Conquer Club

Strongest Overall Player on CC?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Strongest Overall Player on CC?

Postby Mr Changsha on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:13 am

The strongest overall player should be the best player from the most legitimate style. Jack-of-all trades can't be the strongest overall, for how can a player be the strongest if they aren't the best at anything?

So by my own standards (at least), I can make a claim..for I am certainly one of the best standard flat/no card players. My trips rate is at 68% or so...and my games are all completely legitimate and against strong opposition.

Am I the strongest? No.

But the strongest player (and I have a few in my mind) would be one we could say "Yes, he is the best at (for example sequential standard escalating) and he is also excellent at sequential team games". That's the best player.

Freestyle players in my view aren't even in the running for this.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby Gabriel13 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:17 am

Mr Changsha wrote:The strongest overall player should be the best player from the most legitimate style. Jack-of-all trades can't be the strongest overall, for how can a player be the strongest if they aren't the best at anything?

So by my own standards (at least), I can make a claim..for I am certainly one of the best standard flat/no card players. My trips rate is at 68% or so...and my games are all completely legitimate and against strong opposition.

Am I the strongest? No.

But the strongest player (and I have a few in my mind) would be one we could say "Yes, he is the best at (for example sequential standard escalating) and he is also excellent at sequential team games". That's the best player.

It says OVERALL.. You must play freestyle to be the best overall player on the site. The OP is a freestyler, so I'm sure he's including freestyle into seeing who the best is.
Cook Gabriel13

Postby Mr Changsha on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:21 am

Gabriel13 wrote:
Mr Changsha wrote:The strongest overall player should be the best player from the most legitimate style. Jack-of-all trades can't be the strongest overall, for how can a player be the strongest if they aren't the best at anything?

Am I the strongest? No.

It says OVERALL.. You must play freestyle to be the best overall player on the site. The OP is a freestyler, so I'm sure he's including freestyle into seeing who the best is.

Like hell you have to play freestyle to be the best overall player on this site. Not everyone has the connection (including me) to play freestyle or for that matter the time. Everyone can play sequentially, it is a level-playing field, which is why the strongest player would be the best sequential player.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby iAmCaffeine on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:34 am

Mr Changsha wrote:
Gabriel13 wrote:

Am I the strongest? No.

Like hell you have to play freestyle to be the best overall player on this site. Not everyone has the connection (including me) to play freestyle or for that matter the time. Everyone can play sequentially, it is a level-playing field, which is why the strongest player would be the best sequential player.

Just to re-iterate what Gabriel13 said; it is overall player.

I had just written out several paragraphs ranting about freestyle versus sequential, but I won't bother with that. I just find it funny that sequential players consistently hate on freestyle players simply because they don't have a clue how to play it and jump on the bandwagon of needing a good connection and spare time.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:51 am

It does require good connection to excel at freestyle, contrary to my fellow freestylers' beliefs, however no one said you had to be the best FSer there is. It should however be a minor part of things. IMO there is no best "overall" player on this site because everyone shies away from something or other. I myself shy away from terminator games for instance. And trench for the most part. (Not that I am even close to being even mentioned in this thread, just an example :lol:). Freestyle should not be the reason why they are great, but I do think the "best player overall" should not shy away from freestyle. Even with the shitty connection in europe (respect to lancealot du lac and mishalex for being good FSers outside north america as well as anyone else out there) which has hindered my ability to play SIGNIFICANTLY, yes, significantly, so FSers, connection is HUGE, I can still compete to an extent with the regulars. I do not shy away from it simply because I am not great at it. (ahain, just an example).

I agree with Mr chang in that the best player should be the best at something, however it's not really what the thread is about in my opinion. The best player on CC would yes, be the best at a certain type of game and be excellent at others too, HOWEVER, let me bold underline etc the fact that it is overall.

This doesn't just include freestyle (I hate that this has turned into a FS vs SEQ thread by the war :roll: grow up people), but it includes a player's ability to play teams, all spoils, all fort types, fog, trench, manual, 1v1, latge player games, sequential and yes, freestyle too lol.

The strongest OVERALL player on this site I will guess has major or colonel, MAYBE brig, however he or she is not a general, because of the generals I see on the scoreboard (poo maker or whatever may have been better, IDK I am too new lol), there is not a one that plays consistently well on all settings.

^ That, is why I will say Great-Ollie is the most well rounded player on this site today. Not the best, not nearly. Many in this thread mentioned are better AT SPECIFIC THINGS however if there was a head to head between G-O and all the others in this thread (again with the exception of maybe poo maker, I would have to look deeper into his games) with every setting possible on one map (say classic for example), I would put my money on great-ollie to get the most wins of them.

-Glorious Leader
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:56 am

Poo-maker was from Ireland and he dominated in many settings. Freestyle included. He could play seq esc, flat rate, assassin, team games. He did it all. I dare someone to find me someone who did it better than poo-maker.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:58 am

Bruceswar wrote:Poo-maker was from Ireland and he dominated in many settings. Freestyle included. He could play seq esc, flat rate, assassin, team games. He did it all. I dare someone to find me someone who did it better than poo-maker.

This sounds like him to me, then :)

-GL
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby Mageplunka69 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:21 am

I am ♥
Sergeant 1st Class Mageplunka69

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:27 am

Mageplunka69 wrote:I am ♥

No mage, you have the strongest overall CONNECTION on this site :D
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby The Voice on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:15 am

If the point of this thread was to give the CCers with the biggest egos (you know who you are) another opportunity to brag, this thread was a success.

Arguing for or against a player as the strongest overall is a waste of time b/c people will throw more weight on certain settings to match their individual biases. How about a thread that asks everyone to contemplate the best player for specific settings (best freestyler, best with nukes, best at manual, etc.)?
Major The Voice

Postby Janomike on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:58 am

macbone wrote:Uckuki always plays under the radar, but I remember checking into a tournament standard game today to see that he had it all wrapped up. He goes about his work with the dedication of craftsman, and I consider my greatest victory a sudden death series versus him. He consistently outclasses me in any game I play with him.

I second the danryan nomination.

Deli is another strong player in both team and standard games.

I've been very impressed with Janomike, too.

mc05025 is scary good as well.

There are other players who are masters of team or standard play, but those five are who I think of when I think of well-rounded players.

OMG my name mentioned in this thread???

Thanx Mac i do feel honoured but there alot of better and more experienced players in CC for sure.
I feel quite confident with playing terminator esc games
and team games with almost any setting beside manual, freestyle and nukes.

But i almost never play freestyle, nuclear and speed and i still have lots of maps to learn.

I guess it really comes down to what you consider the strongest overall player.
As im not playing with all settings and didnt have the chance to play with some of the above mentioned players
i guess im not qualified to nominate/vote someone.

But John Deere would definatly be a candidate on my list so far!!!
Click image to enlarge.
Brigadier Janomike

Postby jsnyder748 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:51 am

contrary to popular belief you do not need good connection to play freestyle. Only speed freestyle.

My internet connection is very bad and compared to my home computer this college dorm is very, very slow. I am still able to do what I did before. It is just very frustrating and I miss my old speed, but as an added advantage it makes me slow down and take my time in team games.

There are instances where I need speed again, but if you have enough experience in freestyle then being very fast is one of the smallest disadvantages.

With that said I wished more elite team players tried out freestyle so we could get more credit.

(Also I am not Only a freestyle player. Please remember this)
Colonel jsnyder748

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:58 pm

The Voice wrote:Arguing for or against a player as the strongest overall is a waste of time b/c people will throw more weight on certain settings to match their individual biases. How about a thread that asks everyone to contemplate the best player for specific settings (best freestyler, best with nukes, best at manual, etc.)?

You have a point and yes, probably the more efficient way of going about this would be to make separate threads :lol:.

However, it is well rounded players, and they are few and far between. I don't think many of the names here should be here, I wont say who, but honestly, if people think that excluding certain settings makes a player still well rounded, well-- not really! And if others think its ALL ABOUT certain settings, then yeah, they're totally wrong too. This is about a player's ability to play all settings. Not just team games, not just freestyle, not just manual nukers with trench, ALL SETTINGS.

I dislike the players who are bitching and complaining about the "elite players" not being good at freestyle. I also dislike the players who are bitching and complaining that freestyle shouldn't count. (I say freestyle because that seems to be the big question mark here).

Let me break it down for you.

There are 21 different settings (not counting sunny, non trench, number of players or the round limits). ONE of those is freestyle. TO ALL YOU FREESTYLE PLAYERS COMPLAINING ABOUT PEOPLE NOT BEING GOOD AT FREESTYLE, FREESTYLE IS NOT THE BE ALL AND END ALL OF ALL DISCUSSION! It is simply one of the 21 settings. This means it is 4.761905% important. It is not 50, not 10, not even 5%. 4.761905%.

TO ALL YOU PLAYERS SAYING FREESTYLE SHOULDN'T COUNT, YOU ARE EQUALLY AS WRONG. IT IS STILL A SETTING AND PLAYERS SHOULD STILL PLAY IT IF THEY ARE TO BE CONSIDERED WELL ROUNDED! Honestly, if this thread were about "the best player on CC", I would say josko.ri hands DOWN is the best player on this site. However, his name should not be mentioned in this thread, because although he is a stellar team player among other things, he has played 37 freestyle games, 26 terminator games (all of which are from tournaments), and 53 trench games TOTAL. This is out of 2628 games. Although he is a very good player, IMO the best on the site, he is NOT the most well rounded.

I would consider well rounded to be a player who does not shy away from games on any settings. Maybe 250 GAMES (not necessarily wins, but games) on each setting shows a well rounded player. Of course, they must do this be attaining a highish rank (major + IMO, if not higher).

I know, I know, pretty opinionated, but I honestly think you guys should all read this post thoroughly, because it will hopefully stop all the bitching.

-Glorious Leader
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby jdw35 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:10 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:
I know, I know, pretty opinionated, but I honestly think you guys should all read this post thoroughly, because it will hopefully stop all the bitching.

-Glorious Leader

Nothing will stop all the bitching:P
Major jdw35

Postby freakns on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:23 pm

silversun6 wrote:first of all i did think of you and about hudds actually , but decided not to :)

so gay,,,,

silversun6 wrote:by the way , you and me are 5-5 , so i challenge you to an 1vs1 antarctica game (or team or whatever other map) ,because you are 2-0 ahead of me , and i consider it to be my favorite map :oops: :oops:

we can play ofc, but it would mean nothing... i need to have fun playing games, and playing just to be better then someone is not fun for me :( you are hands down better player, OSA beat Otpisani(partly because i was torn with RL after round one and sucked big time... not that i didnt suck in round one, i just sucked more after it), and thats all i care about... as for Antartica, i dont even play that game, cause other team in my clan has master it :lol:

NoSurvivors wrote:
freakns wrote:sequential and freestyle have nothing in common, except maybe playing at same maps... its like you are saying that Rodgers and Tebow are both good QBs, but Tebow is better because he can also be good tight end. well, good for him, but ill take Rodgers any day of week and twice on sunday

Teebow is a shit QB. So you are wrong there, lol. However you make a point. However, what does it matter? WELL ROUNDED DOES NOT MEAN THE BEST.

Geez, before commenting in a thread, read what it's about.

but you are mixing apple and oranges. you simply should not compare seq and freestyle on any scale.
and Tebow is shitty QB compared to Brady or Manning(or pretty much any QB in NFL but Sanchez) but he is world class QB if you compared him with me or you... and this is where im getting at. by your definition Tebow is strongest overall player in NFL because he can play at least 4-5 different positions(QB, TE, FB, RB... probably good in coverage on special teams), but his contribution to any team is significantly lower then Bradys... so someone being able to beat low level players at both freestyle and sew means shit if seq experts or freestyle experts would beat him at their specialties.
and josko is not best player on CC, he is just most prolific one. look at his games against TOFU. he topped 20 games with about 15 of those being home maps. i think merch was actually the player who took most wins on TOFU home maps, so to me he is KORT MVP(just as it was BW who was TOFU MVP because he took battles with josko on josko favorite maps and settings and brought home points). this doesnt mean josko isnt good, he just isnt best(as i said, there is no best)
Brigadier freakns

Postby codeblue1018 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:02 pm

Bruceswar wrote:
chemefreak wrote:
L M S wrote:Back in the day, when Danryan still had hair....for my money he was the best overall player on CC.

macbone wrote:I second the danryan nomination.

+3

I would throw chariot of fire and bruceswar in the mix when it comes to overall ability.

Thanks Cheme, but the best to ever play this game hands down... poo-maker Nobody else is close and I mean no disrespect to anybody else. He was just that good.

No question.
Lieutenant codeblue1018

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:18 pm

freakns wrote:someone being able to beat low level players at both freestyle and sew means shit if seq experts or freestyle experts would beat him at their specialties.

NoSurvivors wrote:I would consider well rounded to be a player who does not shy away from games on any settings. Maybe 250 GAMES (not necessarily wins, but games) on each setting shows a well rounded player. Of course, they must do this be attaining a highish rank (major + IMO, if not higher).

True, you have a few very good points, however teebow is the best overall player if you put it that way.. put teebow up against brade as a running back, and that pussy brady wont do shit all. Or in any othe rposition for that matter, however from the QB position brady is the closest thing to a god, lol. But that is you circling back to mixing up total and one setting. Brady is good at one setting and sucks at the others. Teebow is average at all settings. I would say brady is definately the better player, however not the more well rounded, so again, you kinda missed the point a bit. However I do understand what you are trying to say. Being average at everything still makes you average. However it makes you well rounded. Now for instance if someone held the rank of colonel while doing well consistently on all settings, wouldn't that make a whole lot more sense for being a well rounded person than a guy with general from playing team games solely? Yes.

To be honest, I think you and I see eye to eye on almost everything. For instance:

freakns wrote:(as i said, there is no best)

NoSurvivors wrote:However, it is well rounded players, and they are few and far between

I am playing both sides here, because I agree with bits and pieces on both sides of this (stupid, really..) freestyle debate that has arisen. However you only use some of my post to make me look like an idiot, so thanks for that, lol.

I am not one of those people preaching freestyle. As I said, it is one in 21 different settings. not even 5% of the settings. Therefore, it isnt very important to determining the most well rounded player, but it is a factor indeed. So don't say it isn't. That is like one of the freestylers saying "team players shouldn't count because its just one setting and it involves people leeching off teammates." It just doesnt work like that lol.

God when will this bullshit end? Lol.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:32 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:I am playing both sides here, because I agree with bits and pieces on both sides of this (stupid, really..) freestyle debate that has arisen. However you only use some of my post to make me look like an idiot, so thanks for that, lol.

I am not one of those people preaching freestyle. As I said, it is one in 21 different settings. not even 5% of the settings. Therefore, it isnt very important to determining the most well rounded player, but it is a factor indeed. So don't say it isn't. That is like one of the freestylers saying "team players shouldn't count because its just one setting and it involves people leeching off teammates." It just doesnt work like that lol.

You've made good points.

Some days, it's enough to know you did the right thing even if nobody agreed...:)
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:36 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:I am playing both sides here, because I agree with bits and pieces on both sides of this (stupid, really..) freestyle debate that has arisen. However you only use some of my post to make me look like an idiot, so thanks for that, lol.

You've made good points.

Some days, it's enough to know you did the right thing even if nobody agreed...:)

I try, lol. If I am dedicated to a topic I can write all day. Unfortunately I have been recycling the same stuff for about 3 posts and people still dont get it :lol:. Oh well. Thanks for reading, at least someone understands me. I have done my job. ;)
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby jsnyder748 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:58 pm

Glorius Leader is not a very good dictator...listening and explaining things are not his style
Colonel jsnyder748

Postby niMic on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:57 pm

I don't know about overall (freestyle and all), but the best player I've ever played with is probably josko. And I've teamed with some amazing players (or else I would probably never make it past Major).
Highest score: 3692
Highest rank: 17
General niMic

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:01 pm

niMic wrote:I don't know about overall (freestyle and all), but the best player I've ever played with is probably josko. And I've teamed with some amazing players (or else I would probably never make it past Major).

I played exactly one (ONE!) game with josko as a partner in a random dubs matchup. In that one game I probably learned more than in any other single game I've played on CC.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Mageplunka69 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:35 pm

i would say fruitcake and sjnap...they could see way into the game and taught me alot...herpes too...and blitz...oh my god, i said his name ♥
Sergeant 1st Class Mageplunka69

Postby Armandolas on Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:19 am

yeah, i think this tread is more about, "who really impressed you for great overall gameplay"...not about who is best, because you cant define best that easy
Colonel Armandolas

Postby shoop76 on Wed May 01, 2013 11:28 am

silversun6 wrote:
silversun6 wrote:with out a doubt - mc05025

ill expand my first comment,
on single and double games at tourneys, i only felt the underdog against HA, swifte and shoop ,
team mate - those are my top 3 picks - benga (when he isnt drunk ! ) uckuki and dkmaster , and from those i play against those must be Josko and Cof
and last with settings i like most (8 player esc foggy) i fear those : mc05025 , dkmaster and knigm

the main reason i picked mc is because he was the only player from top 5/10 who joined my private 3000/3500 + regularly when he had 4000/4500 points , which is admirable.

oh - and im clueless on freestyle , so i wont pick there..

That explains the 1 I received from you for my gameplay rating and the clueless label to go along with that.
Major shoop76
Tournament Commissioner
Tournament Commissioner

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion