Conquer Club

Getting Kicked in the Balls VS. Gunshot Wound

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Getting Kicked in the Balls VS. Gunshot Wound

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri May 03, 2013 12:20 am

I've been kicked in the balls a few times over the years and it's basically a full body rush of pain/nausea. I've never been shot though, thankfully. Is there anyone out there who has had both happen to them and can tell us all which is worse(short term)? I figure the other thread is impossible to answer so at least in this one we can get somewhere.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Re: Getting Kicked in the Balls VS. Gunshot Wound

Postby koontz1973 on Fri May 03, 2013 12:49 am

What happens if you are shot in the balls? Where does that rank in your scale of pain?
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri May 03, 2013 12:55 am

koontz1973 wrote:What happens if you are shot in the balls? Where does that rank in your scale of pain?

Are you drunk? Cuz I am.
I'm looking for someone who has been shot and been kicked in the balls on separate occasions to make a relative comparison. Obviously anyone who had been shot but only in the balls would not be able to make the proper comparisons due to sensory overlap/interference.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby koontz1973 on Fri May 03, 2013 1:30 am

Funkyterrance wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:What happens if you are shot in the balls? Where does that rank in your scale of pain?

Are you drunk? Cuz I am.
I'm looking for someone who has been shot and been kicked in the balls on separate occasions to make a relative comparison. Obviously anyone who had been shot but only in the balls would not be able to make the proper comparisons due to sensory overlap/interference.

But what happens if he gets kicked in the balls on a Monday, and shot in the balls on a Tuesday? Would the lingering pain from Monday have any effect? What happens if he is a pre op and after all those hormones, he has shrunken testicles. Would that effect the outcome? What size bullet are you talking about here as well. My size 12 feet with steel toe caps would cause more pain than a girly girl with ballet pumps on. Answer these and I can tell you what it is like being shot.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri May 03, 2013 9:33 pm

koontz1973 wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:

Are you drunk? Cuz I am.

But what happens if he gets kicked in the balls on a Monday, and shot in the balls on a Tuesday? Would the lingering pain from Monday have any effect? What happens if he is a pre op and after all those hormones, he has shrunken testicles. Would that effect the outcome? What size bullet are you talking about here as well. My size 12 feet with steel toe caps would cause more pain than a girly girl with ballet pumps on. Answer these and I can tell you what it is like being shot.

Answer 1- I've been kicked in the balls and for me the pain was over entirely within a half hour or so. Perhaps these were relatively minor injuries?
Answer 2- If he's pre-op I would imagine that the pain sensation would be the same provided it was still a direct hit.
Answer 3- Bullet size I'm guessing doesn't matter since your body would respond more or less equally to that level of trauma.
Answer4- One might argue that if you factor in pounds per square inch, ballet pumps might actually cause more intense pain.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby patches70 on Sat May 04, 2013 12:04 am

The human body is a curious thing. Especially when it comes to pain. If you were to feel enough pain, your body could respond by simply cutting off the signals from the affected nerve endings, if the pain is intense enough. The level of pain one would have to receive would be quite substantial, but afterward, because of the defense mechanisms of the human body and mind, that pain wouldn't seem as bad as it actually was.

Getting kicked in the balls hurts, my goodness it certainly does. Brings tears to your eyes, your stomach is all messed up and all the other symptoms. There is probably a bit of a psychological aspect, it's your balls after all.

But I think that the psychological effect of a gunshot wound would put a kick to the balls to shame. A bullet can zip right through your body, and it hurts so much you won't feel a thing because even your mind doesn't want to experience that kind of pain. But to look down, see a hole, knowing what just happened and the blood begins to flow, that's a kind of different pain all together which I'm not even sure can be quantified.

You can have your foot sliced off by a circular saw and just the sight of your dismembered limb lying on the ground/table is pretty damn traumatic. But it won't hurt that bad, or it won't seem to hurt that bad. But then you'd also be in shock as well. And this is where the gunshot is different from a kick in the balls.

In fact, it might be shock that limits the pain.

The difference between getting kicked in the balls and getting shot in regards to pain-
Balls- Hurts now, the pain eases fairly quickly (unless you actually rupture a testicle or something like).
Shot- Shock and the fact that the injury happens so fast limits the immediate pain. The real pain comes later, when you are healing. Then it hurts, bad. For days, weeks, months and even years. Lemme see a little old kick to the balls do that!
Private patches70

Postby turtleninja on Wed May 15, 2013 2:28 pm

well seeing how I am a multi combat veteran and yes I do have three purple hearts among other medals id say getting kicked in the balls well, if it was a full on kick like punting a football style yes that would hurt now, now getting kicked in the balls medical speaking would hurt not only short term but you could tear the testis or even rupture them and that would hella suck, but also a GSW hurts like hell, but it also has a shock feeling, like patches70 said. but its also upon an individual persons pain.
Corporal 1st Class turtleninja

Postby Funkyterrance on Wed May 15, 2013 2:42 pm

turtleninja wrote:well seeing how I am a multi combat veteran and yes I do have three purple hearts among other medals id say getting kicked in the balls well, if it was a full on kick like punting a football style yes that would hurt now, now getting kicked in the balls medical speaking would hurt not only short term but you could tear the testis or even rupture them and that would hella suck, but also a GSW hurts like hell, but it also has a shock feeling, like patches70 said. but its also upon an individual persons pain.

Whoa, we've got one!

Ok turtleninja, lets say your average dirty fistfight kick in the balls(no ruptering, etc., just a direct hit) vs. your average low caliber rifle? This is going based on your personal opinion. From what I understand you're saying the ball kick hurts more?
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby smegal69 on Thu May 16, 2013 5:03 am

Funkyterrance wrote:
turtleninja wrote:well seeing how I am a multi combat veteran and yes I do have three purple hearts among other medals id say getting kicked in the balls well, if it was a full on kick like punting a football style yes that would hurt now, now getting kicked in the balls medical speaking would hurt not only short term but you could tear the testis or even rupture them and that would hella suck, but also a GSW hurts like hell, but it also has a shock feeling, like patches70 said. but its also upon an individual persons pain.

Whoa, we've got one!

Ok turtleninja, lets say your average dirty fistfight kick in the balls(no ruptering, etc., just a direct hit) vs. your average low caliber rifle? This is going based on your personal opinion. From what I understand you're saying the ball kick hurts more?

Whoa, you have got TWO....... yes i can say honestly that i have had both!!!

well kinda off, yes i have been shot ..... shot by a .17hmr in the lower left thigh with what was left of the bullet exiting be hind the knee and not kicked in the balls, but i can remember once i had a go-cart accident and bent the steering wheel with my ball bag.

1st the Gun shot.

3 years ago in a hunting accident i shot myself in the leg, the bullet was not a large caliber but it was high velocity. I spent 10 days in hospital getting 3 different IV penicillin treatments 4 time a day, since the bullet shattered on impact they decided it was better not to try and remove what was left of it, I never passed out or cried from the pain, i never had any pain relief drugs stronger than a paracetamol......
Yes it hurt, yes i can recommend that you don't try it yourself, it was like a burning pain but i found i could handle it.

on a Pain Scale of 1 to 10 i would rate it at a 7.5 to 8

2nd The time i try to tear my testicles of in a Go-cart Accident

My friends father was an engineer and had made his 3 sons a Go-cart each, one summer day him, another mate and myself decide we were going to race each other down this steep hill, half way down the hill a dog decide to run out in front of us, so been a nice guy back then i tried to avoid hitting it and i swung on the steering wheel (theses days i don't swing on steering wheels i just run em over) only to find myself heading at a brick wall.
again i swung on the steering wheel to avoid hitting the brick wall only to find myself heading straight for a power pole and no time to react.
i hit it straight on, with enough force that my feet slipped of the foot controls and my ass slid out off the seat and the only reason i stop is i used my balls as breaks on the steering wheel ( and Yes, i did bent it with my balls)
well the pain was so much i could not scream, i could not move, i don't even think i could cry.... all i managed to do was to roll out of the cart grasping at my manhood and rolling around in pain.
This was the first time i had ever had a women touch my balls and cock, a nurse at the hospital had the pleasure of hold my man hood in her hand as she injected dye down the eye of the old fella (i know i didn't feel any pleasure)
well lucky enough they survived the accident, i may have pissed blood for over a week..... but they are still there

Pain Scale 9-10

so if you ever find yourself with a gun shot wound, get the biggest guy around to punt your balls into next week, i promise you will forget about the bullet wound.

whats left of the Bullet in my leg today
Lieutenant smegal69

Location: Doing Hard Time on "The ROCK", in the southern ocean

Postby MrPanzerGeneral on Thu May 16, 2013 9:52 am

I've done both.
Once I kicked someone in the balls. Then shot him. Didn't hurt me a bit.
Then lot's of times I've shot people, then kicked them in the balls (and in other parts). Also, didn't hurt me a bit.
Does my opinion count ?
Private MrPanzerGeneral

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu May 16, 2013 10:01 am

MrPanzerGeneral wrote:Does my opinion count ?

This is a question for the ages. It is like a Buddhist Koan.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby MrPanzerGeneral on Thu May 16, 2013 10:06 am

smegal69 wrote:3 years ago in a hunting accident i shot myself in the leg,

Your services are exactly what is needed, Darwinian wise, to promote the good causes of the NRA.
Private MrPanzerGeneral

Postby MrPanzerGeneral on Thu May 16, 2013 10:10 am

AndyDufresne wrote:This is a question for the ages. It is like a Buddhist Koan.
--Andy

i was answering the question "Where does that rank in your scale of pain?" Andy...Not getting all philosophical with Omms and what not, but I can do that too, if you'd like me to :) Don't be getting all Gongan on me :)
Private MrPanzerGeneral

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu May 16, 2013 10:28 am

MrPanzerGeneral wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:This is a question for the ages. It is like a Buddhist Koan.
--Andy

i was answering the question "Where does that rank in your scale of pain?" Andy...Not getting all philosophical with Omms and what not, but I can do that too, if you'd like me to :) Don't be getting all Gongan on me :)

Perhaps you are guru, but perhaps you do not know it yet!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby MrPanzerGeneral on Thu May 16, 2013 10:32 am

Private MrPanzerGeneral

Postby Agent 86 on Thu May 16, 2013 10:52 am

A Gunshot has the potential to kill me, kick in the balls ( yes it ..expletive hurts ) I will live. Pain scale then gets the kick in the balls, gunshot If I survive will hurt but the shock nullifies this till later. As long as it's a really good kick that hits the target, my balls will always register 10 in the pain scale. I've experienced both, lived through a 222 bullet to the ankle ( yes it hurt but nothing like my balls experience).
Survived a football accident where my opponent missed the ball but not mine ( Blue balls ). A horse who wasn't happy and got me square on ( blue balls a second time). Family worried I might never be a father. Third time a dirt bike accident and crunched my balls on the handle bars ( very sore balls ) weeks in hospital. Doctors this time thought no father hood. Lucky, yes I am as I have a 3yr old daughter.

Pain scale for third offense of hitting the balls..10 out of 10. Don't try the horse though it registered 9.5 out of 10
We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Postby 2dimes on Thu May 16, 2013 11:05 am

Maybe it was Urban legend but I heard/read, people have died of shock from being kicked in the balls.
Corporal 2dimes

Re:

Postby muy_thaiguy on Thu May 16, 2013 11:15 am

2dimes wrote:Maybe it was Urban legend but I heard/read, people have died of shock from being kicked in the balls.

Heard that too, but have yet to see proof of it.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby 2dimes on Thu May 16, 2013 11:53 am

muy_thaiguy wrote:
2dimes wrote:Maybe it was Urban legend but I heard/read, people have died of shock from being kicked in the balls.

Heard that too, but have yet to see proof of it.

Hmm. Not sure I want to. I would rather believe it's an exaggeration. It's a believable claim to me though, because testicle injuries are a different pain to any other I've had.

I had my forehead then lip stitched one time. The Novocain or whatever missed the nerve so the wrong part of my face was frozen. He offered to put more in. I was already sore and just wanted the last thing finished so I said, "No, give me a moment... Ok I'm ready, stitch it up." It was weird because the needle hurt going through but the string like part felt funny being pulled through.

Probably the most intense pain I have personally had was back problems, followed by an ear infection. But even a fairly mild tap in the nuts has disabled me briefly. Fortunately they have all been mild in my case. Thing is I can't help but think a hard blow would logically be worse. I sort of can't imagine it getting worse.

They certainly are a strange and wonderful thing.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby MrPanzerGeneral on Thu May 16, 2013 12:15 pm

Triple 2 in the ankle Agent. Your lucky that you can walk again.
God bless yah that you've still managed to procreate with all the damage you've got to your balls :)
Private MrPanzerGeneral

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,