Conquer Club

close not even the curtesy to respond

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: (to be comfirmed) cup

Postby eddie2 on Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:58 am

cannot be held in tourneys
Major eddie2

Postby josko.ri on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:13 am

eddie2 wrote:these are things i am going to add patrickaa i think i will sort out the full format tonight tommorow i just posted this thread to get a rough idea if clans would like the format.. just now i have contacted 1 or 2 departments to see where i stand....

So you will sort out the full format tonight-tomorrow, and there have already passed more than 2 weeks without any word?
You will run the tournament, you will add your own premium, you will bla bla bla. So what you have done of all that that you said you will do?
You are very active when you are asking other tournament organizers what they are doing and when you are criticizing them and their work, so where is your activity now when you need to do something?
How you expect that someone will take you seriously when you cannot stay even behind your own words that you will run the tournament?
Major josko.ri

Postby BGtheBrain on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:18 am

josko.ri wrote:
eddie2 wrote:these are things i am going to add patrickaa i think i will sort out the full format tonight tommorow i just posted this thread to get a rough idea if clans would like the format.. just now i have contacted 1 or 2 departments to see where i stand....

So you will sort out the full format tonight-tomorrow, and there have already passed more than 2 weeks without any word?
You will run the tournament, you will add your own premium, you will bla bla bla. So what you have done of all that that you said you will do?
You are very active when you are asking other tournament organizers what they are doing and when you are criticizing them and their work, so where is your activity now when you need to do something?
How you expect that someone will take you seriously when you cannot stay even behind your own words that you will run the tournament?

Why bump this post other than to attempt to bait eddie?
Give it a rest
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby josko.ri on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:24 am

BGtheBrain wrote:
josko.ri wrote:

Why bump this post other than to attempt to bait eddie?
Give it a rest

Because every clan need to have its own management. In KORT case, we need to discuss whether we will join this event, and/or LX's event, or nothing. If this event will not happen then I think it is fair to say that, and not anymore waste other clans' time ion discussing joining it or not. But if eddie says he will run the event, and then just disappear, is it fair to clans who planned their activity and maybe left some space for this event (maybe skipped CC4 because of that), and the space will now be empty?

I just want that people stay behing their own said words, is it too much what I ask?
Major josko.ri

Postby BGtheBrain on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:50 am

The tone of your post was clear.

You were antagonistic. You can pretend you werent, but its easy for anyone to see.

We all know Eddie gets fired up easy.

So please, if you seriously want to know if this event will happen, just ask him.

Eddie, is this thing going to happen or whats up?
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby josko.ri on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:59 am

BGtheBrain wrote:The tone of your post was clear.

You were antagonistic. You can pretend you werent, but its easy for anyone to see.

We all know Eddie gets fired up easy.

So please, if you seriously want to know if this event will happen, just ask him.

Eddie, is this thing going to happen or whats up?

eddie is the first who point fingers in others when they (in his opinion) do not do their job well. I do not remember that you were giving him lectures about doing that, and he was antagonistic almost every time he posted. So where is problem if finger is now pointed to eddie, when he (in my opinion) is not doing his job like he said he will and cannot stand behind his own said words? I, as a potential participator in this event, have legal right to ask what is going on, and why he did not do his duties like he said he will do.

P.S. My sentences end with ? while his sentences in other topics ended with ????????????????? so there is up to you to judge which kind of those posts have higher level of antagonism.
Last edited by josko.ri on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major josko.ri

Postby BGtheBrain on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:05 am

The problem is, this stuff has to stop at some point. These forums have been nothing but drama and garbage over the last month.

And regarding Eddie, Ive talked to him countless times telling him I think he needs to relax. Just because its not here, doesnt mean it didnt happen.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby josko.ri on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:09 am

I only want his answer what is going on with this project. Starting tournament and then disappearing is nothing else but making a huge joke of all clan world who wasted their time in potentially considering to join this event.
Major josko.ri

Postby BGtheBrain on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:12 am

Sounds easy enough, Ive pm'd him in chat, but not received a response.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:13 am

Hi josko, why not shut your trap and listen to the mod? He's the only one talking sense here. If you only cared about getting a response you could've asked him privately, rather than trying to a make show to stroke your e-peen. Kthxbai.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby BGtheBrain on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:15 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:Hi josko, why not shut your trap and listen to the mod? He's the only one talking sense here. If you only cared about getting a response you could've asked him privately, rather than trying to a make show to stroke your e-peen. Kthxbai.

please get out of here, Ive reported you for flaming and baiting
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby eddie2 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:21 am

its ok bg,

josko i have not done anything to this cup frankly because bruceswar would not allow the use of beta maps he would not allow other departments to contribute medals to this event and if they did he would not allow it to be run in the clan section.

tourney section could not allow me to run it under there section because it was not open to all members of cc.

so really this event although it would be good can only be run in callouts and no clan would gets privs for game, medals for complete wars and other things. leehar took over from bruce last week so i am waiting 2 or 3 weeks for him to fit in then i will approach him about this event. just now i am not going to sit down and sort out a proper format until i pm leehar and find out if he is willing to let me run this in clan section.. Also there are is only 1 clan that have said they would be interested in taking part in this style event 2 now because i guess kort are interested, i need interest from at least 30 clans to carry this forward and make the medals and privs worth while.

i hope this answers your question and hope i will get back to you in a couple of weeks once i have talked it over with leehar.

edit.
entertainment team could not let me run it in there pages because they want everyone to be able to take part in events they run.
Last edited by eddie2 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major eddie2

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:23 am

BGtheBrain wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Hi josko, why not shut your trap and listen to the mod? He's the only one talking sense here. If you only cared about getting a response you could've asked him privately, rather than trying to a make show to stroke your e-peen. Kthxbai.

please get out of here, Ive reported you for flaming and baiting

How is that flaming? It was rude sure, but I didn't flame. Presumably josko will get a warning for baiting as well then?
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby josko.ri on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:35 am

eddie2 wrote:its ok bg,

josko i have not done anything to this cup frankly because bruceswar would not allow the use of beta maps he would not allow other departments to contribute medals to this event and if they did he would not allow it to be run in the clan section.

tourney section could not allow me to run it under there section because it was not open to all members of cc.

so really this event although it would be good can only be run in callouts and no clan would gets privs for game, medals for complete wars and other things. leehar took over from bruce last week so i am waiting 2 or 3 weeks for him to fit in then i will approach him about this event. just now i am not going to sit down and sort out a proper format until i pm leehar and find out if he is willing to let me run this in clan section.. Also there are is only 1 clan that have said they would be interested in taking part in this style event 2 now because i guess kort are interested, i need interest from at least 30 clans to carry this forward and make the medals and privs worth while.

i hope this answers your question and hope i will get back to you in a couple of weeks once i have talked it over with leehar.

Ok this is proper answer to everyone who wanted to know what is going on with this. All what you say that Bruceswar did not allow have never been allowed in clan tournaments and I support his decision to not allow you that. Never it had beta maps, never it awarded other section medals other than Clan Medals, so I agree with him that it should not be awarded to this event only.
I did not say KORT will join, I said we may consider joining if we will have good reason to join (good reason = good format, good opposition to face off).

@iAmCaffeine: This thread is called (to be confirmed) cup. I came there and spoke about (to be confirmed) cup. You came here and spoke about my e-peen. So there is huge difference between what I did and what you did.
Major josko.ri

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:45 am

josko.ri wrote:@iAmCaffeine: This thread is called (to be confirmed) cup. I came there and spoke about (to be confirmed) cup. You came here and spoke about my e-peen. So there is huge difference between what I did and what you did.

Actually, there isn't a huge difference at all, I'm just being more blatant about it. Don't you like talking about your e-peen? Anyhow, I'm going to do as I'm told and toddle along.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby eddie2 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:51 am

josko i understand that they have never been involved in clan tourneys.

but in the discussion i had i was told beta maps were not allowed in clan wars with privs medals being issued this i proved wrong because aka/time have won 3 wars and been given medals for wars where we allowed beta maps.

as for other departments.

if cartography department want to issue medals and other things for clans that choose to use beta maps and leave somefeedback on the game play of the maps they use then why can they not ?

if admin want to award me some extra premium for the amount i will buy then why not ??

if live chat want to give me some medals to issue for players using live chat a bit more for discussions then why not?

do you see what i am getting at they will not be awarding medals for the basic format of the tourney they will be awarding for usage of there department during the event so really i do not understand why it cannot happen. and these are the things i will talk about with leehar once he has settled into his new role. i will also contact the other departments to see if they are still interested in giving me a couple of extra medals to reward out. and then i will get back to you if this event is a go ahead. because if i cannot give the extra medals there is really no point in running this because it won't bring anything different from what we already have.
Major eddie2

Postby eddie2 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:52 am

ps.
i was not saying kort had joined i was saying you had shown interest in playing in this type of event.
Major eddie2

Postby josko.ri on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:00 am

eddie2 wrote:if cartography department want to issue medals and other things for clans that choose to use beta maps and leave somefeedback on the game play of the maps they use then why can they not ?

if admin want to award me some extra premium for the amount i will buy then why not ??

if live chat want to give me some medals to issue for players using live chat a bit more for discussions then why not?

Because clan Department issue medals which are only clan medals. For example, when I received medal for being MVP of Clan League 4, then I received clan medal for that with equal value like some clan medal for winning a single war. I did not receive General Achievement Medal, and being MVP in my opinion fits more to General Achievement medal than to Clan Medal. Obviously, they can only issue Clan Medals and cannot mix it with GA Medals or Tournament medals or some third type of medals.
Major josko.ri

Postby Dako on Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:34 pm

I think I need to start a list of josko trolling victims. He can't sit tight without a target to attack.
Colonel Dako

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:28 pm

Dako wrote:I think I need to start a list of josko trolling victims. He can't sit tight without a target to attack.

=D>
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby eddie2 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:44 pm

josko.ri wrote:
eddie2 wrote:if cartography department want to issue medals and other things for clans that choose to use beta maps and leave somefeedback on the game play of the maps they use then why can they not ?

Because clan Department issue medals which are only clan medals. For example, when I received medal for being MVP of Clan League 4, then I received clan medal for that with equal value like some clan medal for winning a single war. I did not receive General Achievement Medal, and being MVP in my opinion fits more to General Achievement medal than to Clan Medal. Obviously, they can only issue Clan Medals and cannot mix it with GA Medals or Tournament medals or some third type of medals.

correct josko

so the cartography department awarding achievement or contribution medals for players who contribute to the melting pot conversation about maps in beta but have limited medals they can give out so it will only go to certain people meeting requirements. Should be ok because they will be getting the medals for something done on there part of the site.

if conversations were being made in live chat where players would also more than likely join in on regular chat and help it would qualify them for a chance of this medal.
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=183932

which would not be fair on the players who use live chat all the time so i asked live chat for some extra medals to give out to clan players who use it a lot. hence the reason for discussion and voting to happen on who is mvp. because really it would go to the clan and player who uses live chat the most to get others onside for there nomination. this part was not finalized with live chatters but we were in discussion about it.

ok from the hosting a tourney thread.
Number of clans
-Format (round robin, bracketed tournament, league, etc.)
-Number of games per player (tournament wide, per matchup, etc.)
-Settings not permitted (freestyle, speed, etc.)
-Map restrictions
-Scoring system
-Basic rules and policies
-Whether clans can agree to change the rules and policies within their particular matchup
-Specific guidelines on what happens if rules or policies are violated (forfeits are discouraged)

it does not say beta is not allowed only freestyle, speed etc. this is on the guideline for what to post and at no point in the thread does it say beta maps are not allowed.

but it also says this.
and the ability to have more flexible rules (like all 1v1 games). So they cannot be flexible and allow beta maps which are allowed in normal wars, but will bend the rules for privilages and medals allowing all 1 v 1 games ?
Major eddie2

Postby eddie2 on Fri May 31, 2013 5:55 pm

eddie2 wrote:so my clan tourney what do you think how can i alter it for it to be run in the clan world..

what rules do you want added.

would you allow other departments to give medals for doing things in there section during wars ?

so no response sent the 28th
Major eddie2

Postby eddie2 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:39 am

8 days no response so this event is now a no go.
Major eddie2

Postby Genoke on Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:52 pm

eddie2 wrote:8 days no response so this event is now a no go.

always look at the bride side:
you safe yourself some time you can keep spending here in the forums. ;)
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby jetsetwilly on Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:01 pm

Genoke wrote:
eddie2 wrote:8 days no response so this event is now a no go.

always look at the bride side:
you safe yourself some time you can keep spending here in the forums. ;)

lol, maybe we should all have entered just to keep him busy and quiet !
Sergeant 1st Class jetsetwilly

PreviousNext

Return to Clan Archives