Conquer Club

ObamaCare - exchanges ,report your states options!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: ObamaCare: Now we can see what's in it

Postby Night Strike on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:34 am

PLAYER57832 wrote:Becuase those "plans" were abusive, not real insurance. They were mildly better than no insurance, but not real coverage.

No, those were called choices. Who are you to demand that people have the kind of insurance plans that YOU deem appropriate? Some people would rather have insurance for its true purpose: catastrophic care, than have to pay massive premiums for a policy that covers everything down to a splinter. What gives you the right to dictate what policy people choose? You get pissed off that people want to protect the unborn child in a womb, yet you're perfectly okay with dictating the policies covering every other body part on other people. Could you actually be consistent in anything besides "government must get bigger and more powerful"?

PLAYER57832 wrote:Ah here we go... the old rant against any government regulation...

Try sticking to the topic.

Considering there have already been thousands of regulations written (and never passed by Congress) under this law alone, with thousands more coming in the future, I'd say it's very much on topic.
Major Night Strike

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:03 am

Night Strike wrote:...Who are you to demand that people have the kind of <insert lifestyle> that YOU deem appropriate? ...

This phrase stuck out to me, especially with other views on other topics.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Postby Symmetry on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:12 am

Night Strike wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:I see, apparently we have some definitional issues here.
See, in English the term "will" speaks to the future, not necessarily the immediate. Per the doctor, nothing in the law is prohibiting people from keeping their doctors. HOWEVER, doctors and insurance companies are and always have been free to opt out of various programs. The issue is whether this law is directly responsible.

Except now we can't opt out of THIS program, so "always" isn't an accurate term. And the future is now player. We were promised on the president's post-election campaign trail that we could keep our doctors and plans if we wanted to. Yet, the government banned high-deductible catastrophic insurance plans, so obviously those people couldn't keep their plans. You should also include the limits on flexible spending accounts and the higher threshold for deducting medical expenses as plans that the government has forced to change, not to mention forced higher taxes on the middle class.

PLAYER57832 wrote:and note... I am quite sure you can find some doctors saying "I [retired, left the company, changed practice,etc] because of Obamacare." But that's like the guy who told his employees if Obama was elected, they would all be fired. Jerks can use whatever excuse they want, it doesn't mean they truly were forced to make those decisions.

Do you realize that there are actually real consequences to legislation that's passed, and the results aren't always things that are great for everybody? There ARE negative consequences to laws. And people aren't jerks for pointing out those negative consequences and even acting in response to those negativities. If you want to name jerks, start looking at the people in government who think they have the authority to control our lives.

PLAYER57832 wrote:
Night Strike wrote:Also, who cares if it was a Republican plan at one point? It's certainly not a conservative or libertarian plan. There are a lot of Republican plans that are just as progressive as Democratic plans.

Ah, well see, you keep pretending this was some plan that Obama, all on his own and without any context just cooked up to try and trick the American people. I am simply showing the error in your analysis.

A better question is why so many attackers, including you, are so very insistant that the bill be attributed almost entirely to Obama?

Well, Obama spent over a year after his election to campaign for the law, and he signed it, so he clearly had a large role in it. And I'm well aware that there are plenty of other bad legislators that forced this law down our throats, and we've been working to get them out of power and out of office all together.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Symmetry on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:12 am

Double post, sorry.
Last edited by Symmetry on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Re: Liberty VS ObamaCare: Back to Supreme Court

Postby Symmetry on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:18 am

Night Strike wrote:Except now we can't opt out of THIS program, so "always" isn't an accurate term.

You can always move to a country without nationalised healthcare.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby jj3044 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:22 am

Forget ObamaCare, here is one of the actual culprits of our unsustainable healthcare system:
http://m.pinterest.com/pin/209206345162874460/

This speaks to the need for more preventive medicine, screenings, and implementation of those employer incentive plans to live a healthy lifestyle that I have spoken to in the past (and have been recently been attacked in the media, like CVS).
Colonel jj3044

Postby Woodruff on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:50 am

AndyDufresne wrote:
Night Strike wrote:...Who are you to demand that people have the kind of <insert lifestyle> that YOU deem appropriate? ...

Why, whatever could you mean?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby PLAYER57832 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:14 pm

Phatscotty wrote:It says something when unions want out. Guess they didn't get a corruption waiver. I'm sure these guys at one time were shouting down "racists" and supporting Obamacare. Except, now we know what's in it....

Roofer Union Calls for Repeal of Obama Health Law

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2013/04/1 ... um=twitter

Ah, so now because one union is not in agreement... and note that unions are one group that historically have been able to secure very good; often very, very good coverage for their members .. that means that the majority vote is just to be ignored?

Funny, you were crowing, as were a good many supposed "Tea Partiers" and many Republicans that this last election would "prove" to Obama that he had overstepped, had no mandate and that the American public rejected the healthcare reform act. YET... when the tables turned, suddenly you decide that the vote meant nothing.

Democracy doesn't mean YOU get YOUR way, it means that the majority do. In this case, we have a representative Republic, but people certainly have not jumped up and resoundingly derided Obama, no matter how much folks like you wish to pretend they have.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby PLAYER57832 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:17 pm

jj3044 wrote:Forget ObamaCare, here is one of the actual culprits of our unsustainable healthcare system:
http://m.pinterest.com/pin/209206345162874460/

This speaks to the need for more preventive medicine, screenings, and implementation of those employer incentive plans to live a healthy lifestyle that I have spoken to in the past (and have been recently been attacked in the media, like CVS).

This is part of it, but also the mistaken idea that we need to, should effectively pursue immortaility.

AND, the pretense of some that simply "being alive" is enough to warrent millions in care for one person, no matter the condition of that "life".
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Night Strike on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:04 pm

Symmetry wrote:
Night Strike wrote:Except now we can't opt out of THIS program, so "always" isn't an accurate term.

Why would I move to a country that has an even worse system? And did you have fun spam quoting my post?

PLAYER57832 wrote:Democracy doesn't mean YOU get YOUR way, it means that the majority do. In this case, we have a representative Republic, but people certainly have not jumped up and resoundingly derided Obama, no matter how much folks like you wish to pretend they have.

Funny how a majority has never supported Obamacare. Funny how Scott Brown ran in 2009 to specifically be the 41st vote against Obamacare, yet after he was elected, Reid played shell games with parliamentary procedures and passed it anyway. I thought our government was supposed to be representative? But those things don't matter since it doesn't achieve your end goal of governmental control.
Major Night Strike

Postby Symmetry on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:14 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Why would I move to a country that has an even worse system? And did you have fun spam quoting my post?

Apologies for that double post. I wasn't spamming you.

Anyway... are you telling me that countries without nationalised healthcare are worse than those with?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby john9blue on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:24 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:

--Andy

=D>

although, i don't think NS is necessarily "demanding" that people conform to his views (on homosexuality, i assume)... i think he just heavily disapproves of those who don't, lol
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby Nobunaga on Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:18 pm

The train, she's a comin'.

http://www.atr.org/obamacares-tax-hike- ... reck-a7587

Sad to read.
Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Postby Lootifer on Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:56 pm

Nobunaga wrote:The train, she's a comin'.

Sad to read.

Good lord you tax system is complicated (or more accurately, good lord I cannot be fucked thinking about the implications of the various pieces of that article since it applies to a tax system of a country I dont live in). Care to give a neutral-as-you-possibly-can run down of that article?
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:42 pm

Lootifer wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:The train, she's a comin'.

Sad to read.

Good lord you tax system is complicated (or more accurately, good lord I cannot be fucked thinking about the implications of the various pieces of that article since it applies to a tax system of a country I dont live in). Care to give a neutral-as-you-possibly-can run down of that article?

It sure is complicated. I hope you can see just a little bit better where I and other like myself have been coming from. Most of us here in the USA have to pay someone else to do our taxes for us. Even the professionals have trouble sometimes.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Night Strike on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:08 pm

This morning during his press conference, Obama claimed the number of Americans that are having problems with the implementation of Obamacare is very small.....approximately 10-15% of the country. Yet, the entire Obamacare law was passed specifically because of 10-15% of the country not having health insurance. So if the first group is irrelevant due to their size, why isn't the latter group?
Major Night Strike

Postby Woodruff on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:15 pm

Night Strike wrote:This morning during his press conference, Obama claimed the number of Americans that are having problems with the implementation of Obamacare is very small.....approximately 10-15% of the country. Yet, the entire Obamacare law was passed specifically because of 10-15% of the country not having health insurance. So if the first group is irrelevant due to their size, why isn't the latter group?

Did Obama actually say they were irrelevant? I find that unlikely, but would be interested if it were true.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Night Strike on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:41 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:This morning during his press conference, Obama claimed the number of Americans that are having problems with the implementation of Obamacare is very small.....approximately 10-15% of the country. Yet, the entire Obamacare law was passed specifically because of 10-15% of the country not having health insurance. So if the first group is irrelevant due to their size, why isn't the latter group?

Did Obama actually say they were irrelevant? I find that unlikely, but would be interested if it were true.

I added the "irrelevant" term since that's the implication when he says that the problems aren't very widespread. Even though by his own numbers they're nearly as much of the population as those who didn't have health insurance.
Major Night Strike

Postby Woodruff on Wed May 01, 2013 12:14 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

I added the "irrelevant" term since that's the implication when he says that the problems aren't very widespread. Even though by his own numbers they're nearly as much of the population as those who didn't have health insurance.

Saying that a thing is small in number is not at all the same as saying that a thing is irrelevant. You seem to be having a lot of definatory issues today, Night Strike.

Postby Night Strike on Wed May 01, 2013 12:33 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Saying that a thing is small in number is not at all the same as saying that a thing is irrelevant. You seem to be having a lot of definatory issues today, Night Strike.

Obamacare was passed based on a small number of people, based on Obama's own definition of small. Why did we have to pass a trillion dollar tax and spend package for that small number of people yet ignore the same amount of people who are having trouble with the law?
Major Night Strike

Postby comic boy on Wed May 01, 2013 1:19 pm

Night Strike
Do you truly believe that all numbers and percentages have the same weighting , do you seriously equate implementation problems with long term issues. I dont believe that you are so stupid as to believe such so Im puzzled as to why you would make such a ridiculous point, are you getting desperate ?
Im a TOFU miSfit
Brigadier comic boy

Postby Woodruff on Wed May 01, 2013 7:08 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Obamacare was passed based on a small number of people, based on Obama's own definition of small. Why did we have to pass a trillion dollar tax and spend package for that small number of people yet ignore the same amount of people who are having trouble with the law?

Because our government is run by a bunch of dirtbags who are only interested in lining their own pockets. Is this a revelation to you, Night Strike? There really are very few members of Congress that deserve much respect at all, though there are a few.

However, I don't in the least believe that Obamacare was passed "based on a small number of people".

Postby john9blue on Wed May 01, 2013 8:43 pm

Woodruff wrote:You seem to be having a lot of definatory issues today, Night Strike.

but at least he doesn't make up words... not that there's anything wrong with that
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby Night Strike on Thu May 02, 2013 1:32 am

Weren't we told Obamacare was fully funded when it passed? And I don't remember any bills signed into law that actually cut off any funding to implementing Obamacare.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/297333-reid-says-more-funding-is-needed-to-prevent-healthcare-law-from-becoming-a-train-wreck
Major Night Strike

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri May 03, 2013 2:28 pm

Thanks, Star Trek: TOS Obamacare.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,