Conquer Club

Baseball Photos

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Baseball Photos

Postby tzor on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:10 pm

Up close and personal, even from the "Terrace" thanks to my telephoto lens. LINK to the slide show.

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.
Cadet tzor

Postby 2dimes on Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:29 pm

I hope the mascot shows up.
Corporal 2dimes

Re: Baseball Photos

Postby Woodruff on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:44 pm

Good pictures (seriously...I love baseball). But do you have any of a good team?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby tzor on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:53 pm

You don't like the Diamondbacks? ;)

I have lots of photos from last year; I just didn't have the telephoto lens last year.

I should have photos of the Long Island Ducks soon; that's going to be interesting; the team is filled with former major league players this year.
Cadet tzor

Postby Woodruff on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:15 pm

tzor wrote:You don't like the Diamondbacks? ;)

<laughing>

Actually, I pretty much like any baseball team.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:26 pm

Well, growing up there was an elderly gentleman up the street who was a really big baseball fan and had tons of baseball photos. Here's a pic of us in his memorabilia room the first time he let me feel his balls:

show
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby nietzsche on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:29 pm

tzor wrote:
Click image to enlarge.

YOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuk

Traitor.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby tzor on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:43 pm

nietzsche wrote:Traitor.

He's no traitor, the Red Sox let him go. Just like they did Babe Ruth. :twisted:

That brings up an interesting thought. I was watching the Yankees / Toronto game tonight and watched the reaction of the Toronto fan base towards the former Blue Jay Yankees; their constant booing was met with their former players scoring home runs. Now I might wear rose colored glasses but I don't ever recall any Yankee fan ever boo a former Yankee player. Once a wearer of pin stripes always a Yankee. Sure when playing against the Yankees we really wish they didn't do well, but against everyone else ... show them who you once were; and not the reason why we let you go.
Cadet tzor

Postby tzor on Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:09 pm

Time for some Long Island Ducks

The entrance looks good with the trees in bloom.

New MC/Host with the PC Richard's whistle who was running a promotion that evening.

Bud Harrelson, the Ducks Senior VP of baseball operations and part owner, has been a member of the coaching staff since the team’s inception in 2000. After leading the Ducks to an 82-58 record as manager of the 2000 Ducks, Harrelson moved to the position of first base coach for home games in 2001.

Known for his fiery play as a shortstop for the New York Mets from 1965-77, Harrelson is the only man in Mets history to have been in uniform for each of the franchise’s World Series championships (’69 as a player, ’86 as a coach). Currently, he ranks second in Mets history in games played (1,322), third in triples (45), fourth in at-bats (4,390), seventh in hits (1,029) and 11th in runs (490). The 1971 Gold Glove Award winner was inducted into the Mets Hall of Fame in 1986 in recognition of his outstanding 16-year Major League career.

Bud’s extensive post-season experience figures to be a valuable resource in helping guide the Ducks. The fan favorite who helped introduce “Buddy Ball” to Long Island has won championships as a player (‘69 Word Series champion Mets, ‘73 NL champion Mets), a coach (‘86 World Series champion Mets) and an owner (’04 and ’12 Atlantic League champion Ducks).

Ray Navarrete begins his franchise-record eighth season as a member of the Ducks in 2013. He earned his team-record fifth All-Star Game appearance and First Team Postseason All-Star honors in 2012. The Port Washington resident posted team-highs in batting average (.309), RBI (90) and games played (131) while also compiling an Atlantic League record 50 doubles, shattering his previous record of 42 he set in 2007. The 2009 Atlantic League Player of the Year also collected five RBI, three runs and eight walks in 10 postseason games.

The 34-year-old enters the seasons as the franchise’s all-time leader in hits (879), home runs (130), RBI (510), runs (561), doubles (224) and games played (765).

Ben Broussard spent seven seasons in the Major Leagues with the Cleveland Indians, Seattle Mariners and Texas Rangers. The 36-year-old hit .263 with 87 home runs, 314 runs batted in, and 114 doubles in 705 games. His best season came in 2006, when he hit .289 with 21 home runs and 63 runs batted in, splitting the season between Cleveland and Seattle.

A native of Beaumont, Texas, Broussard began 2013 with Diablos Rojos of the Mexican League. He hit .304 with two home runs, 11 runs batted in, and 11 runs in 19 games. Selected in the second round of the 1999 MLB Draft out of McNeese State University, Broussard has hit .282 with 104 home runs and 356 runs batted in during eight minor league seasons.

Ramon Castro: The 13-year Major League veteran begins his first season with the Ducks and in independent baseball. Castro has played for the Florida Marlins, New York Mets and Chicago White Sox at the Major League level. For his career, the 37-year-old has 67 home runs, 217 RBI, 155 runs and 66 doubles in 567 games. His best season came in 2007 with the Mets when he posted a .285 batting average, 11 homers, 31 RBI and six doubles in 52 games. Behind the plate, he has a career fielding percentage of .990 and has thrown out 30% of potential base stealers.

The Puerto Rico native was a member of the Marlins team that won the 2003 World Series and was the catcher for White Sox pitcher Mark Buehrle’s perfect game in 2009. He spent time during Spring Training this year with the Los Angeles Dodgers organization and last played professionally with the White Sox in 2011. His best minor league season came in 2001 with Calgary (AAA, Marlins) when he batted .336 with 27 home runs, 90 RBI, 81 runs and 33 doubles in 108 games, earning Pacific Coast League All-Star honors. Castro was originally drafted in the first round (17th overall) by the Houston Astros in the 1994 amateur draft.

Ryan Strieby has played in the Detroit Tigers and Arizona Diamondbacks organizations. The 27-year-old has 113 home runs, 443 runs batted in, 365 runs and 131 doubles in 713 minor league games. Strieby spent the majority of 2012 with the Toledo Mud Hens (AAA, Tigers), hitting 13 home runs and driving in 52 runs in 88 games.

During his seven minor league seasons, Strieby was named an All-Star three times, in the Midwest League in 2007; Florida State League in 2008; and Eastern League in 2009. Additionally, he was named the Detroit Tigers Minor League Player of the Year in 2008, following a franchise record 29 home run season with Lakeland (A+, Tigers). Strieby was selected in the fourth round by the Detroit Tigers in the 2006 MLB Draft. He was named a Baseball America All-American and SEC Player of the Year for the University of Kentucky prior to his being selected.

So, is it me, or are catchers starting to look a lot like Power Rangers in terms of their protection padding?
Cadet tzor

Postby 2dimes on Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:06 pm

Yesssss!
Corporal 2dimes

Postby ManBungalow on Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:27 pm

tzor, what happened to that series of huge pictures you used to post?
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby tzor on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:21 am

ManBungalow wrote:tzor, what happened to that series of huge pictures you used to post?

I blame Sean Hannity. :twisted:

No, seriously, his web forum has a limit of 600 pixels and the Photobucket default is 640 and since I can't select 600 I went with the next smaller size of 320.

When I get a chance I'll move my shutterfly baseball photos into a sharable url format. They are larger resolutions.
Cadet tzor

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,