Conquer Club

I have clickable maps w/out downloading it, how to remove?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

I have clickable maps w/out downloading it, how to remove?

Postby PonyGal on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:35 am

This is an odd one, but since logging in today I seem to have acquired 'clickable maps' (atleast this is what I think it is.. I have B.O.B 5.2.4 installed & I use the function that highlights a selected region & shows possible attack routes. However now this pop up appears every time i hover over a selected region and offers such helpful tips such as "click here to deploy x amount of troops" then "click here to attack x region" .. that is clickable maps right? I always use drop down, I never downloaded any clickable maps & in my greasemonkey there is none listed. I have BOB & map rank & clan rank that is all. How do i get rid of this if it doesn't show anywhere? I really hate the view of my attackable regions being skewed by pop up boxes stating the obvious (I tried in my last game to click from the map to both deploy & attack & it worked, this is what has me convinced it's the clickable maps feature. I've also noticed in conjunction with this that the BOB options for snapshots are now located under the map & not above as they used to be, does anyone know what this could be? I have not changed any settings whatsoever. Thanks for any advice O:)
Sergeant 1st Class PonyGal

Location: Best place on earth, Emmdizzles house :-) South Bay, sunny San Diego

Re: I have clickable maps w/out downloading it, how to remov

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:49 am

That is the sites version of clickable maps. Just ignore it. :)
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby rjhankey on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:00 am

You're right PonyGal -- and as a user of clickable maps, those popups are now preventing me from clicking on the map regions (so clickable maps is no longer usable because the popup prevents actually clicking on a terit). I'm noticing it's only a subset of maps that have that going on, and the BOB buttons for snapshots have moved below the map in every case where it's messed up.

Has something been upgraded on the site over the weekend that caused this?
Highest rank/rating -- Major / 2243 points -- May 21, 2015

http://i.imgur.com/XHQnpn5.gif[/img]
Captain rjhankey

Postby SirSebstar on Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:11 pm

yes
freemiums now have adds above their maps, so the snapshot buttons moved to below the map
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby PonyGal on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:44 am

Thanks for the responses, Is there any way to turn off those pop ups ? They flash & cause my game screen to flash, this never happened before yesterday :x
Sergeant 1st Class PonyGal

Location: Best place on earth, Emmdizzles house :-) South Bay, sunny San Diego

Postby SirSebstar on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:57 am

nope
have not figured that out
Major SirSebstar

Postby morleyjoe on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:49 pm

Yep - It's really messing up game play...hope the problem gets fixed soon. It does it only on some maps where it for some reason moves the snapshot bars to the bottom of the map.
show: My CC
Major morleyjoe

Postby SirSebstar on Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:17 am

morleyjoe wrote:Yep - It's really messing up game play...hope the problem gets fixed soon. It does it only on some maps where it for some reason moves the snapshot bars to the bottom of the map.

that happens because freemiumns now get adds above the map. and premms do not. however tournament games do not suffer the adds problem, so there the snapshots button stay at the top
Major SirSebstar

Postby morleyjoe on Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:01 am

SirSebstar wrote:
morleyjoe wrote:Yep - It's really messing up game play...hope the problem gets fixed soon. It does it only on some maps where it for some reason moves the snapshot bars to the bottom of the map.

that happens because freemiumns now get adds above the map. and premms do not. however tournament games do not suffer the adds problem, so there the snapshots button stay at the top

I'm hoping someone is looking into it. Is there a thread (I can't find one) to get an update anywhere?

Thanks!!
show: My CC
Major morleyjoe

Postby SirSebstar on Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:44 am

its the implicite result of this change:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=187564&p=4153576#p4153576
Major SirSebstar

Postby rjhankey on Thu May 02, 2013 3:45 am

I think I may have stumbled on to a "workaround" ... changing the BOB setting to move the chat to the top seems to have repositioned the popups so they don't interfere with the clickable maps functionality. It's taking a little getting used to, but I think I could get accustomed to having the chat as the first thing I see on the game/map page. Seems to be working in my regular games and in the tournament games.
Highest rank/rating -- Major / 2243 points -- May 21, 2015

http://i.imgur.com/XHQnpn5.gif[/img]
Captain rjhankey

Postby Nicky15 on Thu May 02, 2013 7:28 am

rjhankey wrote:I think I may have stumbled on to a "workaround" ... changing the BOB setting to move the chat to the top seems to have repositioned the popups so they don't interfere with the clickable maps functionality. It's taking a little getting used to, but I think I could get accustomed to having the chat as the first thing I see on the game/map page. Seems to be working in my regular games and in the tournament games.

This works, thanks for finding that, it was literally giving me a headache. If you install chatglove, http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=527&t=132761 you can detach the chat and put it wherever you like so it shouldn't get in your way.
Major Nicky15

Return to Conquer Club Discussion