Conquer Club

Make CC more popular!

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Make CC more popular!

Postby waauw on Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:03 pm

Change CC marketing policy

Concise description:
This is a list of ideas on how to enhance popularity of CC on the internet by making some changes to it's marketing. Most of these ideas can easily be implemented, especialy when using crowd sourcing as is done with so many developments here.

Specifics/Details:
  • advertising: allow businesses to show advertising on the website(like a banner), which renders revenue which can then be used for web advertising
  • Search engine optimization: re-write the front page text so certain key-words like "risk", "strategy game" or "play online" are mentioned more often. You can also mention some key-words in titles or mention them in the url. That should also prop up the Google Ranking of the website concerning those specific words.
  • mulilingual: make sure the homepage and website instructions, rules, etc. can also be found in different languages. This should enhance the probability of non native english speakers to find the website. According to alexa.com, most of the website traffic is from an english-speaking country(http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/conquerclub.com#)
  • other websites: there are websites with lists of online games. make sure CC gets mentioned on the list. With some of 'm you can even get on top of the list by voting system. The more the CC url is mentioned on other websites the higher CC's Google ranking
  • Design: re-design the homepage to make it more attractive
  • youtube: create a good youtube video for the website(using the right words in the title and description so it can be found in search engine too)
  • etc.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
According to a topic in the general discussions thread, the popularity of CC is diminishing and something should be done to reverse this trend.

http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=152877
Lieutenant waauw

Re: Make CC more popular!

Postby El_Jefe on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:27 pm

I couldn't agree more. These are all great suggestions and we are already working on some of them. Hopefully we start to see some results in terms of increased Google search rank and increasing number of users. I think we could also do more to promote Conquer Club on Facebook. Eventually it would be great to have the game playable inside of Facebook but for now some additional promotions would do. Maybe something like this:

At the end of games on the classic map offer the winner a brief 'game summary' that they can share on Facebook (a bragging tool). It would have a picture of the classic map and then a quick game summary like:
Congratulations! Global domination is yours.
In round 3 you took Australia.
In round 6 you eliminated El_Jefe.
In round 10 you vanquished your enemies and took over the world.
<SHARE> this summary for a chance to win an entry to the next Conquer Cup (or other great prize).

I suggest the classic map only since it is most likely to be associated with the board game.

Any ideas to improve on this or other suggestions for attracting a bunch of obsessed new users?
Sergeant 1st Class El_Jefe

Postby jsnyder748 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:42 pm

El_Jefe wrote:I couldn't agree more. These are all great suggestions and we are already working on some of them. Hopefully we start to see some results in terms of increased Google search rank and increasing number of users. I think we could also do more to promote Conquer Club on Facebook. Eventually it would be great to have the game playable inside of Facebook but for now some additional promotions would do. Maybe something like this:

At the end of games on the classic map offer the winner a brief 'game summary' that they can share on Facebook (a bragging tool). It would have a picture of the classic map and then a quick game summary like:
Congratulations! Global domination is yours.
In round 3 you took Australia.
In round 6 you eliminated El_Jefe.
In round 10 you vanquished your enemies and took over the world.
<SHARE> this summary for a chance to win an entry to the next Conquer Cup (or other great prize).

I suggest the classic map only since it is most likely to be associated with the board game.

Any ideas to improve on this or other suggestions for attracting a bunch of obsessed new users?

=D>

I hate to say this, but advertising to younger people would increase the amount of users greatly. I would suggest giving more speed games to freemium users. The younger people who join as new recruits would get addicted to the fast paced games, adrenalin rush, and luck games (doodle Assassins). The older strategists would prefer standard games like usual, but younger kids want instant action.

They would want premium when their monthly limit runs out. Most of the people who start this game young eventually want to become competitive and make friends online. It worked for me and lots of others. There would also be increased website traffic and a higher search rank on browsers.

just one idea...
Colonel jsnyder748

Postby Mr Changsha on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:47 pm

I was most intruiged by efforts to expand into different markets. The chinese love games of strategy, no doubt the game has been introduced to some chinese through interactions with ex-pats here, yet for some reason there has been barely a chinese player on CC.

I would like to see CC advertising on chinese versions of facebook etc, promoting itself in a away that would be attractive to chinese people (I could help you with that) and generally trying to make an effort to be a place chinese would want to come to.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby perchorin on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:40 pm

I'm all for bringing in fresh blood, but how about getting some of the hundred or so pending suggestions done first so we can keep the players we already have around a while longer?
Silvanus wrote:perch is a North Korean agent to infiltrate south Korean girls
Major perchorin

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:04 pm

I found this site by googling "Online Risk" so at one point we were high enough for me to find the site.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Qwert on Wed May 01, 2013 8:56 am

i must say that are unbelivabile how el_jefe have time to post in these topic who are old 2 days, and like perchorin say, you have hundred and hundred sugestion here, but implementation % are disaster.

Now im premium and i can see advertising, and these comercial say next"

"Travian-Great Strategy"
"Facebook-Great Online Risk, come and play"
"World of Tanks-Great Online War game-Play for free"
etc-etc
Are nobody see what are wrong with these? Some new can come here- look advertising for WOt, and can say "WOW these its great Free, online War game, why im waste time with CC"
Advertising other RISK SITE GAMES are counterproductive,and these will not bring more new players
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby greenoaks on Wed May 01, 2013 9:19 am

qwert wrote:i must say that are unbelivabile how el_jefe have time to post in these topic who are old 2 days, and like perchorin say, you have hundred and hundred sugestion here, but implementation % are disaster.

Now im premium and i can see advertising, and these comercial say next"

"Travian-Great Strategy"
"Facebook-Great Online Risk, come and play"
"World of Tanks-Great Online War game-Play for free"
etc-etc
Are nobody see what are wrong with these? Some new can come here- look advertising for WOt, and can say "WOW these its great Free, online War game, why im waste time with CC"
Advertising other RISK SITE GAMES are counterproductive,and these will not bring more new players

but if we have advertising on those sites and Travian has 68,000 players who may choose to come here, not sure of the others. we might be getting the better deal with our 15,000 members.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby MoB Deadly on Wed May 01, 2013 9:56 am

DoomYoshi wrote:I found this site by googling "Online Risk" so at one point we were high enough for me to find the site.

I did the same thing when I joined. I signed up free to multiple sites. This site won fair and square, thanks to the tournament scene and Feudal War

I stayed free for months, and then they offered free speeders during St Patricks day, and I was hooked. So speeders were a huge factor for me
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Return to Suggestions