Conquer Club

Update Tracking Thread

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Update Tracking Thread

Postby denominator on Thu May 02, 2013 8:18 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Armandolas wrote:Its not about being dramatic.
Even if its a third party add-on, its developed for CC and take an important role on many people gameplay. Just because its not CC default it should not be forgotten.
Also, u keep on forgeting, thats not about the addon, its about the people who plays CC with the tool.
I dont have Bob broken, but i understand the frustration of those who do

I would suggest that it is the responsibility of the third-party add-on developer to fix the problem, rather than that of the ConquerClub developers.

Agreed. I think that all that is being asked for here is that the add-on developers be notified of changes like this ahead of time so that they can adjust the scripts before they are broken.
Sergeant 1st Class denominator

Postby patrickaa317 on Thu May 02, 2013 10:52 pm

IcePack wrote:
greenoaks wrote:
IcePack wrote:
spiesr wrote:
IcePack wrote:This has nothing to do with attack paths / not knowing the maps or snapshots.
You can't click on the map to assault / reinforce you've got to use the stupid drop downs.
So before you insult everybody, maybe try to understand the complaint first...
If you turn BOB off you can click the map successfully...

Yes, I'm aware and thats what I'm doing. But for players (IE customers) who have large number of fog games and have to keep turning on and off in order to get snaps and can't click on things / using the drop down....there is generally only so much patience before it gets really, really annoying when it could have been easily prevented.

Are you suggesting CC take BOB inhouse to ensure it gets updated & functionality is compatable with site changes?

Not necessarily,, there are plenty of options to avoid this.

1) make bob in house (not desired)
2) work with add on developers on updates
3) use add ons in test site to notice this ahead of time and notify only specific developers that are needed to fix (again efore hand)

Icepack - Seriously. Can you stop using common sense and logic when discussing in the forums? You really want a business to care about their customers? What kind of capitalistic person are you where a delivered good is based on customer wants?

Also, why does it seem as though the non-BOB users almost enjoy when it becomes unusable?
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby greenoaks on Fri May 03, 2013 4:55 am

patrickaa317 wrote:
IcePack wrote:
greenoaks wrote:
IcePack wrote:
spiesr wrote:
IcePack wrote:This has nothing to do with attack paths / not knowing the maps or snapshots.
You can't click on the map to assault / reinforce you've got to use the stupid drop downs.
If you turn BOB off you can click the map successfully...

Yes, I'm aware and thats what I'm doing. But for players (IE customers) who have large number of fog games and have to keep turning on and off in order to get snaps and can't click on things / using the drop down....there is generally only so much patience before it gets really, really annoying when it could have been easily prevented.

Are you suggesting CC take BOB inhouse to ensure it gets updated & functionality is compatable with site changes?

3) use add ons in test site to notice this ahead of time and notify only specific developers that are needed to fix (again efore hand)

Icepack - Seriously. Can you stop using common sense and logic when discussing in the forums? You really want a business to care about their customers? What kind of capitalistic person are you where a delivered good is based on customer wants?

Also, why does it seem as though the non-BOB users almost enjoy when it becomes unusable?

for the same reason Funniest Home Videos is a hit.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby NoSurvivors on Fri May 03, 2013 6:36 am

IcePack wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:Though BOB is useful, I think people are being a bit dramatic over it.. if you don't know the map, why are you playing it? Snapshots? I don't use em, and I still do well. Therefore; stop whining like a bunch of little girls (no offense to the little girls on the site if there are any lol), and wait a while. It will be changed back. You just have to have this thing called "patience"..

This has nothing to do with attack paths / not knowing the maps or snapshots.

Lol my clicking the maps (and yes, I have BOB) works fine, so I don't understand you.. maybe you should look to see the logic behind "waiting". They will fix it eventually. Be patient.. :roll:
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby Big Whiskey on Fri May 03, 2013 7:08 pm

As asked a few pages ago,any chance of putting the snapshots back on top of all maps?
General Big Whiskey

Postby greenoaks on Fri May 03, 2013 8:02 pm

Big Whiskey wrote:As asked a few pages ago,any chance of putting the snapshots back on top of all maps?

what does that have to do with Conquer Club? last time i checked that was a third-party script.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby patrickaa317 on Fri May 03, 2013 11:02 pm

greenoaks wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:
IcePack wrote:
greenoaks wrote:
IcePack wrote:
spiesr wrote:If you turn BOB off you can click the map successfully...

for the same reason Funniest Home Videos is a hit.

Because the majority of viewers like watching people get hit in the nuts? Reminds me of Idiocracy with the "Ow my balls" show.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby IcePack on Sat May 04, 2013 9:08 am

greenoaks wrote:
Big Whiskey wrote:As asked a few pages ago,any chance of putting the snapshots back on top of all maps?

what does that have to do with Conquer Club? last time i checked that was a third-party script.

It has to do with their customer experience.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby greenoaks on Sat May 04, 2013 9:11 am

IcePack wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

then take your concerns to the manufacturer of the product. CC does not control, produce or design BOB.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby IcePack on Sat May 04, 2013 9:19 am

greenoaks wrote:
IcePack wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

then take your concerns to the manufacturer of the product. CC does not control, produce or design BOB.

Again, thats very short sided position to take.

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby patrickaa317 on Sat May 04, 2013 10:22 am

greenoaks wrote:
IcePack wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

Correct but a majority of their customer base uses it and very well may not stick around without it.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Sat May 04, 2013 3:57 pm

Gilligan wrote:
Butters1919 wrote:
Gilligan wrote:
Butters1919 wrote:
and here:

rds has said that this is unchangeable.

That's unfortunate. Then why not change the name of the medals to diamond for consistency?

Yeah, it is unfortunate.

I can't answer that question. :)

rdsrds2120 wrote:
There's no UI friendly way to edit them, and they can only be changed manually in the database by the Head Web Developer, which isn't something we'd want him to use his time on. That said, I've been working with blake to try and make things easier for us UI-side.

BMO

Not impossible. :)

Also, only medals given before the update shows the wrong name, Not all of them
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby greenoaks on Sat May 04, 2013 5:36 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
greenoaks wrote:
IcePack wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

Correct but a majority of their customer base uses it and very well may not stick around without it.

do you have stats to back this up or just plucked it out of your arse?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby NoSurvivors on Sat May 04, 2013 6:12 pm

greenoaks wrote:do you have stats to back this up or just plucked it out of your arse?

I smell arse..

oh wait.. that's me..
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby patrickaa317 on Sat May 04, 2013 7:24 pm

greenoaks wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:
greenoaks wrote:
IcePack wrote:
greenoaks wrote:what does that have to do with Conquer Club? last time i checked that was a third-party script.

do you have stats to back this up or just plucked it out of your arse?

No hard stats but seeing how much paying customers discuss this, I would be comfortable in an assumption that majority of premium members utilize BOB to some extent. Perhaps not all the time but for easily learning new maps, taking snap shots to share with team, or any of the other benefits it has with it.

Do you have some stats proving otherwise? Especially being the driving force saying that CC shouldn't even take it into consideration when making updates or coordinating a synchronized, seamless release if possible.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby agentcom on Sat May 04, 2013 8:10 pm

IIRC, the actual proportion of users that use BOB is much lower than you'd think. I forget where/when/why/how I saw this info, but I was surprised about it when I did. Something far, far below 50%. Forum goers often confuse other forum goers as being representative of the CC population. I wouldn't be surprised if close to 50% of the regular forum commentators use it though.

Also, rjhankey thank you for "stumbling" on that fix. I had been wondering why I wasn't affected. (P.S. team players should have that function selected, for sure)
Colonel agentcom

Postby blakebowling on Mon May 13, 2013 4:16 pm

iamkoolerthanu wrote:
Gilligan wrote:
Butters1919 wrote:
Gilligan wrote:
Butters1919 wrote:
and here:

That's unfortunate. Then why not change the name of the medals to diamond for consistency?

Yeah, it is unfortunate.

rdsrds2120 wrote:
There's no UI friendly way to edit them, and they can only be changed manually in the database by the Head Web Developer, which isn't something we'd want him to use his time on. That said, I've been working with blake to try and make things easier for us UI-side.

BMO

Fixed.

(All the reasons that used to say 'Diamond' should now say 'Platinum')
Private blakebowling

Postby Lindax on Mon May 13, 2013 5:07 pm

blakebowling wrote:
iamkoolerthanu wrote:
Gilligan wrote:
Butters1919 wrote:
Gilligan wrote:
Butters1919 wrote:
and here:

Yeah, it is unfortunate.

rdsrds2120 wrote:

BMO

Fixed.

What a shame, I liked "Diamond" better. :D

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Major Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby rdsrds2120 on Mon May 13, 2013 6:02 pm

Thanks, blake!

BMO
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby Butters1919 on Tue May 14, 2013 10:30 am

rdsrds2120 wrote:Thanks, blake!

BMO

Getting there!
Cook Butters1919

Postby rdsrds2120 on Tue May 14, 2013 3:01 pm

Butters1919 wrote:
rdsrds2120 wrote:Thanks, blake!

BMO

Getting there!

I think blake being aboard will help a ton. Beforehand, we didn't have programmers that were familiar with CC at all. Blake coming onto the team helps make an empathetic presence among us for understanding/implementing/fixing appropriate updates. He's doing stellar!

BMO

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Tue May 14, 2013 3:22 pm

Lindax wrote:
blakebowling wrote:
Fixed.

Lx

I personally prefer Platinum for the new level. It leaves it open for another level to be added later on called Diamond.
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby blakebowling on Wed May 15, 2013 9:59 pm

-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:
Lindax wrote:
blakebowling wrote:
Fixed.

Lx

I personally prefer Platinum for the new level. It leaves it open for another level to be added later on called Diamond.

My thoughts exactly ;)
Private blakebowling

Postby greenoaks on Thu May 16, 2013 4:39 am

blakebowling wrote:Fixed.

Sergeant greenoaks

Postby rdsrds2120 on Fri May 17, 2013 12:38 pm

Update:

Hello, everyone! Please welcome the long waited for addition of the CC Time Clock! It will be on the top right corner of every page so that you will always know what time it is for events that we hold, and it will probably help some of you coordinate your turns! Thanks to our awesome development team for getting this out, and to Doctor Spin for suggesting this back in 2010! Best,

BMO

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives