Conquer Club

jacobsgold [warned] roberto77 [cleared]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

jacobsgold [warned] roberto77 [cleared]

Postby nietzsche on Sat May 04, 2013 2:42 pm

Filling the details later, just want them to see I will fill the report.

Accused:

jacobsgold
roberto77

The accused are suspected of:

Secret Diplomacy

Game number(s):

Game 12714164

Comments: From the beginning they only attacked each other if they were in the bonus they were going to hold, after that they didn't attack each other, only 1 or 2 territories when I raised my suspicion. Green could see red was strengthening his position and had chance of getting strong to stop him (trench game) but nah, decided to attack me, and I was not a threat, as you can see in game chat I left 1s on his borders.

So I decided to move to a side, after all it's a trench game, but no, they both followed me and attacked me, Red in Germany and Green in Russia. At ony point i was able to see Green had a stack of 40 next to red, and didn't use it.

Finally, even though Red had the game won, because of his bonuses and positions, he deadbeated giving the game to Green, although he was online all the time and I left a message on his wall.

Check their other games together, other players think the same.

If no further evidence is found by the mods, at least this deserves a Note.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Re: jacobsgold & roberto77

Postby clangfield on Sat May 04, 2013 4:34 pm

nietzsche wrote:Filling the details later, just want them to see I will fill the report.

Accused:

jacobsgold
roberto77

Secret Diplomacy

Game number(s):

Game 12714164

Comments: From the beginning they only attacked each other if they were in the bonus they were going to hold, after that they didn't attack each other, only 1 or 2 territories when I raised my suspicion. Green could see red was strengthening his position and had chance of getting strong to stop him (trench game) but nah, decided to attack me, and I was not a threat, as you can see in game chat I left 1s on his borders.

So I decided to move to a side, after all it's a trench game, but no, they both followed me and attacked me, Red in Germany and Green in Russia. At ony point i was able to see Green had a stack of 40 next to red, and didn't use it.

Finally, even though Red had the game won, because of his bonuses and positions, he deadbeated giving the game to Green, although he was online all the time and I left a message on his wall.

And of course, there's absolutely nothing wrong with this:
2013-05-04 20:15:27 - nietzsche: im going to deadbeat

Or this, in a fog game:
2013-05-04 20:15:51 - nietzsche: saint pts is open

Or this (being as this is an abuse forum):

2013-05-04 20:08:25 - nietzsche: retarded

and this:
2013-05-04 19:57:18 - nietzsche: putana
it means 'slut' in Spanish and breaks the rule about game chat being in an understandable language, as does:
2013-05-04 19:59:26 - nietzsche: porca troia

I'm not saying whether or not the accused are cheating - but you might like to have a look in the mirror before accusing too many of breaking any rules... :roll:
Lieutenant clangfield

Postby nietzsche on Sat May 04, 2013 5:15 pm

clangfield wrote:
nietzsche wrote:Filling the details later, just want them to see I will fill the report.

Accused:

jacobsgold
roberto77

Secret Diplomacy

Game number(s):

Game 12714164

And of course, there's absolutely nothing wrong with this:
2013-05-04 20:15:27 - nietzsche: im going to deadbeat

Or this, in a fog game:
2013-05-04 20:15:51 - nietzsche: saint pts is open

Or this (being as this is an abuse forum):

2013-05-04 20:08:25 - nietzsche: retarded

and this:
2013-05-04 19:57:18 - nietzsche: putana
it means 'slut' in Spanish and breaks the rule about game chat being in an understandable language, as does:
2013-05-04 19:59:26 - nietzsche: porca troia

I'm not saying whether or not the accused are cheating - but you might like to have a look in the mirror before accusing too many of breaking any rules... :roll:

i didn't break the rules, did i?

putana, porca troia? i've seen much worse, and it was at the begining of the game, i was going to joke with the italian guy, check my games with italians, i always say the same things, all i know in italian

and the rest it was bluffing, trying to change the course of the game, as both were attacking me.

so, tell me, did I break the rules?

"too many"?

btw, st. petersburg was not open, i had a stack of 40 next to it. i was bluffing, and revealing fog might be of bad taste to some but it's not breaking the rules.
General nietzsche

Postby clangfield on Sun May 05, 2013 3:34 am

Just because you've seen worse, it doesn't make what you say acceptable.
"Retarded" is certainly not a nice thing to say as an insult, and insulting in another language doesn't make it any better.
I suppose, to be technical, the rule is "Any form of diplomatic discussion between opponents must only be posted in the game chat in English or in a language that all opponents understand" - and it's arguable whether insults count as "diplomatic discussion", so you may get let off on a technicality.
Let's say I don't see their game play being any more questionable than your game chat.
Lieutenant clangfield

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun May 05, 2013 5:41 am

Similar thing happened in Game 12597543. Never thought anything of it at the time, simply assuming they were bad players.

Of the nine games these two have played together, seven of them were created by jacobsgold, and six of those were three player games on Europe 1914 with various settings, all foggy but one. Of these six games roberto77 has won five and jacobsgold won one.

Game 12714164 - against nietzsche
Game 12678656 - likely something fishy happened based on patinstinct's reaction
Game 12597543 - against me where I questioned their moves
Game 12501003 - jacobsgold deadbeats again
Game 12493447 - jacobsgold deadbeats again
Game 12279992 - roberto77 doesn't make any attempt to stop jacobsgold

It certainly looks like there is an arrangement of some kind here, especially with jacobsgold constantly deadbeating. I haven't got the time to check now but I wonder if he regularly deadbeats other games or not.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby king achilles on Mon May 06, 2013 6:48 am

Looking at jacobsgold's games, it looks like he has a knack in making and joining speed games in succession and probably gives up once he sees he that he doesn't have any chance in winning the game. I don't think he has a secret alliance with roberto77 as he also has a number of games with other same players and he also deadbeated on them a few times.

Roberto77 is cleared. Jacobsgold has also been cleared of this SD report but has been warned for Intentional deadbeating.
Sergeant king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby nietzsche on Mon May 06, 2013 3:30 pm

king achilles wrote:Looking at jacobsgold's games, it looks like he has a knack in making and joining speed games in succession and probably gives up once he sees he that he doesn't have any chance in winning the game. I don't think he has a secret alliance with roberto77 as he also has a number of games with other same players and he also deadbeated on them a few times.

Roberto77 is cleared. Jacobsgold has also been cleared of this SD report but has been warned for Intentional deadbeating.

Except tha jacobsgold would have won, he had the game in his pocket with france, italy and england as bonuses...
General nietzsche

Return to Closed C&A Reports