Conquer Club

Why Stiffer Gun Control/Bannings Are In Order

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Why Stiffer Gun Control/Bannings Are In Order

Postby -Maximus- on Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:15 pm

Woodruff wrote:
-Maximus- wrote:Now if the business ghosts your firearm

I've never heard this particular term - what does it mean?

I presume it has something to do with being able to tell you're carrying in some fashion?

Yes, for example, you bend over and the firearm "prints." It was actually illegal to print in Oklahoma a few years ago but they passed open carry and fixed it. Printing would be different from brandishing. Brandishing would be taking it out of holster and waving around or showing someone to scare. Brandishing is not good and usually illegal, although sometimes tough to prove in an open carry state.

I tell people all the time I can see them carrying. They either adjust so it hides easier or they don't care anyway.
If you wrong me I will hunt you down and destroy you.
Major -Maximus-

Postby Woodruff on Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:17 pm

-Maximus- wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
-Maximus- wrote:Now if the business ghosts your firearm

I've never heard this particular term - what does it mean?

I presume it has something to do with being able to tell you're carrying in some fashion?

Yes, for example, you bend over and the firearm "prints." It was actually illegal to print in Oklahoma a few years ago but they passed open carry and fixed it. Printing would be different from brandishing. Brandishing would be taking it out of holster and waving around or showing someone to scare. Brandishing is not good and usually illegal, although sometimes tough to prove in an open carry state.

I tell people all the time I can see them carrying. They either adjust so it hides easier or they don't care anyway.

Thanks.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby PLAYER57832 on Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:16 pm

Woodruff wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:
patches70 wrote:Suicide is not against the law. You won't find anyone in prison for attempted suicide. .

That's not true, though the exact laws vary by state. Jail may be less common than a psychiatric institution, but it definitely is illegal to commit suicide in most areas, mostly because it involves extra use of emergency services.. particularly things like jumping off a bridge.

There's typically a difference seen between attempted suicide and successful suicide. I know that it used to be illegal in Florida (I'm not sure if the law has changed since I moved out of the state) to commit suicide (yeah, I know), but it was not illegal to attempt suicide. I'm not sure WHY there's a distinction, to be honest.

It varies greatly by state. My knowledge is mostly as a first responder/volunteer. In some cases it is the action, such as jumping off a bridge that is illegal, because of the public safety/risk of emergency personnel, etc. In other cases, it is the act itself -- mostly to give law enforcement a way to hold people who are a threat to themselves or others. A big reason is the "or others" bit, because too often suicides are not just private situations. When they are -- those are generally not the ones you see on the news, they are the ones the family deals with on their own, mostly.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,