Conquer Club

Conqueror

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Conqueror

Postby eggrollonedolla on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:45 pm

It seems the medal with the most honor comes with the loudest scandal.

Edit: (Based on some feedback from fellow posters) My suggestion is you can't achieve the rank of conqueror without a minimum number of games played and a minimum number of medals earned.

This should help reduce the number of players who quickly cheat to get to the top of all players. After "x" games most of the patterns in your play would be fairly well known by then.

It would also show that you have worked towards something great, and using many strategies in CC to gain the top achievement on the site.

The numbers can be adjusted

But for now lets say. Min: 1500 Games played. Min: 40 Medals.
Last edited by eggrollonedolla on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain eggrollonedolla

Re: Conqueror

Postby Butters1919 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:53 pm

19 out of 23 awarded the conqueror medal have over 1000 games...
Cook Butters1919

Postby eggrollonedolla on Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:59 pm

Butters1919 wrote:19 out of 23 awarded the conqueror medal have over 1000 games...

The number could be higher say 1500. But the rule would be mostly intended for the quick strike conquerors out of the way.
Captain eggrollonedolla

Postby Shannon Apple on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:26 pm

Actually, I had been thinking about this as well today. Rather than putting a games played limit on it. There should be a medal limit of some sort. If they haven't got x amount of bronze, silver or gold medals... depending on the significance/difficulty of those medals, then they should have to work for those before being granted the title. That would prevent it being a case of perfect one map and cheat my way to the top without ever having tried any of the other styles of gameplay. Not only that, but there would be less arguments over their right to the title if they were a decent all round player.
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby eggrollonedolla on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:57 pm

Why not a combination of both than.

Amend this suggestion to to a min games played and min medals earned?

So something like 1500 min games and a min of 40 medals??

Recommendations on the numbers can be easily adjusted
Last edited by eggrollonedolla on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain eggrollonedolla

Postby Armandolas on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:34 pm

i agree on this. To achieve Brigadier you must have played "x" number of games..and so on...so it should even more important to achieve conqueror.
I would also like that the conqueror would have some medals. At least bronze.

I would be really unhappy to see this guy reach conqueror:253066
Nothing against the guy.He plays what he likes to play. But with only 11 maps crossed in more than 5 years.No assassin medal.No teamgames medal,etc, i dont think he did conquer much apart from a very nice score.
Colonel Armandolas

Postby eggrollonedolla on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:10 pm

Any other thoughts to this?
Captain eggrollonedolla

Postby chapcrap on Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:21 pm

eggrollonedolla wrote:Any other thoughts to this?

I'm ok with it, but I don't think it would apply often unless the game count is kind of high.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:19 pm

Seems fair to me. However, it limits a lot of players from ever gaining the top spot because they simply don't like some settings. All in all though I think the conqueror should be well versed in all types of gameplay.
A reservation I have is that this won't really affect cheating/abuse, which is really my number one reason for feeling a conqueror is not deserving of the title. It's a suggestion though and one I support.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby rdsrds2120 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:50 pm

Very good intent, I like it! However, it tackles some other issues that I've been trying to brainstorm up. The real issue here is that people that aren't versatile can achieve the rank of Conqueror. Therefore, inherently, people who are achieving the Conqueror Medal aren't cheating the medal per say, but they are cheating the scoreboard. The Conqueror Medal is merely a fringe benefit.

This said, I don't think that an artificial cap would really help the problem. El_Jefe and I have been looking into a Scoreboard overhaul that helps only the true Conqueror's really shine :D

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby JCR on Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:19 pm

I would think a minimum number of crossmap achievements should apply if not all medals, that would stop any 1 hit wonders (re:city mogul 1v1 fS) from reaching it. I would think that alone would minimize farming at least.
Major JCR

Postby greenoaks on Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:34 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:Very good intent, I like it! However, it tackles some other issues that I've been trying to brainstorm up. The real issue here is that people that aren't versatile can achieve the rank of Conqueror. Therefore, inherently, people who are achieving the Conqueror Medal aren't cheating the medal per say, but they are cheating the scoreboard. The Conqueror Medal is merely a fringe benefit.

This said, I don't think that an artificial cap would really help the problem. El_Jefe and I have been looking into a Scoreboard overhaul that helps only the true Conqueror's really shine :D

BMO

have the score for each setting calculated individually. it have been suggested here New Scoring System After Scoreboard Reset

individual scores would show who is the best on each setting and they could be amalgated/merged/tallied in some fashion to determine the overall Conquerer.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:55 am

On further consideration of this wouldn't it just create a "new" type of farming? Farmers would now pick 10 maps and hop from one to the next. It's still not really a step towards ending farming.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby ljex on Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:40 pm

or just play a crapton of games...get medals and then farm like for example what i did. I think I had like 80 medals or so when i hit the top
Major ljex

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:46 am

This won't work with a cap.

Pretty much the only way to attain Conqueror as a Freemium would be to play freestyle then. It's unfair for that reason.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby chapcrap on Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:49 am

I still get the point behind this, but I have to agree with DY here. All that does is make people get some experience under their belt before farming for points... Although, I don't think that is a bad thing.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Return to Suggestions