Conquer Club

Sarcasm or Complete Moron ?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Well?

Total votes : 0

Re: Sarcasm or Complete Moron ?

Postby macbone on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:31 am

I don't think this one's sarcasm. I don't actually know anybody that's into numerology, but there's plenty of dreck floating around about it. I call this one probably sincere yet completely misguided.

(And it brings to mind the similarities between JFK and Lincoln: http://www.snopes.com/history/american/ ... ennedy.asp)
Colonel macbone

Postby john9blue on Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:38 am

so we don't actually get an answer to whether they are a moron or a troll? shame.

i'm hoping this thread doesn't degrade into posting things that are actually true and that you just happen to disagree with...
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:55 am

john9blue wrote:so we don't actually get an answer to whether they are a moron or a troll? shame.

what you mean like word of god or something? how the hell should I know what their real intentions are?

/ wrote:Can we vote on this one later?
http://vigilantcitizen.com/vigilantrepo ... ti-agenda/

Nice find. I'll put that one up next.
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:59 am

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:I'm leaning moron on this one, merely because I know a handful of people who actually espouse stuff like this irl. Without looking at the context it's hard to tell, but he seems genuine and in line with others that I know.

For example, there was this guy who used to come into the store I worked at and claimed he was a numerology guy, and was always going on about how these numbers predicted this and that (it was especially funny because he'd ask me to add numbers and he usually came out wrong), and claimed he worked on HAARP to induce earthquakes. He also said that the rapture was only a year or two away (this was about two years ago).

-TG

Until you've actually met someone like that it's really hard to believe that these people exist, isn't it?
I mean how many ways are there to prove to yourself, even without accessing any kind of external resource, that the "web bot" could not possibly predict 90% of current events. It's like they have no filter whatsoever that's connected to reality.
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby john9blue on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:38 am

Haggis_McMutton wrote:
john9blue wrote:so we don't actually get an answer to whether they are a moron or a troll? shame.

what you mean like word of god or something? how the hell should I know what their real intentions are?

usually if you keep reading the thread, or check their post history, you can get context that makes it clear which one they are. note: this doesn't apply to exceptionally dedicated trolls.

i do like the premise of this thread, though.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby Lootifer on Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:03 pm

Not enough inflammatory stuff so I'm going with moron; trolls tend to bait more.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,