Conquer Club

Update Tracking Thread

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Update Tracking Thread

Postby rdsrds2120 on Wed May 01, 2013 2:17 pm

Butters1919 wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:Which medals update are you speaking of, besides the all-known forum appearance glitch?BMO

That and the fact that they are referred to as both platinum (in most places) and diamond (in others).

Hmm...I thought those were fixed! The Medal Stats page refers to them as Platinum, and so does the hover text.Old medals before we switched to Platinum instead of naming them diamond will result in award details for that timeframe listed as Diamond.

Can you isolate where they still say Diamond?

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby agentcom on Wed May 01, 2013 3:45 pm

I agree with the folks here about sorting game finder results from oldest to newest. Not something that I would've thought of before putting through the update, but they're spot on that the oldest results should be listed first when people are actively searching for games of a certain type.
Colonel agentcom

Postby greenoaks on Wed May 01, 2013 5:12 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:
Butters1919 wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:Which medals update are you speaking of, besides the all-known forum appearance glitch?BMO

That and the fact that they are referred to as both platinum (in most places) and diamond (in others).

Hmm...I thought those were fixed! The Medal Stats page refers to them as Platinum, and so does the hover text.Old medals before we switched to Platinum instead of naming them diamond will result in award details for that timeframe listed as Diamond.

BMO

do you need assistance to manually change the wording of those early ones?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby rdsrds2120 on Wed May 01, 2013 5:43 pm

greenoaks wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:
Butters1919 wrote:

BMO

do you need assistance to manually change the wording of those early ones?

There's no UI friendly way to edit them, and they can only be changed manually in the database by the Head Web Developer, which isn't something we'd want him to use his time on. That said, I've been working with blake to try and make things easier for us UI-side.

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby IcePack on Wed May 01, 2013 6:07 pm

Those ads on the home page before you sign in are sure to attract new users...
And as a premium member who was told we wouldn't get ads, I'm a little disappointed.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby patrickaa317 on Wed May 01, 2013 10:29 pm

rdsrds2120 wrote:
Butters1919 wrote:

BMO

taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby EddieMay on Thu May 02, 2013 2:44 am

Very poor judgement by whoever decided to make this change. Changes should always be tested prior to implementation. This change caused radical problems with Bob so that it is basically unusable until it is corrected. The change should be deleted until it can be made without such disastrous results. The little dialog box that says click again needs a better position than on top of the region button where it interferes with clicking.

This effects so many players that something should be done immediately to reinstate Bob functionality and a universal PM to all players letting us know when it is fixed.

Thank you,

eddiemay
Captain EddieMay

Postby greenoaks on Thu May 02, 2013 6:51 am

EddieMay wrote:Very poor judgement by whoever decided to make this change. Changes should always be tested prior to implementation. This change caused radical problems with Bob so that it is basically unusable until it is corrected. The change should be deleted until it can be made without such disastrous results. The little dialog box that says click again needs a better position than on top of the region button where it interferes with clicking.

This effects so many players that something should be done immediately to reinstate Bob functionality and a universal PM to all players letting us know when it is fixed.

Thank you,

eddiemay

Breaking News

Bob is not Conquer Club.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby morleyjoe on Thu May 02, 2013 6:56 am

greenoaks wrote:
EddieMay wrote:Very poor judgement by whoever decided to make this change. Changes should always be tested prior to implementation. This change caused radical problems with Bob so that it is basically unusable until it is corrected. The change should be deleted until it can be made without such disastrous results. The little dialog box that says click again needs a better position than on top of the region button where it interferes with clicking.

Thank you,

eddiemay

Breaking News

Bob is not Conquer Club.

sad but true....
show: My CC
Major morleyjoe

Postby Armandolas on Thu May 02, 2013 6:57 am

greenoaks wrote:

Thank you,

eddiemay

Breaking News

Bob is not Conquer Club.

Not its not, but then check bold and underlined...
Colonel Armandolas

Postby greenoaks on Thu May 02, 2013 9:03 am

Armandolas wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

Thank you,

eddiemay

Breaking News

Bob is not Conquer Club.

omg, a free third-party add-on is not working.

how dare someone not devote their spare time to fix this immediately for us.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Armandolas on Thu May 02, 2013 9:41 am

Its not about being dramatic.
Even if its a third party add-on, its developed for CC and take an important role on many people gameplay. Just because its not CC default it should not be forgotten.
Also, u keep on forgeting, thats not about the addon, its about the people who plays CC with the tool.
I dont have Bob broken, but i understand the frustration of those who do
Colonel Armandolas

Postby IcePack on Thu May 02, 2013 9:59 am

greenoaks wrote:
Armandolas wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

Thank you,

eddiemay

Breaking News

Bob is not Conquer Club.

omg, a free third-party add-on is not working.

how dare someone not devote their spare time to fix this immediately for us.

Conquer Club is still a business last I checked, and if that the attitude they move forward with its very, very short sighted when it affects such a large % of paying active customers (something that's been dropping for awhile now). Ignoring this problem will only encourage those considering leaving to quicken their departure.

Third party or not, it does AFFECT their customers and website and unless they are totally ignorant they need to pay attention and take care of their customers, or somebody else will.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby NoSurvivors on Thu May 02, 2013 10:25 am

Though BOB is useful, I think people are being a bit dramatic over it.. if you don't know the map, why are you playing it? Snapshots? I don't use em, and I still do well. Therefore; stop whining like a bunch of little girls (no offense to the little girls on the site if there are any lol), and wait a while. It will be changed back. You just have to have this thing called "patience"..
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby rjhankey on Thu May 02, 2013 11:22 am

BOB is used quite a bit in team games as a way of sharing the view of the map between teammate turns, that's probably the largest use of it. There are times when I use it to check an attack path, if I can't see clearly on the screen -- some maps are more challenging than others to see the paths, and there are times it comes in handy when learning a map you're not familiar with. If only people who knew a map played them, we'd never have maps clear the Beta phase as nobody would be playing games on them.

That aside, I think I may have stumbled on to a "workaround" ... changing the BOB setting to move the chat to the top seems to have repositioned the popups so they don't interfere with the clickable maps functionality. It's taking a little getting used to, but I think I could get accustomed to having the chat as the first thing I see on the game/map page. Seems to be working in my regular games and in the tournament games.
Highest rank/rating -- Major / 2243 points -- May 21, 2015

http://i.imgur.com/XHQnpn5.gif[/img]
Captain rjhankey

Postby Butters1919 on Thu May 02, 2013 11:52 am

patrickaa317 wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:
Butters1919 wrote:

BMO

and here:

Cook Butters1919

Postby IcePack on Thu May 02, 2013 12:35 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:Though BOB is useful, I think people are being a bit dramatic over it.. if you don't know the map, why are you playing it? Snapshots? I don't use em, and I still do well. Therefore; stop whining like a bunch of little girls (no offense to the little girls on the site if there are any lol), and wait a while. It will be changed back. You just have to have this thing called "patience"..

This has nothing to do with attack paths / not knowing the maps or snapshots.
You can't click on the map to assault / reinforce you've got to use the stupid drop downs.
So before you insult everybody, maybe try to understand the complaint first...

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby spiesr on Thu May 02, 2013 12:40 pm

IcePack wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:Though BOB is useful, I think people are being a bit dramatic over it.. if you don't know the map, why are you playing it? Snapshots? I don't use em, and I still do well. Therefore; stop whining like a bunch of little girls (no offense to the little girls on the site if there are any lol), and wait a while. It will be changed back. You just have to have this thing called "patience"..
You can't click on the map to assault / reinforce you've got to use the stupid drop downs.
If you turn BOB off you can click the map successfully...
Captain spiesr

Postby IcePack on Thu May 02, 2013 1:47 pm

spiesr wrote:
IcePack wrote:

Yes, I'm aware and thats what I'm doing. But for players (IE customers) who have large number of fog games and have to keep turning on and off in order to get snaps and can't click on things / using the drop down....there is generally only so much patience before it gets really, really annoying when it could have been easily prevented.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Gilligan on Thu May 02, 2013 1:51 pm

Butters1919 wrote:
and here:

rds has said that this is unchangeable.
Captain Gilligan

Postby Butters1919 on Thu May 02, 2013 2:04 pm

Gilligan wrote:
Butters1919 wrote:
and here:

That's unfortunate. Then why not change the name of the medals to diamond for consistency?
Cook Butters1919

Postby Gilligan on Thu May 02, 2013 2:12 pm

Butters1919 wrote:
Gilligan wrote:
Butters1919 wrote:
and here:

That's unfortunate. Then why not change the name of the medals to diamond for consistency?

Yeah, it is unfortunate.

I can't answer that question. :)
Captain Gilligan

Postby greenoaks on Thu May 02, 2013 5:29 pm

IcePack wrote:
spiesr wrote:
IcePack wrote:

Yes, I'm aware and thats what I'm doing. But for players (IE customers) who have large number of fog games and have to keep turning on and off in order to get snaps and can't click on things / using the drop down....there is generally only so much patience before it gets really, really annoying when it could have been easily prevented.

Are you suggesting CC take BOB inhouse to ensure it gets updated & functionality is compatable with site changes?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby IcePack on Thu May 02, 2013 6:58 pm

greenoaks wrote:
IcePack wrote:
spiesr wrote:
IcePack wrote:

Are you suggesting CC take BOB inhouse to ensure it gets updated & functionality is compatable with site changes?

Not necessarily,, there are plenty of options to avoid this.

1) make bob in house (not desired)
2) work with add on developers on updates
3) use add ons in test site to notice this ahead of time and notify only specific developers that are needed to fix (again efore hand)

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Woodruff on Thu May 02, 2013 8:16 pm

Armandolas wrote:Its not about being dramatic.
Even if its a third party add-on, its developed for CC and take an important role on many people gameplay. Just because its not CC default it should not be forgotten.
Also, u keep on forgeting, thats not about the addon, its about the people who plays CC with the tool.
I dont have Bob broken, but i understand the frustration of those who do

I would suggest that it is the responsibility of the third-party add-on developer to fix the problem, rather than that of the ConquerClub developers.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives