Conquer Club

[NC4] Newcomers Cup 4 - Can be closed

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [NC4] Newcomers Cup 4 - Taking signups [15/??] - 2 days

Postby jetsetwilly on Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:57 am

eddie2 wrote:genoke no offense against yourself but that rule used to be 1 month active and 1 complete war. which was a down grade from 3 months active and 2 wars. that rule was changed to the above on the merger of empire aoc to allow them into ccup4 and therefore allowed yourselves and vvv. and no i am not always right but i will fight for fairness. but lets not get into it here. your in and ret is with no complaints from me or aka, So enjoy the 1 cup you were officially allowed in and i look forward to kicking your ass.

no survivours i see it as if the clans are new they can join because they are new clans and qualify for this event this time the next event they will not.

Eddie, as ever you have no idea at what point the rule change was discussed, the intention was always to let the other 2 clans play in the cup. The old rules were antiquated and needed to be replaced. It was just convenient for you to assume that it was yet another CD conspiracy aimed at helping specific clans. Admittedly it would have been wiser to publish that change much earlier to avoid the standard Eddieisms but we live and learn. Now let's stop littering this thread with unwanted rubbish.
Sergeant 1st Class jetsetwilly

Postby eddie2 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:19 am

jetsetwilly wrote:
eddie2 wrote:genoke no offense against yourself but that rule used to be 1 month active and 1 complete war. which was a down grade from 3 months active and 2 wars. that rule was changed to the above on the merger of empire aoc to allow them into ccup4 and therefore allowed yourselves and vvv. and no i am not always right but i will fight for fairness. but lets not get into it here. your in and ret is with no complaints from me or aka, So enjoy the 1 cup you were officially allowed in and i look forward to kicking your ass.

no survivours i see it as if the clans are new they can join because they are new clans and qualify for this event this time the next event they will not.

Eddie, as ever you have no idea at what point the rule change was discussed, the intention was always to let the other 2 clans play in the cup. The old rules were antiquated and needed to be replaced. It was just convenient for you to assume that it was yet another CD conspiracy aimed at helping specific clans. Admittedly it would have been wiser to publish that change much earlier to avoid the standard Eddieisms but we live and learn. Now let's stop littering this thread with unwanted rubbish.

jetset that is fair enough if that is the way it happened. all i had to look at was the fact
1)empire aoc joined together.
2)rule was changed and empire aoc were told they could join.
3)a atlantis player posted in thread saying so we can join now.

the comment from no 3 might of been because of old rule would not of allowed them but the way it was worded made it sound like they had been told they could not. but like you said lets move on and hope all that carry on wont happen again...

ps things like that are things you would of talked about in cdf
Major eddie2

Postby Genoke on Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:08 am

eddie2 wrote:genoke no offense against yourself but that rule used to be 1 month active and 1 complete war. which was a down grade from 3 months active and 2 wars. that rule was changed to the above on the merger of empire aoc to allow them into ccup4 and therefore allowed yourselves and vvv. So enjoy the 1 cup you were officially allowed in and i look forward to kicking your ass.

Before Atlantis i rarely looked at the forum, so i have no idea about history here (specially i don't want to read every old threads)
euh...we're allowed on 2 cups actually (TNC and CC4), same as you...maybe we could meet twice! ;)
eddie2 wrote:no survivours i see it as if the clans are new they can join because they are new clans and qualify for this event this time the next event they will not.

It depends on how our rank will be...if we can climb in the ranking above #18 then i agree, if we would have rank 33 (which i hope not), then we still could join, no?
eddie2 wrote:3)a atlantis player posted in thread saying so we can join now.

I've looked after it (in TNC and CC4 thread), but i can't find it...eddie could you help me out here, where to find it
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Re: [NC4] Newcomers Cup 4 - Taking signups [15/??] - 1 day l

Postby The_Samurai on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:10 am

Retribution will aligned itself with the final decision of the tourney organizers. However, my final input is that Retribution did qualify at the time of joining the cup, but now seems to suffer from having climbed the ladder too fast. Should we wish we had lost our last 2 games to still qualify for this cup ? :lol:
Best rank: Brigadier - ranked #45 | high score 3306 | 6 August 2015
Proud member of The Republic clan, and Co-leader of FBRD tribe
Major The_Samurai

Postby NoSurvivors on Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:54 am

The_Samurai wrote:Retribution will aligned itself with the final decision of the tourney organizers. However, my final input is that Retribution did qualify at the time of joining the cup, but now seems to suffer from having climbed the ladder too fast. Should we wish we had lost our last 2 games to still qualify for this cup ? :lol:

Well if you qualified for the cup when you signed up, I suppose it is only fair.

And jetset.. thank god :lol:

GL and have fun everyone!
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby eddie2 on Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:16 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:
The_Samurai wrote:Retribution will aligned itself with the final decision of the tourney organizers. However, my final input is that Retribution did qualify at the time of joining the cup, but now seems to suffer from having climbed the ladder too fast. Should we wish we had lost our last 2 games to still qualify for this cup ? :lol:

Well if you qualified for the cup when you signed up, I suppose it is only fair.

And jetset.. thank god :lol:

GL and have fun everyone!

ns
1. all clans younger then 1 year can join
2. all other clans ranked below #20 on F400 rankings can join too
that's it, but hey it's not my tourney!

they do still qualify for this cup just now.. they fall under rule 1 they are younger than 1 year so are eligible the f400 ranking only comes into it for clans formed more than a year ago.

me personally i am starting to get pissed off with one set of rules for 1 clan and another for the next clan. I hope this is something leehar will change and make sure if there are rules they are in force for all.

and jetset my final say on the matter you forced clans to join cdf to take part in events so they could have there say on any form of rle changes and other things but you guys changed the clans eligible without a vote in cdf or a discussion in there about doing it. (which i am sure would of passed a vote) So to say it was something that was being talked about for some time was a load of bollocks because look at the cl5 format and rules it had 3 months active and 2 complete wars to join.which was passed from clan department and that was only a couple of weeks before the whole issue of ccup4.

so please keep on talking your crap (something you are trying to say i am doing.) when i have public threads to back up what i am saying.. like i have said i am not fussed if your clan is in our not. It is more to do with the way it happened. not the overall result.
Major eddie2

Postby chemefreak on Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:32 pm

THIS IS A SIGN UP THREAD. THE NEXT PERSON THAT POSTS ANYTHING BUT A SIGN UP WILL BE PUNISHED AND IF THAT PERSON IS IN A CLAN, THEIR CLAN WILL BE PUNISHED TOO. THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANTICIPATED COOPERATION.
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
Š±Ń€Š°Ń‚ŃŒŃ Š² руŠŗŠ¾ŃŃ‚ŠŗŠ°Ń…
I ā™„ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Re: [NC4] Newcomers Cup 4 - 15 clans participating

Postby mcshanester29 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:59 am

Alright so after taking everything into consideration with Retribution here is what I have decided:

I believe that they should play in NC4 and here are the reasons:

1. As stated in the opening of the thread:
As always this Cup's purpose is to establish new and lower ranked clans,
give them a chance to win something and gather valuable experience
as a base for further growth and rise in ranks.

It is not as strict as other competitions as we have to cherish
any new blood coming into clan world and give them a chance
to understand and learn how to be an effective clan.

Bear that in mind.

Retribution is considered a new clan

2. They were not ranked in March 1st F400 and had managed to jump to #13 by April 1st. (For the sake of argument If I was to average their rankings for both months unranked = #44 and #13 their average would be #28, Also 3 clans have been dropped off the F400 in that time frame)

3. They were completely eligible for NC when they signed up as well as in March F400.

I will be looking at tweaking the rules for the future NC's so maybe we won't run into this kind of problem again. :)

I understand that not everyone will be happy with that decision so if you are not happy and wish to withdraw just let me know. If you wish to discuss this with me further keep it to pm's please!!!
Private mcshanester29

Postby mcshanester29 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:08 am

If all clans wish to go ahead this is the lineup we are looking at:

There were 15 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

Risk Attackers (RA)
Clan FISO (FISO)
Atlantis (ATL)
Ulti-M8's (UM8)
A Question of Honour (AQoH)
Magnificent bastards (MB)
++the legion++ (LEG)
The Fantastic Four-Skins (TFFS)
You'll Never Walk Alone (YNWA)
Always Kicking Ass (AKA)
Les Hussards du Dragon (LHDD)
Riders of the Storm (ROTS)
Retribution (RET)
Headless Horseman (HH)
Venimus, Vidimus, Vicimus (VVV)

Timestamp: 2013-04-28 06:18:45 UTC

I have added the bracket to the first post so you can see the lineup. As of right now with 15 clans participating, RA will get a bye for the first round. Remember wars will start around May 5th!! Good luck all!!

Edited: RA will not get a bye as TLW has signed up!!
Last edited by mcshanester29 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Private mcshanester29

Postby Theldin on Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:41 am

TLW will play. I am the contact.
Corporal 1st Class Theldin

Postby eddie2 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:12 am

some nice matchups there gl to all playing.
Major eddie2

Postby Razorvich on Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:07 am

I have a question please:

14 quads, 14 trips, 12 dubs + tie on Classic with escalating, chain and no fog settings

Is the tie Quads,Trips,Dubs or agreed between the clans involved in the battle?.....

thanks...

RAZ
High Score: 2569
TeeGee has my PW... Wall him if I get below 1 Hour in CLAN GAMES ONLY !!
Major Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Postby eddie2 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:08 am

Theldin wrote:TLW will play. I am the contact.

signups closed but i think it is fair you get to join..
from the signup thread rule

there was no time put on this was it the end of the 28th or the minute it turned the 28th. if you do join though i think you will be facing ra. it will also make it that we have a equal amount of teams so no byes for any clan.
Major eddie2

Postby Keefie on Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:23 am

Good decision regarding Retribution =D> =D> =D>
Click image to enlarge.
Major Keefie
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Genoke on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:29 am

Keefie wrote:Good decision regarding Retribution =D> =D> =D>

+1
I'm sure next year the rules will be changed so no other discussion like this can be made again. :D

Good luck to all the clans!
also for TLW
(yep eddie is right about the sign-up date) =D>
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby NoSurvivors on Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:20 am

Good luck all! Mostly to us though, we will need it ;) :lol:
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby mcshanester29 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:39 pm

Razorvich wrote:I have a question please:

14 quads, 14 trips, 12 dubs + tie on Classic with escalating, chain and no fog settings

Is the tie Quads,Trips,Dubs or agreed between the clans involved in the battle?.....

thanks...

RAZ

This can be agreed upon between the clans involved in battle!

Also TLW is in now so no team gets a bye and we have a nice even number of 16 teams :D
Private mcshanester29

Re: [NC4] Newcomers Cup 4 - 16 clans participating

Postby benga on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:45 am

Looks nice!

Have fun!
Sergeant benga

Previous

Return to Clan Archives