Conquer Club

Sarcasm or Complete Moron ?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Well?

Total votes : 0

Sarcasm or Complete Moron ?

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:08 am

Here we can play a fun little game in which someone posts something from the interwebs and we try to decipher if the author is being sarcastic* or is actually a complete moron.
I'll try to make polls for each item.

* Note, for the purposes of this thread, trolling or otherwise not being sincere falls under the "sarcasm" category.

Current entry comes from user Verisimilitude from the RaptureReady forums (link):

The love of money really is the root of evil. I can't help but note that we are about to 'celebrate' the 38th anniversary of Roe v Wade. Being a person who believes in BIBLICAL numerology, I understand the number 40 to be a number of testing and purification or as a Messianic Jew once told me, a number of beautification. We are two years away from the 40th anniversary of legalized murder of innocent babies. Israel gave the Lord a hard time for 40 days and were punished with having to wander the desert for 40 years. The 2nd Temple was destroyed 40 years after Israel rejected Jesus. I wonder what may be in store for the U.S. 2 years from now.

I saw a show about prophecy, all kinds, not just Biblical, earlier this week. The show mentioned the Web Bot. I'd heard of it before but wasn't really familiar with it. On this show it was claimed that the Web Bot, using various information, can predict the future with 90% accuracy. Three months before 9/11, the narrator claimed that the Web Bot spit out a prediction about burning buildings and a catastrophic event within the next 2-3 months. Whether or not that's true, I don't know but the evidence points to this being true. What I find most interesting in the Web Bot is that it is being absolutely silent in regards to the period of time from 12/21/12 to May of 2013.

The signs that we are in the end of times are clear. Is the Web Bot a fulfillment of the prophecy "knowledge will increase"? Could the Web Bot be silent because that is the period of time when the rapture happens, the war of Gog and Magog and/or the beginning of the tribulation? I don't know. I surely can't say yes, but I can say it's a possibility. One thing is certain...the 40th anniversary of Roe v Wade falls in that silent period of time from 12/2012 to 5/2013.

There are just so many intriguing things going on in the world today, I can't help but look at all of them and then look up, they all point to Jesus' return.

Past entries:
Sarcasm: 4
Complete Moron: 6
Abstain: 3

show
Last edited by Haggis_McMutton on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Re: Sarcasm or Complete Moron ?

Postby puppydog85 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:18 am

How about a satire option?
Sergeant 1st Class puppydog85

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:21 am

puppydog85 wrote:How about a satire option?

See my note, anything where the author is dishonest falls under sarcasm.
Maybe I should rephrase it as honest/dishonest.
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby betiko on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:30 am

lol, this is probably not sarcasm! have you seen the "real americans defend israel" picture next to her post? also the intro says "secular humynist, pro-Israel, feminist, and fiscally conservative".

it's a woman, you can't blame her.
Major betiko

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:44 pm

She could at least learn to spell "privilege".
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:26 pm

I think it's too blatant. It simply has to be sarcasm.

Next.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:50 pm

Definitely trolling.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby puppydog85 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:11 am

perhaps you can explain a little more. How is this in any way different than any classic work of satire (other than this in not at all a classic)?
Sergeant 1st Class puppydog85

Postby warmonger1981 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:04 am

She is an ignorant bitch that probably has hooves and horns. Like my ex bitch. And she is supposed to be a feminist conservative? More like a racist whore.
Captain warmonger1981

Postby AAFitz on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:04 am

Sarah Palin, "[Everything she ever said]"
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby macbone on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:17 am

She rejects white dudes who are in the chess club and computer club? Whaaaaaat? Does not compute. According to her blog, she's a member of MENSA, too, and she just graduated with a PhD.

Gotta be satire. No one's that idiotic in MENSA, are they?

In looking at the rest of her blog, though, she seems 100% serious. Wow, way to prove a stereotype.

Did I tell you guys about the time my freshman suite-mate pulled out his official KKK member card? He didn't want his black roommate to know he had it.
Colonel macbone

Postby warmonger1981 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:28 am

Kkk took my baby away.
Captain warmonger1981

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:40 am

Shit, I'm basically the definition of who she denies.

I think she's trolling based entirely upon the last paragraph.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:56 am

macbone wrote:She rejects white dudes who are in the chess club and computer club? Whaaaaaat? Does not compute. According to her blog, she's a member of MENSA, too, and she just graduated with a PhD.

Gotta be satire. No one's that idiotic in MENSA, are they?

In looking at the rest of her blog, though, she seems 100% serious. Wow, way to prove a stereotype.

Did I tell you guys about the time my freshman suite-mate pulled out his official KKK member card? He didn't want his black roommate to know he had it.

At first I abstained, but I now I voted for "Complete Moron."
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby NoSurvivors on Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:10 pm

betiko wrote:lol, this is probably not sarcasm! have you seen the "real americans defend israel" picture next to her post? also the intro says "secular humynist, pro-Israel, feminist, and fiscally conservative".

it's a woman, you can't blame her.

I can, if she is on the computer, that means she is not making me a sandwich!

-Glorious Leader
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby unscrupulous2013 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:08 pm

macbone wrote:Gotta be satire. No one's that idiotic in MENSA, are they?

See: player57832
New Recruit unscrupulous2013

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:51 pm

unscrupulous2013 wrote:

Unscrupulous 2013: Unfair and Biased.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby patches70 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:49 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
unscrupulous2013 wrote:

Unscrupulous 2013: Unfair and Biased.

Obviously Unscrupulous just doesn't understand what's important like Player does. Oh, and something about immoral capitalist and such.
Private patches70

Postby jonesthecurl on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:11 pm

I was in MENSA at one point. I can guarantee that just cos someone's bright doesn't mean they're sensible, right, or nice. Take isaac Asimov. He was the international chairman, and he's a toilet-head.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Lieutenant jonesthecurl

Postby Lootifer on Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:46 pm

Dukasaur wrote:I think it's too blatant. It simply has to be sarcasm.

Next.

zThis
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:03 pm

Ok, I'm calling the first one.
Final vote went to moron with a 6/4 split and 3 abstaining (told you it was a tough one).

New entry added in OP (and copied here for you lazy bastards)
Current entry comes from user Verisimilitude from the RaptureReady forums (link):

The love of money really is the root of evil. I can't help but note that we are about to 'celebrate' the 38th anniversary of Roe v Wade. Being a person who believes in BIBLICAL numerology, I understand the number 40 to be a number of testing and purification or as a Messianic Jew once told me, a number of beautification. We are two years away from the 40th anniversary of legalized murder of innocent babies. Israel gave the Lord a hard time for 40 days and were punished with having to wander the desert for 40 years. The 2nd Temple was destroyed 40 years after Israel rejected Jesus. I wonder what may be in store for the U.S. 2 years from now.

I saw a show about prophecy, all kinds, not just Biblical, earlier this week. The show mentioned the Web Bot. I'd heard of it before but wasn't really familiar with it. On this show it was claimed that the Web Bot, using various information, can predict the future with 90% accuracy. Three months before 9/11, the narrator claimed that the Web Bot spit out a prediction about burning buildings and a catastrophic event within the next 2-3 months. Whether or not that's true, I don't know but the evidence points to this being true. What I find most interesting in the Web Bot is that it is being absolutely silent in regards to the period of time from 12/21/12 to May of 2013.

The signs that we are in the end of times are clear. Is the Web Bot a fulfillment of the prophecy "knowledge will increase"? Could the Web Bot be silent because that is the period of time when the rapture happens, the war of Gog and Magog and/or the beginning of the tribulation? I don't know. I surely can't say yes, but I can say it's a possibility. One thing is certain...the 40th anniversary of Roe v Wade falls in that silent period of time from 12/2012 to 5/2013.

There are just so many intriguing things going on in the world today, I can't help but look at all of them and then look up, they all point to Jesus' return.

I feel much less hesitant to say "complete moron" on this one. But that may be a side-effect of my years of debating fundies online.
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:05 pm

Oh, and since it's been established that I like posting David Mitchell clips:

jonesthecurl wrote:I was in MENSA at one point. I can guarantee that just cos someone's bright doesn't mean they're sensible, right, or nice. Take isaac Asimov. He was the international chairman, and he's a toilet-head.

8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby betiko on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:33 pm

seriously dude you're really messing with my mind. i started with sarcasm and ended with complete moron. But the best sarcasm consists of making that line very slim... really not sure!
Major betiko

Postby / on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:40 pm

I have to abstain, I was pretty sure it was serious, but then I saw that dancing emoticon at the end.

On a side note though; the mentioned history channel special "Doomsday 2012" contains baffling amounts of idiots.

Can we vote on this one later?
http://vigilantcitizen.com/vigilantrepo ... ti-agenda/
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:33 pm

Haggis_McMutton wrote:Ok, I'm calling the first one.
Final vote went to moron with a 6/4 split and 3 abstaining (told you it was a tough one).

New entry added in OP (and copied here for you lazy bastards)

I feel much less hesitant to say "complete moron" on this one. But that may be a side-effect of my years of debating fundies online.

I'm leaning moron on this one, merely because I know a handful of people who actually espouse stuff like this irl. Without looking at the context it's hard to tell, but he seems genuine and in line with others that I know.

For example, there was this guy who used to come into the store I worked at and claimed he was a numerology guy, and was always going on about how these numbers predicted this and that (it was especially funny because he'd ask me to add numbers and he usually came out wrong), and claimed he worked on HAARP to induce earthquakes. He also said that the rapture was only a year or two away (this was about two years ago).

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,