids.
2010-04-24 18:51:35 - MrMoody: OMG I'm in a game with stunna, what is up with this?
Major Sackett58

Postby strike wolf on Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:47 pm

Not even really a fantasy geek. Just a Game of Thrones geek.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:58 pm

Well Jaime could still be the best one handed swordsman in the land...

So the guy rescuing Theo said "winter is coming"...a slip of the tongue from a Stark ally?

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Bones2484 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:01 pm

strike wolf wrote:Well Jaime could still be the best one handed swordsman in the land...

With his off hand?

Can't wait for some of the non-book reader reactions to this one.
Major Bones2484

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:04 pm

what was up with that credit-music? Seemed so weird.

ok, and I'm starting to understand the plot better but, to put it as vague as possible, the main conflict is: Stannis Baratheon vs. Robb Stark vs. Dragon-bitch vs. Joffrey Baratheon?
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby strike wolf on Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:36 am

Army of GOD wrote:what was up with that credit-music? Seemed so weird.

ok, and I'm starting to understand the plot better but, to put it as vague as possible, the main conflict is: Stannis Baratheon vs. Robb Stark vs. Dragon-bitch vs. Joffrey Baratheon?

Eh right now it seems to be Stannis, Robb and the Lannisters in a three way fight to the death with the Lannisters being the main focus of both armies while Daenerys gathers her forces. Meanwhile it's Wildlings vs Crows and both vs White Walkers. I get the feeling Jon is going to try to convince both the Crows and Wildlings to work together at least until the White Walkers are defeated.

They're really building up the White Walkers. I mean the king of the wildlings has a huge army with giants and all kinds of magic users and all he can seem to do is run scared away from them.

I was suprised that daenerys gave up her dragon...though she may get it back some way or another.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby betiko on Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:26 am

haha, Tyrion is definitely my favorite character. loved the chair/table scene! Genius! And very funny scene with the squire comming back from the whore house.

Theon and his "helper" wtf... really don't understand what he's up to!

Arya: didn't really understand where she was heading with her new friends. Arya is possibly my second favorite character.

Jamie: OMG, this is real bad news for Brien. Jamie with a hand cut off means she can't do the trade assuming the lanisters would ve accepted. Assuming she manages to escape with him of course. I do feel like these 2 are getting closer in spite of sporting different sides.

No Brann/rickon in this one was looking forward for their next adventures with the reed kids.

Daenerys (by the way, one of my friends just called his daughter like that, not sure of what will be left of games of throne in 20 years) I was assuming the deal was the army for a dragon on last episode, surprised her advisors were surprised.
The slave traders are a bit stupid though... a dragon is not like a slave, you can tear it's nipple off for fun and get away with it. And he's trading 15999 nipples for 1 dragon gosh...
Major betiko

Postby spurgistan on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:35 am

It was indie darlings the Hold Steady, singing the Westerosi classic "The Bear and the Maiden Fair."

And the main conflict really is everybody against everybody (and everything)
Mr_Adams wrote:You, sir, are an idiot.

Timminz wrote:By that logic, you eat babies.
Sergeant spurgistan

Postby betiko on Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:58 am

spurgistan wrote:

It was indie darlings the Hold Steady, singing the Westerosi classic "The Bear and the Maiden Fair."

it's rather each House trying to pull the blanket their way.

-Stark
-Lannister
-Baratheon (used to be Stannis vs Renly but renly was killed season 2)
-Targaryen
-Tyrell
-Tully
-Arryn
-Greyjoy
-Frey

-knight's watch

rogues:
-free folks
-brotherhood without banner
Major betiko

Postby strike wolf on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:00 am

Bones2484 wrote:
strike wolf wrote:Well Jaime could still be the best one handed swordsman in the land...

With his off hand?

I kind of, sort of saw it coming. I mean I wasn't expecting the guy to go for what Jaime was saying and then he pulled out the blade but I was still convincing myself "Certainly they have orders not to harm him beyond what is necessary. They're just trying to scare him."

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:07 am

betiko wrote:Daenerys (by the way, one of my friends just called his daughter like that, not sure of what will be left of games of throne in 20 years) I was assuming the deal was the army for a dragon on last episode, surprised her advisors were surprised.

To be honest, I thought they'd be the ones to suggest it and she'd be the hesitant one.

I suppose I am the only one wondering if that guy "rescuing" Theon was a Stark agent. I mean we really don't know who the group who captured him were (unless I missed something) and The Starks don't know where he is. It makes some sense that Robb would send out some kind of spy to look for him and a fake rescue leading him into Stark hands would be right up that alley (Robb also said that he wanted to kill Theon himself so protecting him would actually make sense and a willing hostage is easier to handle than one who constantly tries to escape or call for help). I suppose the theory is a bit far fetched...it's internally consistent as far as I can tell but there are definitely quite a few big ifs here.

Jon looked worried. I do wonder what's going to actually happen when they reach Castle Black. I don't see him out right going against the Wildlings but I do see him try to convince them that they should try to convince these people to help fight the White Walkers. Of course, the King of the North seems to be more concerned with taking Castle Black so that they can run South than fighting the White Walkers.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby betiko on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:02 am

strike wolf wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:

With his off hand?

I kind of, sort of saw it coming. I mean I wasn't expecting the guy to go for what Jaime was saying and then he pulled out the blade but I was still convincing myself "Certainly they have orders not to harm him beyond what is necessary. They're just trying to scare him."

you're kind of saying something and its opposite! :lol: if you were thinking that how could you see it comming? :roll:

anyway about Jon: I've always thought that Ned's brother had left the night's watch to join the wildlings and that he wasn't actually dead. I though it would be the guy with the skull mask?
Yeah I don't know what's he gonna do. My bet is that white walkers will be found at some point reaching castle balck and that wildlings and night's watch will have no other choice than to fight togther.. Jon is in a very tough political spot.

regarding the guys that took Theon: I thought they were the same baron that took jamie and brien? but that was just a speculation.
Major betiko

Postby strike wolf on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:15 am

Im saying i saw the possibility of him cutting off the hand but didnt think he would actually go through with it. :roll:

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Bones2484 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:15 am

betiko wrote:regarding the guys that took Theon: I thought they were the same baron that took jamie and brien? but that was just a speculation.

Nope. They are hundreds (if not thousands) of miles apart.

What I found interesting on this Theon story (we did not get to see this in the books at all) was the "rescuer" saying "winter is coming". That is the last thing that one of his sister's men would say. Not to mention telling him to head east when his sister's troops and the Iron Islands are due west.
Major Bones2484

Postby strike wolf on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:21 am

Bones2484 wrote:
betiko wrote:regarding the guys that took Theon: I thought they were the same baron that took jamie and brien? but that was just a speculation.

What I found interesting on this Theon story (we did not get to see this in the books at all) was the "rescuer" saying "winter is coming". That is the last thing that one of his sister's men would say. Not to mention telling him to head east when his sister's troops and the Iron Islands are due west.

Glad to know im not the only one sniffing double cross. Yeah. Winter is Coming is tje Starks saying. Dont think anyone from the Iron Isles would be saying that.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby betiko on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:45 am

on the other hand... winter is comming indeed! :lol:
I don't know if they are hundreds of miles appart, as I have no idea of where theon is located, I just assume somewhere in the midlands of westeros; and I thought that jamie and brien where somewhere in that area too.
Major betiko

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:30 pm

spurgistan wrote:

A BEAR THERE WAS,
A BEAR, A BEAR!
ALL BLACK AND BROWN
AND COVERED IN HAIR!
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby aage on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:13 pm

strike wolf wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:

Glad to know im not the only one sniffing double cross. Yeah. Winter is Coming is tje Starks saying. Dont think anyone from the Iron Isles would be saying that.

Oh, you kids are in for such a treat... I am almost jealous of you.

As to where both parties are located. You may fetch a map and go look for two castles. The first is named "The Dreadfort", the second "Harrenhal". here's a map, have fun.
show

show: seriously, warning you
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Bones2484 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:34 pm

aage wrote:Oh, you kids are in for such a treat... I am almost jealous of you.

I've read the books, I know who it is... though I wasn't positive until that last arrow. Just trying to take part in the discussions without needing to add a spoiler tag (or telling them what castle they are at since show watchers do not know yet).

You little bastard. :D
Major Bones2484

Postby aage on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:39 pm

Bones2484 wrote:
aage wrote:Oh, you kids are in for such a treat... I am almost jealous of you.

I've read the books, I know who it is... though I wasn't positive until that last arrow. Just trying to take part in the discussions without needing to add a spoiler tag (or telling them what castle they are at since show watchers do not know yet).

You little bastard. :D
I had the hunch when he rescued him. At first I thought it could be Reek, but then Theon'd have said something about that so it just had to be him.

And show watchers should be able to know. Roose Bolton sent his son out to Winterfell on Robb's orders to take Theon, and so they did. They were the guys with the hornblower. Where else were they going to go but home? Stay in the ruin? They burned the place down. Brienne and Jaime are fleeing from Robb's army (which is anywhere between the Twins and Riverrun) to King's Landing, which is leagues away.

We should make a book thread.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,