Conquer Club

Round Limit Result

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Round Limit Result

Postby draza123 on Sun May 12, 2013 3:29 pm

What happens in the event of a round limit being reached? Is the game a tie? Does the person with the most regions win?
Cook draza123

Re: Round Limit Result

Postby Dukasaur on Sun May 12, 2013 5:26 pm

draza123 wrote:What happens in the event of a round limit being reached? Is the game a tie? Does the person with the most regions win?

The player with the most troops.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby SirSebstar on Mon May 13, 2013 9:34 am

draza123 wrote:What happens in the event of a round limit being reached? Is the game a tie? Does the person with the most regions win?

Round Limit

With round limits, the game will automatically finish at the end of the specified round. The winner will be the surviving player with the most troops. If there is a tie, it will be broken based on the most regions. If there is still a tie, the winner is selected based on join order. When playing a round limited game with teams, the winning team will be based on combined teamwide troop count. This option is great for avoiding stalemates and can add some spice to the game as the deadline approaches!

http://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?m ... tructions3
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby draza123 on Mon May 13, 2013 9:09 pm

Awesome! Thanks for your answers!
Cook draza123

Postby ATLBravosfan on Thu May 23, 2013 11:33 pm

SirSebstar wrote:

Round Limit

With round limits, the game will automatically finish at the end of the specified round. The winner will be the surviving player with the most troops. If there is a tie, it will be broken based on the most regions. If there is still a tie, the winner is selected based on join order. When playing a round limited game with teams, the winning team will be based on combined teamwide troop count. This option is great for avoiding stalemates and can add some spice to the game as the deadline approaches!

I'm sorry, why is 'join order' the third tie-breaker? It seems that that one has nothing to do with the game that was just played other than luck... or troops deployed during the game? Or troops killed? There are so many options to consider, 'join order' would probably be my last option for a tie-breaker, even behind just rolling some dice to see who wins a final battle. I'd probably even rather a draw be called and the other player's points be given to both teams/players.
Brigadier ATLBravosfan

Postby Jippd on Fri May 24, 2013 2:03 am

ATLBravosfan wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:

Round Limit

I'm sorry, why is 'join order' the third tie-breaker? It seems that that one has nothing to do with the game that was just played other than luck... or troops deployed during the game? Or troops killed? There are so many options to consider, 'join order' would probably be my last option for a tie-breaker, even behind just rolling some dice to see who wins a final battle. I'd probably even rather a draw be called and the other player's points be given to both teams/players.

It would probably be a lot harder to determine your other options in terms of coding needed to figure it out. Though I agree troops deployed sounds like a better third place tie breaker decision.

The chances that there is a troop count and region count tie probably rarely happens.
Major Jippd

Return to Conquer Club Discussion