Conquer Club

CC InstaPoll - Predict the Cause of Marathon Blasts

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

What was the cause of the Boston Marathon blasts?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:31 pm

Total votes : 0

Re: CC InstaPoll - Predict the Cause of Marathon Blasts

Postby saxitoxin on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:08 pm

suspects ...

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/b ... 90300.html

oh HIM!!!

and that guy, too? surprises me

ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby notyou2 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:31 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Maugena wrote:
chang50 wrote:
Maugena wrote:Sincerely, f*ck you guys for speculating this.

Isn't that precisely what the police/FBI are doing at the outset of their investigations?

They're paid to find the culprit.
A portion of you are sitting around the campfire playing a game of whodunnit.
I personally think it's tasteless.
That is all.

Why do you think it's tasteless? If people were joking about it, I could understand why you would find joking tasteless, but nobody appears to be joking.

Frankly, I'm of the opinion that this is completely blown out of proportion. Right before I read about the Boston Marathon explosions, I had read an article about how some 4 or 5 people were shot and killed in random acts of violence in Chicago; no great hue and cry there.

People expect that from Chicago.It is the land of Capone, and the St Valentine's Day Massacre. Boston is known for people dressing up as natives and throwing a tea party.
Captain notyou2

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:21 am

Maugena wrote:
chang50 wrote:

Isn't that precisely what the police/FBI are doing at the outset of their investigations?

That is all.

So, it is refined to refrain from commenting about possible origins of terrorism?

Why is seeking answers "tasteless"?

Are the FBI and other authorities tasteless when they ask similar questions?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Maugena on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:09 am

thegreekdog wrote:Why do you think it's tasteless? If people were joking about it, I could understand why you would find joking tasteless, but nobody appears to be joking.

Maugena wrote:A portion of you are sitting around the campfire playing a game of whodunnit.

thegreekdog wrote:Frankly, I'm of the opinion that this is completely blown out of proportion. Right before I read about the Boston Marathon explosions, I had read an article about how some 4 or 5 people were shot and killed in random acts of violence in Chicago; no great hue and cry there.

I don't understand how this is relevant to what I'm saying. -You're going on a different tangent all together.
While I don't disagree that the importance of each collective is not more important than another... they are most definitely different types of atrocities which can be more appalling than another, depending on the action/outcome.
Terrorism - nigh in-discriminant mass murder, yes? With the intention of crippling people emotionally, scarring them mentally, leaving momentous wakes of sorrow and misery in its path for some political or ideological gain?
Murder - singular atrocity committed against another human.
That's all I'm going to say regarding that subject.
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Maugena wrote:
chang50 wrote:

That is all.

So, it is refined to refrain from commenting about possible origins of terrorism?

Come on, BBS.
"CC InstaPoll - Predict the Cause of Marathon"

Anyway, I'm done with this topic.
Perhaps you have all just suppressed your compassion and respect for the victims or just plainly don't give a f*ck.
It's fine. You're just giving the terrorists what they want by making a spectacle of it, anyway.

Maybe I should really just be slapping saxi on the wrists... maybe you're all relatively innocent of what I think I'm judging you for - I haven't actually taken the time to see any of your responses to his thread.
But yeah, like I said. Done with the topic.
Renewed yet infused with apathy.
Let's just have a good time, all right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjQii_BboIk
New Recruit Maugena

Postby crispybits on Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:56 am

Vote needs to close now anyway - BBC (amongst others) reporting that the two suspects being chased (and given the chain of events it looks likely they're the actual guys) are immigrants from Chechnya that have been living in the US for about a year - whether that makes it organised crime (russian mafia) or international terrorists is still unclear.
Major crispybits

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:14 am

Vote needs to close now anyway - BBC (amongst others) reporting that the two suspects being chased (and given the chain of events it looks likely they're the actual guys) are immigrants from Chechnya that have been living in the US for about a year - whether that makes it organised crime (russian mafia) or international terrorists is still unclear.

OK, the poll is now closed.

man, USA Today is gonna feel stupid if there's more than one Dzhokhar Tsarnaev in Boston ...

The surviving Boston bomb suspect has been identified as Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev, 19, of Cambridge, Mass, according to the Associated Press.

An individual by the name of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was a wrestler at the Cambridge Rindge and Latin School, in Cambridge, Mass. He was named a Greater Boston League Winter All Star in 2011.

Cambridge Rindge and Latin School did not respond to USA TODAY's phone calls at 7 a.m. this morning. Many Boston-area schools are closed today.

In May of 2011, as a high school senior, Tsarnaev was awarded a $2,500 City Scholarship from the City of Cambridge to pursue higher education.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... g/2095953/
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:16 am

So, now that we know the bombers were young Chechens, if you could change your vote, to what would you change it?

- Islamic Terrorism
    - Organized Crime
    - Other than Options Listed (i.e. attention seekers, D&D players, etc.)
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:18 am

saxitoxin wrote:So, now that we know the bombers were young Chechens, if you could change your vote, to what would you change it?

- Islamic Terrorism
    - Organized Crime

f*ck you. They are not Chechens. They live in the United States, therefore they are Domestic Terrorists. You goddam Americans can't keep blaming your problems on foreigners.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby notyou2 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:21 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:So, now that we know the bombers were young Chechens, if you could change your vote, to what would you change it?

- Islamic Terrorism
    - Organized Crime

f*ck you. They are not Chechens. They live in the United States, therefore they are Domestic Terrorists. You goddam Americans can't keep blaming your problems on foreigners.

+10
Captain notyou2

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:38 am

Maugena wrote:I don't understand how this is relevant to what I'm saying. -You're going on a different tangent all together.
While I don't disagree that the importance of each collective is not more important than another... they are most definitely different types of atrocities which can be more appalling than another, depending on the action/outcome.
Terrorism - nigh in-discriminant mass murder, yes? With the intention of crippling people emotionally, scarring them mentally, leaving momentous wakes of sorrow and misery in its path for some political or ideological gain?

I respectfully, but vehemently, disagree. Since that's all you're going to say, we'll leave it at that.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:00 am

Maugena wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:Why do you think it's tasteless? If people were joking about it, I could understand why you would find joking tasteless, but nobody appears to be joking.

Maugena wrote:A portion of you are sitting around the campfire playing a game of whodunnit.

thegreekdog wrote:Frankly, I'm of the opinion that this is completely blown out of proportion. Right before I read about the Boston Marathon explosions, I had read an article about how some 4 or 5 people were shot and killed in random acts of violence in Chicago; no great hue and cry there.

I don't understand how this is relevant to what I'm saying. -You're going on a different tangent all together.
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Maugena wrote:
chang50 wrote:

That is all.

Come on, BBS.
"CC InstaPoll - Predict the Cause of Marathon"

Anyway, I'm done with this topic.
Perhaps you have all just suppressed your compassion and respect for the victims or just plainly don't give a f*ck.
It's fine. You're just giving the terrorists what they want by making a spectacle of it, anyway.

Maybe I should really just be slapping saxi on the wrists... maybe you're all relatively innocent of what I think I'm judging you for - I haven't actually taken the time to see any of your responses to his thread.
But yeah, like I said. Done with the topic.

Oh, so when people ask questions about this issue then they are suppressing their compassion and respect for the victims. Your position is absurd.

Therefore, your argument has no standing. You seem to be interpreting the intentions and outcomes of our activities incorrectly.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:05 am

- Islamic Terrorism
    - Organized Crime

They still may be international/other terrorists--even if they come from a predominantly Muslim country, or even if they themselves are Muslim.

It depends on their motive.

I'm going to guess that their actions are in response to US foreign policy--and not US culture/values. (I'm not sure how the US has treated Chechens (sp?) though, e.g. has the US ever subsidized the Russian government, which in turn suppresses the Chechens?).

Maybe they really hate jogging.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:30 am

Authorities have identified the deceased suspect in the bombing of the Boston marathon, which killed three and injured more than 170, as Tamerlan Tsarnaev. A user by that name has posted a video to his YouTube playlist extolling an extremist religious prophecy associated with Al Qaeda. [NOTE:]It is not clear yet whether the user is the same Tsarnaev as the deceased suspect.

http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2013/04 ... cy-youtube

Hmm....
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:58 pm

Interesting poll results! Wonder where it comes from???

12 Ridiculous Cases of Media Bias After Boston Bombing

http://www.ijreview.com/2013/04/47827-1 ... n-bombing/

"Let's hope the Boston Marathon bomber is a white American" racist David Sirota @ Salon.com
Major Phatscotty

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:25 pm

This is one of the phenomena I dislike the most when one of these kinds of things happens:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/powerrankings/_/ ... 013/week/4

Amidst an incredibly challenging week for obvious reasons, the Red Sox responded about as well as anyone could have hoped for, going 6-0 on the week before dropping both games in the day/night doubleheader Sunday against the Royals. More importantly, they gave Bostonians something to smile about again.

The Red Sox had a challenging week?
How many Bostonions were negatively effected by the Marathon Bombings? Were all of the people effected Red Sox fans? I'm pretty sure at least one person who was killed was not even from the country.

This shit fucking burns me up.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Symmetry on Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:57 pm

thegreekdog wrote:This is one of the phenomena I dislike the most when one of these kinds of things happens:

Amidst an incredibly challenging week for obvious reasons, the Red Sox responded about as well as anyone could have hoped for, going 6-0 on the week before dropping both games in the day/night doubleheader Sunday against the Royals. More importantly, they gave Bostonians something to smile about again.

How many Bostonions were negatively effected by the Marathon Bombings? Were all of the people effected Red Sox fans? I'm pretty sure at least one person who was killed was not even from the country.

Probably a sign that you shouldn't get your news on terrorist attacks from ESPN.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:27 pm

thegreekdog wrote:This is one of the phenomena I dislike the most when one of these kinds of things happens:

Heed it no mind. It's just sappy stuff to which many react positively, which helps their ratings/webpage visits. At least it isn't anything negative. <shrugs>
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby jimboston on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:37 pm

Don't you know that if you even do a stop-over at Logan you instantly become a Red Sox fan?

(i.e. Logan is the Airport in Boston)
Private 1st Class jimboston

Postby jimboston on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:40 pm

It's pretty clear at this point these guys were Islamic Jihadist Terrorists.

Whether you want to consider them Domestic or International is debatable...
but the cause definitely appears to be Religious Extremism.
Private 1st Class jimboston

Postby Phatscotty on Wed May 20, 2015 2:21 am

wow, right wing terrorists huh? And to think even to this day, the people who voted that way are STILL on the edge of their seats waiting for something that can actually be blamed on right wingers. It's funny to me, that even though it turned out right wingers were not to blame, it probably still remains true to the haters they still think of the right wing the exact same way as if they had actually planned and carried out the marathon attacks. to I guess they want to be able to finally tellz themselves 'See! I was right all along! We were right all along! The fact the last 27 terrorizmz in a row were not right wing related at all and many were left wing related and most were Islamist terrorism was just a statistical anomaly. See, I was right all along, those darn right wingers!'
Major Phatscotty

Postby mrswdk on Wed May 20, 2015 2:33 am

inb4 Phatscotty 'I told everyone back then and they wouldn't believe me'
Lieutenant mrswdk

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,