Conquer Club

CCup4 - 1st Random Draw to Determine Play-ins - Sunday 4/21

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

CCup4 - 1st Random Draw to Determine Play-ins - Sunday 4/21

Postby chemefreak on Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:46 pm

Clan World! The CCup4 is about to get underway! We have 16 seeded clans:

show: Seeded 16

We also have our Random Pool of clans:

show: Random Pool

Tomorrow, Sunday April 21, 2013 at 11:00 am CC Time there will be a live chat event to randomly select the 6 lucky clans that will have to play a play-in! The procedure will be as follows:

Our new Head Clan Director is going to provide a list of the 19 play-in clans to a member of Team CC and have them assign #s to each clan, in any order 1-19. This list with #s will be provided via a pm to Leehar, chemefreak, and rds. When everyone joins chat, Leehar will request random chatters to select 6 numbers between 1-19. This will give us our 6 play-in clans. The first two selected will play each other, the next two will play each other, and then final two will play each other. This will set the play-in matchups.

Depending on when the play-in games get underway, and the progress of the CCup3 Final, a date will be selected a few weeks from now to randomly assign the remainder of the clans and the winners of the play-ins to the Top 16. The bracket will then proceed as normal.

See you tomorrow in live chat at 11 am CC Time. To join the Live Chat Draw, type /join CCup4

CC Time: 11:00:00
Lieutenant chemefreak

Re: CCup4 - 1st Random Draw to Determine Play-ins - Sunday 4

Postby freakns on Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:05 pm

so no bracket for everyone tomorrow?

also, to all americans who have no idea how to count time... good lord, my 3 year old niece knows this

CEST or what you are calling central european summer time, is same shit as central european time as whole europe shifts clock between summer/winter and is GMT+1, same as CET. GMT+2 use Kiev, Bukurest, Helsinki, and thats not central europe. to all americans, europe is that part on your map, just right from new york, across that big blue thing, and central of europe is not in the middle of that continent because far right is actually Asia, so central of the continent is east europe/west asia. i know, its complicated, here in europe you need 2 grades of elementary school to understand it(or two years of college in us of a).

same mistake as we had with CL draw...

im staring to worry what will happen when CDs get something right from first try. i think site will crash. maybe even permanently.
Brigadier freakns

Postby chemefreak on Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:09 pm

freakns wrote:so no bracket for everyone tomorrow?

also, to all americans who have no idea how to count time... good lord, my 3 year old niece knows this

CEST or what you are calling central european summer time, is same shit as central european time as whole europe shifts clock between summer/winter and is GMT+1, same as CET. GMT+2 use Kiev, Bukurest, Helsinki, and thats not central europe. to all americans, europe is that part on your map, just right from new york, across that big blue thing, and central of europe is not in the middle of that continent because far right is actually Asia, so central of the continent is east europe/west asia. i know, its complicated, here in europe you need 2 grades of elementary school to understand it(or two years of college in us of a).

im staring to worry what will happen when CDs get something right from first try. i think site will crash. maybe even permanently.

No we want to get the play-ins started immediately. We will have another Live Event in the next few weeks to get the random assignments to the Top 16.

Is my time wrong? Did you not understand what time I meant?

Leehar wants to do it 5 pm his time. He is currently GMT +2.

EDIT...Leehar has made the time idiot proof. Just click on the link
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby jsnyder748 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:23 pm

Good to know how time works. Thanks.
Colonel jsnyder748

Postby freakns on Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:24 pm

GMT=Greenwich Mean Time, means time at Greenwich. Greenwich is zero meridian, and central europe always have 1 hour offset from it. summer, winter, new year, eastern, your birthday... its always +1. London is always at GMT, and Belgrade(thats Central Europe, just because you bomb it doesnt mean its near Iraq) is always London+1 and GMT+1.

and i have no idea in which time zone Leehar is. apparently, neither do you.
Brigadier freakns

Postby tokle on Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:36 pm

freakns wrote:GMT=Greenwich Mean Time, means time at Greenwich. Greenwich is zero meridian, and central europe always have 1 hour offset from it. summer, winter, new year, eastern, your birthday... its always +1. London is always at GMT, and Belgrade(thats Central Europe, just because you bomb it doesnt mean its near Iraq) is always London+1 and GMT+1.

This is not true. London, where I am, is currently on British Summer Time. Which is GMT +1. CEST is GMT +2.
GMT is a standard, and doesn't change with daylight savings.
Major tokle

Postby chemefreak on Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:38 pm

freakns wrote:GMT=Greenwich Mean Time, means time at Greenwich. Greenwich is zero meridian, and central europe always have 1 hour offset from it. summer, winter, new year, eastern, your birthday... its always +1. London is always at GMT, and Belgrade(thats Central Europe, just because you bomb it doesnt mean its near Iraq) is always London+1 and GMT+1.

I see. There you guys don't use GMT and UTC interchangeably. Sounds like it would be complicated to plan an invasion in Europe. Probably best to just use relative times like "at sun's first light", "at the first sign of the moon", or just ask a German for help...what? Too soon?

BTW, we just updated everything to CC Time. Click on the link to find what time you are in relative to me! Cheers.
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby tokle on Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:40 pm

chemefreak wrote:

I see. There you guys don't use GMT and UTC interchangeably. Sounds like it would be complicated to plan an invasion in Europe. Probably best to just use relative times like "at sun's first light", "at the first sign of the moon", or just ask a German for help...what? Too soon?

BTW, we just updated everything to CC Time. Click on the link to find what time you are in relative to me! Cheers.

GMT and UTC are practically the same thing. GMT is a bit less "politically correct", since it implies that Greenwhich is the centre of the world.
Major tokle

Postby freakns on Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:47 pm

chemefreak wrote:

nah, they failed in WW I, they failed in WW II, they failed with NATO... pick your allies more carefully id say.

tokle wrote:

This is not true. London, where I am, is currently on British Summer Time. Which is GMT +1. CEST is GMT +2.
GMT is a standard, and doesn't change with daylight savings.

if thats the case, then i was the idiot this time... oh well, not the first time i did it!

my apologies for all the confused i have caused, i will keep my mouth shut from now on.(although link that Lee provided did say its 16:00 tomorrow)
Brigadier freakns

Postby chapcrap on Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:11 pm

What's all the fuss about the time? Seems like everything is in order to me.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby umbrellaman on Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:03 pm

Holy crap Europe is a real place. I thought it was a fictional map made up on CC. They actually have their own time zones there. :shock: Ha stupid American living in Eastern STANDARD Time...which just so happens to be the same as CC Time. Thank God I won't have to do any extra math to figure out what time it is.
Major umbrellaman

Postby denominator on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:12 am

chemefreak wrote:Tomorrow, Sunday April 21, 2013 at 11:00 am CC Time there will be a live chat event to randomly select the 6 lucky clans that will have to play a play-in! The procedure will be as follows:

Our new Head Clan Director is going to provide a list of the 19 play-in clans to a member of Team CC and have them assign #s to each clan, in any order 1-19. This list with #s will be provided via a pm to Leehar, chemefreak, and rds. When everyone joins chat, Leehar will request random chatters to select 6 numbers between 1-19. This will give us our 6 play-in clans. The first two selected will play each other, the next two will play each other, and then final two will play each other. This will set the play-in matchups.

This cannot be considered "random".
Sergeant 1st Class denominator

Postby trboye on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:16 am

If I ask freakns when is the draw, what would he answer me? :D
Lieutenant trboye

Postby eddie2 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:43 am

denominator wrote:
chemefreak wrote:Tomorrow, Sunday April 21, 2013 at 11:00 am CC Time there will be a live chat event to randomly select the 6 lucky clans that will have to play a play-in! The procedure will be as follows:

This cannot be considered "random".

what happened to the bikini wearing woman doing the draw
Major eddie2

Postby benga on Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:15 am

Why aren't we doing the whole bracket now?

So we can start on round 1 matchups if we want (in case we dont have to wait for the winner of playin)
Sergeant benga

Postby Keefie on Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:36 am

benga wrote:Why aren't we doing the whole bracket now?

So we can start on round 1 matchups if we want (in case we dont have to wait for the winner of playin)

+1
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby eddie2 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:49 am

Its not just the playin round afos and tofu still playing ccup3final. So you have 5teams not able to start round 1. That means 5 sets of warsthat might not of even started when the rest are ready for round 2. So are you guys wanting to start now nominating your clan for the playins lol
Major eddie2

Postby freakns on Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:58 am

i was wondering the same thing... we could have nice, relaxed first round... this way, im guessing we will have start somewhere around October... 2014 :s
but, it is decided, so i guess we will have to trust them they made right decision and that they will make schedule which will prevent 6 months between rounds :)
Brigadier freakns

Postby Chariot of Fire on Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:27 am

Keefie wrote:

+1

+2
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby Finsfleet on Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:39 am

Another vote for complete draw right away. There are 3-5 matchups that woun`t be able to play immediatelly, yes, but I can`t see why other 11-13 matchups wouldn`t start earlier.
Major Finsfleet

Postby Leehar on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:44 am

We should hopefully be ready to draw in 15min!

If anyone wants to throw their hat in the ring to pick a number, join http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?mode=chat
:)
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby chemefreak on Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:02 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:
Keefie wrote:

+1

+2

We can hold the second draft in the next few weeks. I honestly never expected anyone from TOFU to support that since the clan they play will inevitably be hounding them to start. We will do the next live draft soon and the clans that can start may start. It will be exciting.
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby chemefreak on Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:32 am

Play-in Draw is complete.

Play-in A is RA vs DB

Play-in B is WAR vs KNT

Play-in C is AQOH vs HH
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Postby shoop76 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:50 am

It would be nice of we could actually complete this in a year and start the next edition at the same time next year

What's wrong with forcing clans to start playing right away regardless if they are still active in the previous cup? It's not going to dramatically change anyone's gamecount.
Major shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

Postby eddie2 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:19 am

shoop76 wrote:It would be nice of we could actually complete this in a year and start the next edition at the same time next year

What's wrong with forcing clans to start playing right away regardless if they are still active in the previous cup? It's not going to dramatically change anyone's gamecount.

because 6 teams are playing a playoff to get 3 places in round 1... the event will never be complete in 1 year unless they split it up into 2 events. but this is for next years discussions.
Major eddie2

Next

Return to Clan Archives