Conquer Club

inviting random people

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

inviting random people

Postby hwhrhett on Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:44 pm

is it legal to just invite random people to overly specialized games?
Cook hwhrhett

Re: inviting random people

Postby Evil Semp on Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:05 pm

hwhrhett wrote:is it legal to just invite random people to overly specialized games?

You should ask GLGH. He did it and got busted for farming.
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby IR1SH ACE on Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:57 pm

Evil Semp wrote:
hwhrhett wrote:is it legal to just invite random people to overly specialized games?

You should ask GLGH. He did it and got busted for farming.

yeah he did, but he was allowed get away with it for years and it took countless amounts of C&A cases and hours of work from the CC members to eventually get him busted, maybe next time u C&A mods can act faster and save us all the time..... :o
Major IR1SH ACE

Postby ManBungalow on Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:35 am

Inviting random people can be treated as illegal in a number of ways;

*Can invite New Recruits/inexperienced players (particularly on weird maps/settings)
*I think King Herpes was at one point sending auto-join links for private City Mogul games to New Recruits but dressed up so the text for the link said "Click Here to see a strategy guide" or something
*I'm sure there's been a case before in which a strong team invited an inactive player to a spot in the second team (game awaiting players), so as to prevent another organised team from joining
*You'll sometimes see people posting on walls, "join game 2249jh8294", which is usually a speed game and/or battle royale which everybody just wants to get started -- I think this is fine

So therein is an important aspect of the answer to the question here - is the 'invite' to a private game, made formally using the player invite tool, or just a text invite?
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby Eddygp on Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:42 pm

ManBungalow wrote:Inviting random people can be treated as illegal in a number of ways;
*I'm sure there's been a case before in which a strong team invited an inactive player to a spot in the second team (game awaiting players), so as to prevent another organised team from joining

This is actually very sophisticated and too efficient: if the invited player is a Cook, not even a really good pair of players who think that they could win against those three would join that game... letting cadets, cooks and privates to join the game, which is, for a stable team, an easy victory.
Private Eddygp

Postby ManBungalow on Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:23 pm

Eddygp wrote:
ManBungalow wrote:Inviting random people can be treated as illegal in a number of ways;

This is actually very sophisticated and too efficient: if the invited player is a Cook, not even a really good pair of players who think that they could win against those three would join that game... letting cadets, cooks and privates to join the game, which is, for a stable team, an easy victory.

Quite.

The danger of inviting a Cook is that he/she could decline the invitation, thus leaving potential for a good team to join.

Much safer to invite an inactive account. Or somebody who is in on the joke and doesn't mind having a perpetually pending invitation.
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby king achilles on Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:44 am

is it legal to just invite random people to overly specialized games?

There are lots of people out there who may be up for the challenge to play a game on a map they are not familiar with or have never tried before.

Define "overly specialized games" and who are those that are going to be taken advantage of.

On another note, do you want certain maps to be restricted to people who have reached a certain achievement (must have a certain rank/score or maybe a number of games finished) so these maps (with combined settings) won't be open for everyone? Assuming if this is possible.
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby ManBungalow on Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:16 am

king achilles wrote:On another note, do you want certain maps to be restricted to people who have reached a certain achievement (must have a certain rank/score or maybe a number of games finished) so these maps (with combined settings) won't be open for everyone? Assuming if this is possible.

No
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby nicestash on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:36 pm

ManBungalow wrote:
king achilles wrote:On another note, do you want certain maps to be restricted to people who have reached a certain achievement (must have a certain rank/score or maybe a number of games finished) so these maps (with combined settings) won't be open for everyone? Assuming if this is possible.

No

+1
Major nicestash

Postby SirSebstar on Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:00 am

as with everything CC tries very hard not to dictate how people derive fun from the game and forum.
Things that detract from everybody's fun (like cheating and nuicances) get kicked though.

So can you invite your friend for a game he might not be prepared enough for, sure. Take e.g. beta maps, they are new, and there is always the danger that something drastic changes midgame. even if you looked into the map, the friend could be clueless. its all fun, then its good.
If you systematicly farm people for points(or seek to annoy them) then you get booted from the site.
its a wide gulf of difference, but lets face it, if you have to ask, you are probably doing it wrong anyways
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Armandolas on Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:58 pm

nicestash wrote:
ManBungalow wrote:

No

+1

Does not make much sense...i can have 5000 thousand played games and still i can be farmed in some maps. Just invite me to city mogul and you will get easy points.
Still, to learn how to play it...i must play it!!!

I agree with Sirserbstar..one thing is doing it...another thing is abusing from it and play exclusively those games.

PS: I thoght that foeing for medals was the most pathetic thing people would do in CC...but an autojoin disguised as a thread, just reached number 1...TOP...lololol

Cheers
Colonel Armandolas

Postby greenoaks on Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:13 pm

i sometimes invite totally random people to games when i am medal hunting.

sometimes i randomly invite players i've had a game with but not defeated on a particular setting.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Sey69 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:08 pm

I will invite a random player (usually someone I've played with or against before) to games that need one more player to fill the final slot. They are usually not team games, but I'm pretty sure there has been a couple.

I have never even considered farming, or filling a slot for any nefarious advantage. I'm just here to play some games, have some fun, and meet (then kill) some interesting people. :)

People will try all sorts of stuff to gain any sort of advantage. :lol: The mods are excellent here, so I'm not too worried about it.
Sergeant 1st Class Sey69

Postby jsnyder748 on Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:53 pm

I think what we may be talking about here is gustafwasa and crash 22.
Colonel jsnyder748

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed May 01, 2013 6:23 am

Is there any precedent against inviting cooks to 1v1 games?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby SirSebstar on Wed May 01, 2013 9:08 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:Is there any precedent against inviting cooks to 1v1 games?

yes
see glg cases
Major SirSebstar

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed May 01, 2013 9:55 am

SirSebstar wrote:

yes
see glg cases

So if I have seen someone do that should I make a C&A report?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby SirSebstar on Wed May 01, 2013 10:09 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:

yes
see glg cases

So if I have seen someone do that should I make a C&A report?

if you see someone structurally abusing the invite system and or see a very strong pattern that reeks of abuse, yes please do.
note, yes incidently you can just askjust about anybody to play you, but if you do it to screw with the scoreboard(structurally) then its on ;-)
Major SirSebstar

Postby agentcom on Wed May 01, 2013 3:31 pm

Sirsebstar to English translator:

structurally = systematically

:)
Colonel agentcom

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu May 02, 2013 8:15 am

Thanks guys, doing some digging and if what I think is going actually is, I'll make a report.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Return to Conquer Club Discussion