Conquer Club

Ideas For a Tournament?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Ideas For a Tournament?

Postby jsnyder748 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:17 am

I am thinking of a fun way to lose my rank to get back into playing a lot of tourneys and games for medals over the summer.

An idea I have already.....

Kill the General - 1 v 1 tournament where I play everyone on their choice of map. Random number of people. If they win vs me they move on to the next round. If they lose they are out. Round 2 same thing, Round 3 etc....Repeat until there is only 1 person left and they are the winner. If all are eliminated at one time then there will be a playoff of some kind between the remaining players.

Any others?
Colonel jsnyder748

Re: Ideas For a Tournament?

Postby greenoaks on Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:02 am

that is similar to the 'Can You Beat HA' series of tournaments.

the difference being it was all on one map & this, which i think you should do
Last player left wins the tourney. If both or all players left in a round after round two lose, we replay the round until there is only one player left.

you'll want at least 15 players to signup. if you win every game in round 1 you win the tournament otherwise the winner is determined by the quote above.

will you be running this or would you like someone else to host a 'Can You Beat jsnyder748' for you ?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby jsnyder748 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:18 am

greenoaks wrote:that is similar to the 'Can You Beat HA' series of tournaments.

Last player left wins the tourney. If both or all players left in a round after round two lose, we replay the round until there is only one player left.

you'll want at least 15 players to signup. if you win every game in round 1 you win the tournament otherwise the winner is determined by the quote above.

will you be running this or would you like someone else to host a 'Can You Beat jsnyder748' for you ?

:D I'd run it. I'm sure people can beat me if they are allowed to chose their map. If I won 16 straight games I wouldn't lose my rank....and there goes the point of the tourny haha
Colonel jsnyder748

Postby waauw on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:38 am

well another thing you could do is make more of a terminator-like tournament. For example:

Players get divided into x groups of y players. Each group you plays 1 terminator game. You will join each of the games and every player who gets killed before you do, is eliminated. Those who outlive you progress to the next round. This process repeats itself over and over until only 1 person outlives you.
Of course in a case where outlive all in a later stage of the game(not first round, the person who was eliminated last wins). If you win all your games in first round, you win the tournament.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby greenoaks on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:42 am

jsnyder748 wrote:
greenoaks wrote:that is similar to the 'Can You Beat HA' series of tournaments.

:D I'd run it. I'm sure people can beat me if they are allowed to chose their map. If I won 16 straight games I wouldn't lose my rank....and there goes the point of the tourny haha

i don't expect you to win either if they bring their best maps but you should at least have it in the rules as a contingency. and if you did win all of them "Can You Beat jsnyder748 Version TWO" would be a sellout.

chapcrap has his chap pleasures ......... series if you want to relax while losing ;)
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby jsnyder748 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:53 am

waauw wrote:well another thing you could do is make more of a terminator-like tournament. For example:

Players get divided into x groups of y players. Each group you plays 1 terminator game. You will join each of the games and every player who gets killed before you do, is eliminated. Those who outlive you progress to the next round. This process repeats itself over and over until only 1 person outlives you.
Of course in a case where outlive all in a later stage of the game(not first round, the person who was eliminated last wins). If you win all your games in first round, you win the tournament.

Good Idea, but I have a feeling as long as they read the rules they would target me every game. There is no way I could take people out if they went after me only every game. I would lose my rank quickly though.

I do have a special love for private escalating games. I like the fact that you can play 30 of those games at a time and lose tons of points one week and gain them all back the next week.
Colonel jsnyder748

Postby jsnyder748 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:55 am

greenoaks wrote:i don't expect you to win either if they bring their best maps but you should at least have it in the rules as a contingency. and if you did win all of them "Can You Beat jsnyder748 Version TWO" would be a sellout.

chapcrap has his chap pleasures ......... series if you want to relax while losing ;)

I have 5 ongoing right now, but with summer time I will probably make many more tournaments. In that regard maybe only 8 players are allowed to sign up. The likelihood of me winning them all is still very low, but that would at least give me a lucky chance.

or is the limit for 1 v 1 16 players? I have been doing team tournaments lately.

p.s. is anybody else having trouble with their quick edit button?
Last edited by jsnyder748 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel jsnyder748

Postby chapcrap on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:56 am

Try this one: viewtopic.php?t=171214

You'll get a giant game load and it will be on maps you aren't good at.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby waauw on Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:55 pm

jsnyder748 wrote:
waauw wrote:well another thing you could do is make more of a terminator-like tournament. For example:

Good Idea, but I have a feeling as long as they read the rules they would target me every game. There is no way I could take people out if they went after me only every game. I would lose my rank quickly though.

I do have a special love for private escalating games. I like the fact that you can play 30 of those games at a time and lose tons of points one week and gain them all back the next week.

that is not per se true. Because they ned to outlive you but they need to make sure that as many people as possible die before you die, so going immediately after you is a terrible strategy.
Lieutenant waauw

Return to Conquer Club Discussion