Conquer Club

Secret Diplomacy - Alexkabooms and Kschame1[Warned] DCR

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Secret Diplomacy - Alexkabooms and Kschame1[Warned] DCR

Postby Doctor Spin on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:22 am

Accused:

Alexkabooms
Kschame1

The accused are suspected of:
Conducting Secret Diplomacy

Game number(s):

Game 12627932

Comments:
The game in question is a 3-man Trench game of British Isles. The gameplay in the early stages aroused my suspicions, as Red player (Kschame1) chose to ignore Scotland after green had taken a bonus, and instead attacked me (Blue). It transpired, after further comments that the two players are actually brothers. They told me that they had told "customer services" and that it was ok. But, despite their claims of fair play and that "customer services" had apparently approved them playing in the same games, the game (still on-going as this is written) is effectively 2v1 rather than 1v1v1. Now, I understand that things can transpire in a 3-man game where one player (often the strongest) is ganged up on. This is the case here, from my point of view, as they are currently attacking me in a pincer movement, while largely ignoring each other. Nothing desperately unusual, BUT THEY ARE BROTHERS. There is no way on earth that they can be truly impartial, whatever they claim. The fact of the matter is that they did not declare at the outset that they were related - and in fact the game chat appears to disguise that fact early on. The admittance that they are brothers came about as a result of my pressing them in game chat (I originally suspected them of being Multis). As brothers, they certainly should NOT be allowed to play a public 3-man game. As such I am reporting them for secret diplomacy. I do not want to lose the points on offer in this game as a result of what is effectively cheating. Even if they are attempting to play fair, you must put yourself in the position of any player who is faced by two (undeclared) brothers playing against him in a 3-man. The doubt will always be there - it is obvious. I request that you kick them off the game in question and give them a warning that they should not be playing any more 3-man games together.

Thanks for your time.

Doctor Spin
Sergeant Doctor Spin

Re: Secret Diplomacy - Alexkabooms and Kschame1

Postby Symmetry on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:57 am

2013-04-16 07:29:18 - Alexkabooms: you've played well kyle and now with some luck are winning again, we make the choices we see fit and hope the dice aren't against us
2013-04-16 07:31:36 - Alexkabooms: unfortunately they don't like me much atm :(
2013-04-16 08:02:18 - Doctor Spin: Kyle????
2013-04-16 08:05:32 - Kschame1: We are brothers blue and I have already let customer services know this.
2013-04-16 08:06:35 - Kschame1: I have been playing fair and that's the last time I say so.

Clearly they weren't playing fair. They should stick to team games at the very least. The OP is right to call them out.

Here's a list of Alex's games.
http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?mode=find&submit=Search&p1=Alexkabooms&so=D
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Re: Secret Diplomacy - Alexkabooms and Kschame1

Postby Doctor Spin on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:59 am

Thanks Symmetry - whichever way you look at this, they should not be playing 3-man unless it's a private game.
Cheers
Sergeant Doctor Spin

Re: Secret Diplomacy - Alexkabooms and Kschame1[Warned] DCR

Postby deathcomesrippin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:57 am

Alexkabooms and Kschame1 have been Warned for Secret Diplomacy.

Doctor Spin, I would suggest in the future that you do not go to each of their ongoing games and blast off in gamechat. This is also against the rules, especially as the case was ongoing and nothing had been decided yet. Please keep that in mind if this happens again.
Sergeant deathcomesrippin

Postby Doctor Spin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:02 am

Thanks deathcomesrippin - can you please confirm what happens in the current ongoing game? They've put themselves in a position where red has the upper hand. I do not want to lose points as a result of this.

With regard to the game chat in other games, I apologise - I did not know it was against the rules... and I posted that chat before I raised a report. I was merely trying to warn other innocent players that all may not be what it seems!
Sergeant Doctor Spin

Postby deathcomesrippin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:05 am

Doctor Spin wrote:Thanks deathcomesrippin - can you please confirm what happens in the current ongoing game? They've put themselves in a position where red has the upper hand. I do not want to lose points as a result of this.

With regard to the game chat in other games, I apologise - I did not know it was against the rules... and I posted that chat before I raised a report. I was merely trying to warn other innocent players that all may not be what it seems!

As for the game, unfortunately it will play out. I can only say play the best you can, and hope for good rolls.

in regards to the other part, no problems, but keep it in mind if this happens to you again. Thanks.

Postby Doctor Spin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:08 am

Thanks - but I'm not totally satisfied with that. I'm happy with the warning - I do not believe these guys are malicious - though I do think I have been forced to suffer secret diplomacy and the potential loss of points, so I would have been happier if they were at least forced to forfeit this game.
Sergeant Doctor Spin

Postby deathcomesrippin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:58 am

Doctor Spin wrote:Thanks - but I'm not totally satisfied with that. I'm happy with the warning - I do not believe these guys are malicious - though I do think I have been forced to suffer secret diplomacy and the potential loss of points, so I would have been happier if they were at least forced to forfeit this game.

That unfortunately is the case with Secret Diplomacy. You can be not satisfied, but there is no way this is going to change.

If you have any other issues, please PM me instead of using this forum. This case has been resolved.

Return to Closed C&A Reports