Conquer Club

Sort My Games By Ready Turns

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Order My Games by Time

Postby tals on Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:07 pm

Sometimes I don't manage to check into games for a day - when I return I want to hit the most critical games first and then the ones with more time. Ideally i'd prefer the game order was in order of time left to play (least time at the top). But if that is not possible then possible put your name in red or similar to make it clear the game turn is close to ending.

Tals

p.s would still be useful for this info to be in the rss feed as well :)
Sergeant tals

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:20 pm

A while ago someone suggested putting the round time on the main window, perhaps that would be better than just this.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Evil Semp on Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:30 pm

Sergeant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby tals on Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:33 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:A while ago someone suggested putting the round time on the main window, perhaps that would be better than just this.

--Andy

Yep a turn timer works for me.

Tals
Sergeant tals

my games list.

Postby Pedronicus on Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:46 am

I would like to have the option of sorting my games list with the games with the least amount of time left on them at the top.
This way I can look at my games at the top of my list, and try to figure out what my next move is going to be. instead of randomly clicking the games & forgetting which one i was going to do 'X' with...
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Sorting My Games differently

Postby Fircoal on Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:36 am

I don't know if this has been suggested because the search and to-do list is so hard to look thought. Too many items. I think it would be good if the games were sorted by if you had a turn in them or not. I don't know if this could be done, but then it would be easier to find them instead of looking all over a list of 20 or 30 games(I know that only applies to some.)
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:52 am

Is it really that difficult to search through? I thought it was split up pretty well.

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=615 "Sort My Games"

--Andy

Postby Fircoal on Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:28 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Is it really that difficult to search through? I thought it was split up pretty well.

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=615 "Sort My Games"

--Andy

I did search but all of the threads poped up, it's annoying, you should get a better search thing, but unlike some people I did search.

ALso by the name I never would of thought it was the same thing.
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby Coleman on Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:05 pm

I'd just like to have sorts in general, like being able to sort my games by play type instead of it always defaulting to game number.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:17 pm

The point of the TO-DO list...is it simplifies searching. You shouldn't even need to use the forum search! It's all right there...seperated into categories...all it takes is a minute to read.

And regarding a new search system, alright, let me go re-write the forum software :-\

--Andy

Postby reverend_kyle on Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:30 pm

Tutorial on searching the to do list...

1. Go to to do list
2. Press Ctrl F. Or go to edit and click find.
3. Type in a key word of your suggestion
4. click find until something similar comes up
5. click on link.
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby Fircoal on Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:11 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:The point of the TO-DO list...is it simplifies searching. You shouldn't even need to use the forum search! It's all right there...seperated into categories...all it takes is a minute to read.

And regarding a new search system, alright, let me go re-write the forum software :-\

--Andy

The real point of the TO-Do list:
TO get me lost in 10,000 thread not finding what I wanted to and just pointing it anyway. I checked there too, I checked both places, maybe Rev.'s way will work.
Captain Fircoal

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:31 pm

I don't know how you get lost in the To-Do List...there aren't even that many threads in there. ;)

--Andy

Postby Fircoal on Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:22 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:I don't know how you get lost in the To-Do List...there aren't even that many threads in there. ;)

--Andy

There are and the names are different then what I would call them.
Captain Fircoal

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:44 pm

Oh jeez, if you spend a minute reading them you would understand them. Is 'Sort My Games' written different than how you would've looked for it? ;) Anyways, I think Lack is looking into this for a future update.

--Andy

Postby Fircoal on Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:04 am

AndyDufresne wrote:Oh jeez, if you spend a minute reading them you would understand them. Is 'Sort My Games' written different than how you would've looked for it? ;) Anyways, I think Lack is looking into this for a future update.

--Andy

good to know that this is planed in, I do spend a minute, but at least a little bit is better then the people that just ignore it. Yes, Sort My Games is diferent, sorting, instead of sort and differently, added on to it. SOmetimes the names are way off of what is wanted to be done, though that isn't an example.
Captain Fircoal

Postby hippiegeek on Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:23 am

This is a pretty easy change in PHP - simply make the column headings clickable to sort the MySQL - it would be good also to switch ASC/DESC order on alternating clicks of the same column heading.
Corporal 1st Class hippiegeek

sort by game type

Postby Atilla on Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:15 pm

sorting by game type would be great too
Cook Atilla

Postby wcaclimbing on Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:22 pm

so wacicha, your job is basically to sit around playing/hosting internet games, and then to answer the phone whenever it rings?? thats awesome!
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Suggestion: My Games Sort/Filter

Postby scev71 on Mon Mar 19, 2007 3:14 pm

Sorry if this is a repost, I did not see an exsiting one.

If would be great to either see my games sorted so in order of when I play. For instance games that are waiting for me to move at the top when I'm on deck second etc. Kind of a pain to look at each game. Or even better let me have a filter or view that JUST shows games waiting for me to play.

Just a idea.
Corporal 1st Class scev71

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:16 pm

If you read the To-Do list at the top of the page, and scroll down to 'Pending', under Community and Site, you'll notice:

Sort 'My Games' Page

And for fun, since it is similar...

Sort 'Join Games' Page

--Andy

Postby Chris Cross on Thu May 10, 2007 8:10 pm

In addition to the idea of sorting the "My Games" idea, which is a great one, I would like to add another option to this.

Currently in the 'My Games' page there is tabs for:
Active
Awaiting Players
Eliminated
Recently Finished

My suggestion is solely, and could be easily implemented, to add a new tab between Active and Awaiting Players, that is simply:
Ready To Play

In this tab it simply lists only those games that for you are Ready To Play or that you are currently playing, this will also mean taat as soon as you open your 'My Games' page you will immediately see the number of games that are waiting for you.

Being tha fact that there is plenty of rooms for tabs you could even seperate these into two additional tabs:
Ready To Play
Playing.

Just a though.
Thanks.
Chris

p.s. First class site by the way. :D
Corporal Chris Cross

Postby joeyjordison on Fri May 11, 2007 2:09 am

how about a further sort by amount of time left to take your turn and then amount of time before its your turn so u get priority turns at the top?

i've only got 6 so its not a problem really
Major joeyjordison

Postby RobinJ on Fri May 11, 2007 2:58 am

Does anyone realise how old this thread is? :?
nmhunate wrote:Speak English... It is the language that God wrote the bible in.

Highest Score: 2437
Highest Place: 84
Sergeant 1st Class RobinJ

Postby joeyjordison on Fri May 11, 2007 11:36 am

RobinJ wrote:Does anyone realise how old this thread is? :?

ur rite.

STOP RESURRECTING THREADS!

its really annoying and wastes time
Major joeyjordison

PreviousNext

Return to Archived Suggestions