Conquer Club

MLB 2013

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: MLB 2013

Postby Sackett58 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:15 pm

CBlake wrote:
Sackett58 wrote:Well my prediction of the Angels winning the West took a wrong turn. Weaver is out 4-6 weeks with a broken elbow(non throwing).

It was going to be wrong regardless..

Has Nelson Cruz learned to go all out for that last out in a game? :lol:
2010-04-24 18:51:35 - MrMoody: OMG I'm in a game with stunna, what is up with this?
Major Sackett58

Postby nietzsche on Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:01 pm

Is it me or MLB batters have gotten much more professional the last years?

I think there are a ton of good batters. Professional, disciplined, smart.. not only the big names anymore, many, many batters are very good.

And what about the closers? A lot of teams struggling to find a decent closer.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby Night Strike on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:04 am

nietzsche wrote:And what about the closers? A lot of teams struggling to find a decent closer.

Motte may have to have Tommy John. :cry:

Right after he signed a 2 year, $12 million extension. :cry:
Major Night Strike

Postby oVo on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:38 am

Sackett58 wrote:Has Nelson Cruz learned to go all out for that last out in a game? :lol:

That is not funny. It's true of course, but not funny and a waste
of Hamilton's 2 run blast and Napoli's MVP performance.
Major oVo

Postby Sackett58 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:06 am

oVo wrote:
Sackett58 wrote:Has Nelson Cruz learned to go all out for that last out in a game? :lol:

That is not funny. It's true of course, but not funny and a waste
of Hamilton's 2 run blast and Napoli's MVP performance.

When #1 Stunna shows up in chat once and a while he curses Cruz all the time. lol
2010-04-24 18:51:35 - MrMoody: OMG I'm in a game with stunna, what is up with this?
Major Sackett58

Postby strike wolf on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:19 am

nietzsche wrote:And what about the closers? A lot of teams struggling to find a decent closer.

The Braves are sharing the wealth of bad closers that they had for a while (Our closers the last few years have been decent to good but there was a stretch I want to say from when Smoltz returned to the starting line up to 2010 where we had a lot of subpar, injured or inconsistent closers).

Glad the Braves are doing well so far this year (last team with only one loss), we'll see how they do through the season with a strong in division opponent. So far the Uptons have been doing well for us. Pau Maholm is also one of two starting pitchers to have not given up a run (the other being Kershaw for the Dodgers)
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

IRe: MLB 2013

Postby Sackett58 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:42 am

strike wolf wrote:

The Braves are sharing the wealth of bad closers that they had for a while (Our closers the last few years have been decent to good but there was a stretch I want to say from when Smoltz returned to the starting line up to 2010 where we had a lot of subpar, injured or inconsistent closers).

Glad the Braves are doing well so far this year (last team with only one loss), we'll see how they do through the season with a strong in division opponent. So far the Uptons have been doing well for us. Pau Maholm is also one of two starting pitchers to have not given up a run (the other being Kershaw for the Dodgers)

I think Craig Kimbrel solves your problem.
Major Sackett58

Re: IRe: MLB 2013

Postby strike wolf on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:51 am

Sackett58 wrote:
strike wolf wrote:

Oh I like Kimbrel. It was some of his predecessors who had trouble. We've been solid at the closer spot for a few years now and the difference has shown in our record.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby CBlake on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:47 am

Ian Kinsler is the mothafn man.. I just wish we could have signed Justin Upton, we would be set.
dcowboys055 wrote:The alaska PD pwned you brian.
Captain CBlake

Postby nietzsche on Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:56 pm

CBlake wrote:Ian Kinsler is the mothafn man.. I just wish we could have signed Justin Upton, we would be set.

Yes, he is, and he's in my CC fantasy team.
General nietzsche

Postby Serbia on Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:50 pm

Blue Jays, 1
Tigers, 11

Best lineup in baseball.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Re: IRe: MLB 2013

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:13 am

strike wolf wrote:
Sackett58 wrote:
strike wolf wrote:

Oh I like Kimbrel. It was some of his predecessors who had trouble. We've been solid at the closer spot for a few years now and the difference has shown in our record.

The Braves entire bullpen is scary. O'Flaherty is like kryptonite to Utley and Howard.

Like I said earlier, the Braves are my pick to win the World Series. Mike Minor looks pretty good in the early going. Teheran had a good spring. They'll get another veteran starter by the trade deadline and there really isn't a need to upgrade anywhere else. That young catcher (Gettis?) is playing well too.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Serbia on Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:05 pm

Tigers 10
A's 1

Best lineup in baseball.

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby deathcomesrippin on Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:07 pm

Braves sweeping Nats........music to my eyes.
Sergeant deathcomesrippin

Postby Army of GOD on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:17 pm

Third in the league in ERA so far. YEAHHHHHHHHHHH
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Serbia on Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:35 pm

Tigers suck.

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Serbia on Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:20 am

Anibal Sanchez set a Tiger's and Interleague record for strikeouts in a game with 17 against the Atlanta Braves in Detroit's 10-0 home victory.

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Army of GOD on Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:01 pm

Sox are doing very well. Again, this season depends 100% on our pitching...our offense, especially with Papi who's 14-27 since he's come back, will be there.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby nietzsche on Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:39 am

Army of GOD wrote:Sox are doing very well. Again, this season depends 100% on our pitching...our offense, especially with Papi who's 14-27 since he's come back, will be there.

Ortiz has been very very impressive (he's on my fantasy team). It looks like as he gets older he gets better. Or uses better PEDs.

Lester and Bucholz are doing great. Dubront and Dempster meh. Lackey super sucks. Next move from the GM is probably get Bedard again and probaly Ubaldo.
General nietzsche

Postby Night Strike on Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:53 am

#STLCards rotation: 14-4, 2.08 ERA. And the bullpen? 0-5, 5.37 ERA. 5 of 9 losses have come when Cards led or were tied heading into 7th.
Major Night Strike

Postby oVo on Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:33 pm

I'm just happy to see the Rangers rolling early.
With the off season changes there were some doubters.

Of course, for all the fast starting teams... there's a long way to go.
AL West looks wicked, even with another slow start from the Angels.
Major oVo

Postby nietzsche on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:44 pm

Night Strike wrote:#STLCards rotation: 14-4, 2.08 ERA. And the bullpen? 0-5, 5.37 ERA. 5 of 9 losses have come when Cards led or were tied heading into 7th.

Salas has been sucking since last year, I don't know how much more time Matheny is going to keep him. Redfsahgcsinzky is supposed to be very good, what's happening to him?
General nietzsche

Postby Night Strike on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:04 pm

nietzsche wrote:
Night Strike wrote:#STLCards rotation: 14-4, 2.08 ERA. And the bullpen? 0-5, 5.37 ERA. 5 of 9 losses have come when Cards led or were tied heading into 7th.

Salas has been sucking since last year, I don't know how much more time Matheny is going to keep him. Redfsahgcsinzky is supposed to be very good, what's happening to him?

Scrabble was down a bit last year. Boggs is just plain horrible. I don't know if he has options for a trip to AAA or not.

In potentially good news, Motte did long toss 2 days in a row, so hopefully he doesn't have to have Tommy John.
Major Night Strike

Postby nietzsche on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:27 pm

Night Strike wrote:
nietzsche wrote:

Scrabble was down a bit last year. Boggs is just plain horrible. I don't know if he has options for a trip to AAA or not.

In potentially good news, Motte did long toss 2 days in a row, so hopefully he doesn't have to have Tommy John.

Does that mean that Mujica will not be the closer for long? I have him in my fantasy team :(
General nietzsche

Postby Night Strike on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:19 pm

nietzsche wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
nietzsche wrote:

Does that mean that Mujica will not be the closer for long? I have him in my fantasy team :(

I would be surprised to see Motte throwing in major league games before June 1, much less closing them. He basically has to go through the whole spring training process to build up arm strength, assuming he doesn't have to resort to the surgery.
Major Night Strike

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,