Conquer Club

Annoying tooltip issue (BOB/Clickies)

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Annoying tooltip issue (BOB/Clickies)

Postby elbitjusticiero on Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:50 am

Hi guys, seems like the latest update of Chrome *or* BOB introduced a glitch where it's very hard to attack or move troops to another region. Before the update, the tooltip with instructions (click left, click right) appeared several pixels above the troop number; now it appears directly over it, and it doesn't take the clicks most of the time. This is very annoying and I consider it a bug, but I don't know if it's the browser's or the script's fault.

Yes, I updated BOB recently, to version 5.2.4. No, it didn't happen immediately, so I suspect the browser instead. But I can't be sure.
Sergeant elbitjusticiero

Re: Annoying tooltip issue (BOB/Clickies)

Postby rjhankey on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:45 pm

Yep -- it's an issue that popped up this weekend with the release of advertisements at the top for freemiums, and moving the Round number to the right hand side of the screen, shuffling the BOB buttons to the bottom of the map, and causing problems with the popup hints for clickable maps.

Bug report

Link to update announcement, and BOB disclaimer

I do use BOB and clickable maps -- so far the only workaround I'm finding is to revert to using the pull-down boxes to do my attacks on those maps where I'm having trouble with the popups getting in the way.
Highest rank/rating -- Major / 2243 points -- May 21, 2015

http://i.imgur.com/XHQnpn5.gif[/img]
Captain rjhankey

Postby kizkiz on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:35 pm

Damn, same for me. bloody annoying
Major kizkiz

Postby elbitjusticiero on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:28 pm

rjhankey wrote:Yep -- it's an issue that popped up this weekend with the release of advertisements at the top for freemiums,

I have a premium account, not freemium, but it happens to me anyway. Oh well, let's wait for the fix, eh? This completely breaks speed games for me.
Sergeant elbitjusticiero

Postby rjhankey on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:14 am

Yeah, I'm gathering it's not because we premiums are seeing the ads ... but it's instead due to them moving the BOB buttons to the bottom of the map. So, in tournament games, where they haven't moved the buttons, it's not an issue.

Captain rjhankey

Postby Armandolas on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:14 am

Might be browser version?...im using chrome in my pc and it is just fine.
When i go work this issue happens also using chrome

Yeah, also noticed that...why did the buttons moved?
Colonel Armandolas

Postby rjhankey on Thu May 02, 2013 3:45 am

I think I may have stumbled on to a "workaround" ... changing the BOB setting to move the chat to the top seems to have repositioned the popups so they don't interfere with the clickable maps functionality. It's taking a little getting used to, but I think I could get accustomed to having the chat as the first thing I see on the game/map page. Seems to be working in my regular games and in the tournament games.

Captain rjhankey

Postby elbitjusticiero on Thu May 02, 2013 11:19 am

rjhankey wrote:I think I may have stumbled on to a "workaround" ... changing the BOB setting to move the chat to the top seems to have repositioned the popups so they don't interfere with the clickable maps functionality.

Seems to work! Thanks!
Sergeant elbitjusticiero

Postby NapoleonII on Thu May 02, 2013 5:04 pm

Has BOB been taken down? All references to BOB have vanished from my sidebar and I can no longer highlight positions on the maps or take snapshots.
Corporal 1st Class NapoleonII

Postby rjhankey on Thu May 02, 2013 6:48 pm

NapoleonII wrote:Has BOB been taken down? All references to BOB have vanished from my sidebar and I can no longer highlight positions on the maps or take snapshots.

Still installed and working for me ... taking a bunch of snapshots in my games just a few minutes ago ... Try shutting down your browser, maybe clearing the cache?

Captain rjhankey

Postby ender516 on Sun May 05, 2013 9:16 pm

All right, folks, I have a version of BOB which seems to fix the snapshot button positioning issue. I am hoping that it helps with the tooltips as well. I don't have access to the userscripts.org account, so I cannot update the "GET BOB" link in the first post. However, you can try this version of the script and let me know how things work. If it goes well, we can see about fixing that link. So, here it is:

https://github.com/ender516/addons-for- ... ob.user.js
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Return to Tool Archives