Conquer Club

Luck?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Luck?

Postby sprucey on Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:41 pm

From 1800 to 1000 playing the same way!? This has become a crock. If you're a lower ranked player you have a tiny chance of beating someone senior. Every game first round you lose both dice. It's a crock so please do me a favour and delete this post as you're bound to do and delete me. I'm out anyway and VERY disillusioned.
Corporal sprucey

Re: Luck?

Postby Swifte on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:08 pm

Hmmm I was 400 points higher 2 weeks ago, then all the low ranks stole my points. They get all the luck I tell ya!
Colonel Swifte

Postby SirSebstar on Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:30 pm

sprucey wrote:From 1800 to 1000 playing the same way!? This has become a crock. If you're a lower ranked player you have a tiny chance of beating someone senior. Every game first round you lose both dice. It's a crock so please do me a favour and delete this post as you're bound to do and delete me. I'm out anyway and VERY disillusioned.

Join the Society of Cooks viewtopic.php?f=341&t=143507
they can teach you now to be a better player.
Also, it become progressivly harder to get a higher rank, which most often means a higher ranked player is actually a lot better.
if you learn how it should be played, then luck will take a backseat to strategy and tactics.
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Lindax on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:37 pm

"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Major Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Arama86n on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:58 am

sprucey wrote:From 1800 to 1000 playing the same way!? This has become a crock. If you're a lower ranked player you have a tiny chance of beating someone senior. Every game first round you lose both dice. It's a crock so please do me a favour and delete this post as you're bound to do and delete me. I'm out anyway and VERY disillusioned.

Game selection, game selection, game selection. Oh, and a little skill does help.
Did I mention game selection? If you want to take it a step further in your 1v1's It helps to join instead of creating and joining games with higher ranked players. They only need to be slightly higher ranked. But obviously if you're winning 50% of your games, and always playing higher ranked players... well I'm sure you can figure it out.

With minimal effort in regards to game selection you should ahve no problem maintaining Lt, and if you are reasonably skilled, Major.

Oh, and if i was you right now, and down to Private... man oh man would I go play 50 terminater games. Terminater is difficult if your a colonel, but as a Private it the best fun out there, for a week or two anyway, because... in two weeks you should be far away from being a private unless your doing something very wrong :)

Food for thought, have a nice weekend.
And PS, don't waste so much time obsessing about rank. Screw game selection and have fun. :) Or up your game in regards to game selection, and stop whining. either or.

/end 3-minutes-to-lunch-rant
O:)
Major Arama86n

Postby AslanTheKing on Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:58 pm

"Arama86n"

Oh, and a little skill does help

what skill are you refering too, the guy stated above,
in the first round he loses already, prob 2 nd too, cause his dice are full of shit

its game over right away, where comes skill into play? if u start with a advantage
none skill, its pure bullshit, and it doesnt happen to you

i know what i am talking about, happens to me all the time

skill is an excuse for the lucky bastards out there
keep your skill and give me your dice
clowns
I used to roll the daizz
Feel the fear in my enemy´s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !

AOK

show: AOK Rocks
Sergeant 1st Class AslanTheKing

Postby SirSebstar on Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:38 am

Aslan, i have told you already so you must know it by heart by now.
this is a chance game, it is not automaticly so that you always should win your first attacks, nor do you always lose. but someone with a little skill knows when to hold the game in his hand of fold for a loss.
All intesity cubes are random. if it were any other way i would give you all my 1's. sometimes in round one it is a good idea not to risk everything on a full attack, and sometimes it gives you a win sooner. tust me, there is more skill then luck in this game, but yes without a little luck you get nowhere.
both the op sprucey and you have better dicestats (aka more luck) then i.. do you hear me complain?
alson, you in particular hve nothing to complain about your dice, you have better stats then those who played against you...as in most people have been more unlucky against you, then you against them. if you fail to capitalize on that, you should only blame ourself
Major SirSebstar

Postby AslanTheKing on Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:03 am

SirSebstar wrote:Aslan, i have told you already so you must know it by heart by now.
this is a chance game, it is not automaticly so that you always should win your first attacks, nor do you always lose. but someone with a little skill knows when to hold the game in his hand of fold for a loss.
All intesity cubes are random. if it were any other way i would give you all my 1's. sometimes in round one it is a good idea not to risk everything on a full attack, and sometimes it gives you a win sooner. tust me, there is more skill then luck in this game, but yes without a little luck you get nowhere.
both the op sprucey and you have better dicestats (aka more luck) then i.. do you hear me complain?
alson, you in particular hve nothing to complain about your dice, you have better stats then those who played against you...as in most people have been more unlucky against you, then you against them. if you fail to capitalize on that, you should only blame ourself

i am trying to calm down after my recent crap way losses,
is there a link how to read this dicestats thing , and understand it?
as more i look at the dicestats, i get more confused, or read it wrong
or this battleoutcome thing, i get more confused
especially when i realise in the game, how crap my dice where,
then i look at the dicestats of me and opponent, and all i have is questionmarks........
I used to roll the daizz

AOK

Postby AslanTheKing on Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:06 am

Recent dice rolls (25 battles)
AslanTheKing 4.8 General Roy 4.9
Luck Avg Roll 1's 2's 3's 4's 5's 6's Luck Avg Roll 1's 2's 3's 4's 5's 6's
Assault -7% 3.33 5 1 3 1 0 5 +38% 4.44 1 0 0 4 1 3
Defend +2% 3.56 5 12 12 12 16 4 +2% 3.55 17 13 19 19 15 18
Total 0% 3.51 10 13 15 13 16 9 +5% 3.62 18 13 19 23 16 21

dont know how to make snapshots,
what can u read out of this stats??
I used to roll the daizz

AOK

Postby SirSebstar on Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:01 am

I am wondering if you think only you should be the only one to be lucky, and nobody else has the right to.
over the past 5 battles with gen roy, he has been more lucky then you. overall opponants you are more lucky then them. can you use the above info to your advantage? yes you can, by playing more defensivly. pick a larger map where luck plays a smaller role and let him attack you and only counter on weaker area's. simply put, play better.

and yes, this is a chance game so if it comes down to one battle and you win or lose the game with it, then yes luck plays a big part. but if you can manage to have less quality of dice like me on kings court 2, where i consistently fall behind in bonustroops, but still manage to take the game, then you know how to play for real
Major SirSebstar

Postby AslanTheKing on Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:29 pm

SirSebstar wrote:I am wondering if you think only you should be the only one to be lucky, and nobody else has the right to.
over the past 5 battles with gen roy, he has been more lucky then you. overall opponants you are more lucky then them. can you use the above info to your advantage? yes you can, by playing more defensivly. pick a larger map where luck plays a smaller role and let him attack you and only counter on weaker area's. simply put, play better.

and yes, this is a chance game so if it comes down to one battle and you win or lose the game with it, then yes luck plays a big part. but if you can manage to have less quality of dice like me on kings court 2, where i consistently fall behind in bonustroops, but still manage to take the game, then you know how to play for real

than u had simple luck, not quality
I used to roll the daizz

AOK

Postby SirSebstar on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:31 am

eh, how is having worse dice luck aslan...
a working strategy is luck, but if YOU lose its bad dice and not lack of a gameplan?
care to explain that?
Major SirSebstar

Postby NoSurvivors on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:07 pm

A higher rank often means they are better players, or just lucky as shit like me.. :P

-Glorious Leader
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby AslanTheKing on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:07 pm

SirSebstar wrote:eh, how is having worse dice luck aslan...
a working strategy is luck, but if YOU lose its bad dice and not lack of a gameplan?
care to explain that?

you had bad dice, but you play different maps than i do,
your maps are very strategical, means if your opponent moves wrong, or makes a mistake, or doenst take his turn, and further
examples....

u had bad dice, and took your chance because of the map u played, u knew it by heart, your opp didnt
i dont know which map u mean

the same u dont know what i mean,

i know that dice are strange sometimes
i dont remember the last time, i attacked 6vs3 and won
just now i play a clangame, i failed again
and know what, before i took that chance i knew the outcome
aslan 6, opp 3
after attack
aslan 1, opp 1
and thats standard with me

now , its rd 1 , flatrate
where is here the strategy?
if i succeed against the guy, next turn i have a secure bonus

so , i faill before strategy comes to play

or do you suggest, i should do nothing, since everybody on cc
is having shit dice
rest the first round, and attack in round 2?

just yesterday i was close to get my swords back, 15 points i needed
lost 3 speedgames
this is unfair, and i know it

and i dont care anymore

another example
doubles game,
opps had 2 bonuas areas from rd 1
now after maybe 6 rounds i was able to break 1 bonus area
and it looks like there is a chance to win the game

if we turn this game around, it was not for strategy or brilliant play
it was maybe because of the fucking dice
I used to roll the daizz

AOK

Postby SirSebstar on Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:02 pm

aslan, trust me on thsi
going 6-3 and then ending 1-1 is just very very bad play by you.
losing 3 speedsgames is hardy unfair, if rank is all you care about, you just have to be slightly smarter.
I have once come back from a game with flat rate where i had 1 territory left. Although it is theoreticly possible, its not an everyday occurance for me, on the whole for the site however this hapens daily or near enough.
yes luck can cost you the game, but if your measure of luck is having a 6-3 going your way always, then seriously, you as way below in brainpower.
a 6-3 will succees about 77% and therefor fail every 23 %, that is almost one in four that your attack fails. if you plan games what require a 6-3 to win, then your strategy sucks.

again, bad dice happen to everybody. they happen less to you (ASLAN) then just about everybody else, and you certainly have better dice then your opponants. You clammoring about bad luck really shows that people tend to only remember bad luck streak but never good luck streaks since they tend to get taken for granted.

when all is said and done. remember, your opponants have to deal with the same type of dice as you do, it there really is a method instead of random dice, then find it and win always. if not deal with your own fears and get down to playing
Major SirSebstar

Postby fidias on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:16 am

i never go with 6 vs 3.... unless im really desperate and already loosing. minimun 7 or 8 vs 3.... not less.
unless of course that the game is lost if u dont do that 6 vs 3.

you should really rethink your strategy.... because you complain about your luck, but you kinda depend too much on it.... try to make your chances better. play slower, plan your strategy a couple of turns ahead.... of course your opponent can be VERY lucky and that can cost you the game.... but it rarely happens, and when it does...well... just swalow it and play another game :D
Major fidias

Postby AslanTheKing on Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:30 pm

i will have a close look at this 6vs3 thing again

i took it granted and logical, that 6vs3 is good

i tried also just deploying and had 6 after round 1
in round 2 i had 9 and reduced a 3 down to 1, still standing with 9 i reduced the other border from 3 to 1
surprised by this dice i tried 9 vs1 , didnt work, so i tried the others guy single, this time 6 vs1
at the end i was left with 3 standing, stupid
I used to roll the daizz

AOK

Postby SirSebstar on Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:14 pm

so you killed 9 and lost 6.. reasonable trade, but your strategy to get a spoil misserable failed.

hence my comment , your luck is good, above average. and still you complain, when obviously you do better then others in the cubedepartment.
So its plain its strategy then that holds you back. again, suggestion, join the Society of Cooks and learn to be a better player
Major SirSebstar

Postby AslanTheKing on Fri May 03, 2013 4:10 pm

SirSebstar wrote:so you killed 9 and lost 6.. reasonable trade, but your strategy to get a spoil misserable failed.

hence my comment , your luck is good, above average. and still you complain, when obviously you do better then others in the cubedepartment.
So its plain its strategy then that holds you back. again, suggestion, join the Society of Cooks and learn to be a better player

i had 9 and killed only 4 ( without getting spoil, since both opps left with 1 troop)
i killed 4 and lost 6!!!

i had 9 ( reduced a 3 down to 1 troop, reduced the other borders 3 to 1, i lost zero , the other 2 regions lost all together 4)

then i tried to get a spoil

with my 9 ( i had lost nothing then)

i attacked a 1 ( lost until i had 6 troops left, the single 1 troop still standing)

so i thought ( since random dice!?!, )

i change my attack to the other 1 single troop

i attacked with 6 the other opponent

failed

at the end i had 3 troops left

i did not attack with 3 again

buttom note

i had 9 troops vs 2x 3 troops

reduces both down to 1 troop

then with 9 troops i tried to take a spoil against 1 single troop !!!

didnt work

what else do you want to tell me?

do they teach in SOC,
attack a single troop with 25 troops only !!!!

i failed with 9 vs 1
anything else to add ?
I used to roll the daizz

AOK

Postby SirSebstar on Fri May 03, 2013 6:20 pm

try to follow a class in statistics. i was going to write a lot more, but there you have it. bad luck will happen, to you it happens less then others, but if you keep going after the wrong goal, you are more often going to lose...
killing troops, but failing to take a spoil can certainly be categorized as a very very bad move.

Serously, of ALL the people on this site, you have a much better then average luck. You should be major or general based on your luck alone, i think your rank is to high based on your skill, or lack thereof.
if you have anything else to add, please do so in the strategy forum. i will be happy to assist you (just send me a pm of your post)
Major SirSebstar

Postby AslanTheKing on Sun May 05, 2013 4:01 pm

fidias wrote:i never go with 6 vs 3.... unless im really desperate and already loosing. minimun 7 or 8 vs 3.... not less.
unless of course that the game is lost if u dont do that 6 vs 3.

you should really rethink your strategy.... because you complain about your luck, but you kinda depend too much on it.... try to make your chances better. play slower, plan your strategy a couple of turns ahead.... of course your opponent can be VERY lucky and that can cost you the game.... but it rarely happens, and when it does...well... just swalow it and play another game :D

i think this is a good input
does this refer to every setting? ( except trench of course)
I used to roll the daizz

AOK

Postby betiko on Sun May 05, 2013 4:33 pm

Sebstar, why do you bother? It s a hopeless case. He will post everywhere in forums next time he gets bs dice.
Major betiko

Return to Conquer Club Discussion