Conquer Club

Premium pause button.

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Premium pause button.

Postby 2dimes on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:01 pm

You can stop your premium for a period of time while you vacation or maybe take a dice rage break etc. then it will last longer when you return.
Corporal 2dimes

Re: Premium pause button.

Postby Woodruff on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:07 pm

2dimes wrote:You can stop your premium for a period of time while you vacation or maybe take a dice rage break etc. then it will last longer when you return.

Seems reasonable. Some sort of a lock on the ability to play games and post, I presume?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby 2dimes on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:33 pm

I suppose you could lock the member out of games or even posting.

Or the pause could automatically revert to premium when you try to use a premium feature.

I was not thinking of blocking the user. I might want to take a break yet check in on the forums while traveling. I would not personally join a game but I don't want to limit a person beyond a freemium account player otherwise it would promote second accounts.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Vartiovuori on Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:00 pm

Woodruff wrote:
2dimes wrote:You can stop your premium for a period of time while you vacation or maybe take a dice rage break etc. then it will last longer when you return.

Seems reasonable. Some sort of a lock on the ability to play games and post, I presume?

Wouldn't that mean intentionally deadbeating all your current games? Seems like a site features that endorses such behaviour would be a bad idea.
Sergeant 1st Class Vartiovuori

Postby jsnyder748 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:04 pm

cool idea, but it does only cost 25 a year....that is ridiculously cheap for any online gaming website. I would think with cc needing a new website revamp to bring in more players it will be hard to have this pass since it would mean slightly less income for cc.
Colonel jsnyder748

Postby 2dimes on Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:48 pm

Revamp? With the cost of web development that could cost hundreds of dollars too.
Corporal 2dimes

Re:

Postby jsnyder748 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:01 pm

2dimes wrote:Revamp? With the cost of web development that could cost hundreds of dollars too.

To pay someone who knows what they are doing might cost like 5 dolars
Colonel jsnyder748

Postby 2dimes on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:17 am

Vartiovuori wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Wouldn't that mean intentionally deadbeating all your current games? Seems like a site features that endorses such behaviour would be a bad idea.

It would not be an option if you had active games because you would be using your account. Just like you can't cash in spoils if you don't have a set.

The button would only show up when the conditions were right.
Last edited by 2dimes on Sun May 05, 2013 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:55 am

I doubt this will ever be implemented.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Re:

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:59 am

2dimes wrote:It would not be an option if you had active games because you would be using your account. Just like you can't cash in spoils if you don't have a set.

The button would show only up when the conditions were right.

So to use a button, we have to get our games 4 or under. So any premium that has say 30+ games active and wants to go on holiday next month has to let his games finish and not start new ones. I really do not want to have to go through periods of time where I have far fewer games than what I like to have active, just to save a couple of weeks of premium. It could take longer than the two weeks to get my games to that level.

This seems like a lot of hassle for the programmers just to benefit a very very tiny few if any. Considering it is only a few cents a day we pay for premium, so what if you lose a week or so when on holiday. Think of it as an extra expense.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby greenoaks on Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:46 pm

i'm with koontz on this.

membership is cheap. losing a week or too is no big deal, especially as i'd take a month to get down to 4 games.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby 2dimes on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:06 pm

You would not be forced to use it. It would only be an extra option.

A computer times how long your premium is in effect. It should not be difficult to pause it. What happens if it runs out, then you get a new one? [panic]

DoomYoshi wrote:I doubt this will ever be implemented.

Me too.

It might cause someone that was not going to buy one because they wouldn't be on here for a few months in the middle decide to go ahead.

Could be used when a member goes to college/has a baby/is planning to get abducted by aliens...
Corporal 2dimes

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:00 am

2dimes wrote:Could be used when a member goes to college

Most on here seem to be of that level now.
2dimes wrote:has a baby

Best time to play is this. Drowns out the noise of crying and gets you out of nappy changes.
2dimes wrote:is planning to get abducted by aliens

When they come, they better come prepared. I will kick their sorry butts from here to Jupiter.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby 2dimes on Sat May 04, 2013 1:02 pm

Yeah it's probably beyond the capabilities of the current staff and would maybe only make a few more people cough up money you wouldn't otherwise get.

This was only a suggestion that seemed simple to add. That might attract some who don't see any value in paying for a different coloured symbol beside their screen name, but might like to play speed games in the fall and after Christmas.

Carry on. I'll come up with some another simple ideas that are "conquer club impossible" later. TA TA.
Corporal 2dimes

Re:

Postby greenoaks on Sat May 04, 2013 5:53 pm

2dimes wrote:Yeah it's probably beyond the capabilities of the current staff and would maybe only make a few more people cough up money you wouldn't otherwise get.

This was only a suggestion that seemed simple to add. That might attract some who don't see any value in paying for a different coloured symbol beside their screen name, but might like to play speed games in the fall and after Christmas.

Carry on. I'll come up with some another simple ideas that are "conquer club impossible" later. TA TA.

or you could throw your support behind some great ideas already suggested such as Initial Deployment Option - Conquest ;)
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby chapcrap on Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:39 am

I may be able to throw my support behind this if there were some limitations to it. Something like:
  • You must pause the premium for at least 14 days in a row.
  • You can only use 30 days total for the whole year.

Of course, this will only save you $2.50 at best...
Lieutenant chapcrap

Return to Suggestions