Conquer Club

Missed Turn Etiquette

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Missed Turn Etiquette

Postby richwwtk on Wed May 01, 2013 2:28 pm

I've just been called an asshole playing a 1v1 game and, whilst my opponent didn't expand on this, the only reason I can see for it is that he missed the initial turn and I played on. Am I missing some sort of politeness thing here and, if your opponent misses a turn, you should reciprocate and miss a turn deliberately to negate any possible advantage?

I created the game so when he joined he should have taken his turn straight away and I have no idea why or how he missed.

Game number 12702983

no idea how to make it clickable, sorry.
Major richwwtk

Re: Missed Turn Etiquette

Postby Bones2484 on Wed May 01, 2013 2:35 pm

richwwtk wrote:Am I missing some sort of politeness thing here and, if your opponent misses a turn, you should reciprocate and miss a turn deliberately to negate any possible advantage?

No. You are not missing anything.
Major Bones2484

Postby jsnyder748 on Wed May 01, 2013 2:36 pm

no there is no such rule. or etiqutte to be followed. It isn't like the 12 hour fog rule or anything. The guy just sounds irrational to me.
Colonel jsnyder748

Postby Symmetry on Wed May 01, 2013 4:23 pm

Game 12702983

Like this.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Armandolas on Thu May 02, 2013 9:57 am

Symmetry wrote:Game 12702983

Like this.

lololol...nice chat
Colonel Armandolas

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu May 02, 2013 11:55 am

The correct procedure for what to do when you miss a turn is described in this helpful webpage.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby rjhankey on Thu May 02, 2013 6:51 pm

Bones2484 wrote:
richwwtk wrote:Am I missing some sort of politeness thing here and, if your opponent misses a turn, you should reciprocate and miss a turn deliberately to negate any possible advantage?

If anything, missing a turn sometimes tips the advantage to him anyway, since he'll be getting that extra load of troops you can't do much about offensively until he deploys them. That's not a tried and true advantage, but it has certainly worked against me/us in some of the games I've been in. It's amazing how quickly the tables can turn in a team game when someone misses two turns, then suddenly has 6 troops to drop somewhere on his next turn.
Highest rank/rating -- Major / 2243 points -- May 21, 2015

http://i.imgur.com/XHQnpn5.gif[/img]
Captain rjhankey

Postby macbone on Sat May 04, 2013 4:36 am

Nah, he was just referring to your comment, "lol, np. your loss (probably)." It's Speed, man, people jump on the smallest things and blow them out of proportion.
Colonel macbone

Postby zimmah on Sat May 04, 2013 7:48 am

DoomYoshi wrote:The correct procedure for what to do when you miss a turn is described in this helpful webpage.

:lol:

btw you can make game links clickable by simply writing

Code: Select all
[Game]12702983[/Game]
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby zimmah on Sat May 04, 2013 7:51 am

rjhankey wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:

If anything, missing a turn sometimes tips the advantage to him anyway, since he'll be getting that extra load of troops you can't do much about offensively until he deploys them. That's not a tried and true advantage, but it has certainly worked against me/us in some of the games I've been in. It's amazing how quickly the tables can turn in a team game when someone misses two turns, then suddenly has 6 troops to drop somewhere on his next turn.

trust me, it was a lot worse back when you got your missed troops at the start of the turn, rather than at the end.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby premio53 on Sat May 04, 2013 11:34 am

zimmah wrote:
rjhankey wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:

trust me, it was a lot worse back when you got your missed troops at the start of the turn, rather than at the end.

The point is that there should be no advantage for missing turns whether on purpose or otherwise.
Lieutenant premio53

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed May 08, 2013 10:36 am

I read it like Mac did. He seems to be responding to you comment, not your gameplay.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Flavordice on Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:55 pm

What if you are playing a multiplayer trench match, and one of the guys adjacent to you misses a turn? I feel like a jerk taking advantage and double turning into him in a trench game, but I also don't want to throw the game for myself by not reacting to him. He's pretty high ranked though, and doesn't often miss turns, so I doubt it was deliberate, and I'm sad that maybe something happened that he couldn't help.

I'm a little worried because the dude already is convinced I'm a jerk because I've been pushing him pretty hard. And, well, honestly, I'm trying to make sure there isn't any unspoken etiquette that I would be overstepping by exploding his bonuses and killing the punk. I want to act on logic, and not instinctual rage. He has a quiet border agreement with a dude in a fog match and I'm the only place he has to expand to. But I'm bigger than him and fighting on multiple fronts, so he has been trying to get everyone else to attack me in chat. So, I know he is going to complain if I do something unorthodox. Heck, he will probably complain regardless.
Captain Flavordice

Return to Conquer Club Discussion