Conquer Club

What MLB STADIUM is best for a game?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: What MLB STADIUM is best for a game?

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:51 pm

A good baseball facility should not be domed. Agree with jimboston on that.

I've been to only a handful of major league facilities - Veteran's Stadium (I loved it, but objectively it was horrible), Citizen's Bank (great), old Yankees Stadium (great, for history only - the crowd there was as bad as any in Philadelphia) and PNC Park (great). Of those, PNC was the best, followed closely by Citizen's Bank Park (which I've been to at least 100 times).
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby tzor on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:07 pm

thegreekdog wrote:A good baseball facility should not be domed.

I would normally agree with you, but the thought of a baseball game being postponed due to SNOW is just wrong on so many levels.
Cadet tzor

Postby notyou2 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:17 pm

The Big O (Olympic Stadium). Just wear a helmet in case concrete falls on you.
Captain notyou2

Postby MegaProphet on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:58 pm

I've always enjoyed Wrigley and Coors
Corporal MegaProphet

Postby jimboston on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:27 am

thegreekdog wrote:A good baseball facility should not be domed. Agree with jimboston on that.

I've been to only a handful of major league facilities - Veteran's Stadium (I loved it, but objectively it was horrible), Citizen's Bank (great), old Yankees Stadium (great, for history only - the crowd there was as bad as any in Philadelphia) and PNC Park (great). Of those, PNC was the best, followed closely by Citizen's Bank Park (which I've been to at least 100 times).

Did I mention that Fenway trumps them all?
Private 1st Class jimboston

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:39 am

jimboston wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:A good baseball facility should not be domed. Agree with jimboston on that.

I think you're probably biased, but I've never been to Fenway. My brother has been to Fenway and says, for historic purposes, it's up there, but he would still rather see a game at one of the new(er) parks.

I also forgot to mention that I was at Camden Yards (back when it opened) and it was pretty fucking awesome.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby jimboston on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:09 am

thegreekdog wrote:
jimboston wrote:

I think you're probably biased, but I've never been to Fenway. My brother has been to Fenway and says, for historic purposes, it's up there, but he would still rather see a game at one of the new(er) parks.

I also forgot to mention that I was at Camden Yards (back when it opened) and it was pretty fucking awesome.

The seats in Fenway suck... even the $85 Box Seats.

If you know where to go in Fenway you can get a great view.

The best seats are Standing Room Only, right behind Home Plate.
You are still close to the action, but you aren't crowded into a tiny seat.

Plus the bathroom and beer-vendor are right there behind you.

Even when I have Box Seats I don't sit there... I go back to the Standing Room Only section.
Private 1st Class jimboston

Postby nietzsche on Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:31 pm

Related:

Does anyone know how many people commit suicide after watching the White Sox lose on tv? Per game.

I'm listening to the local broadcast and these two are completely biased as I hadn't seen before for the home team, and are completely depressing when the team is losing. I don't even root for Chicago and was starting to think that life isn't worth living...
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby tzor on Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:24 pm

You have to feel sorry for White Sox fans. They don't have the depth of experience of loosing as their friendly neighborhood Cubs Fans.

Don't worry, they will learn. They will learn.
Cadet tzor

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,