Conquer Club

ObamaCare - exchanges ,report your states options!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: ObamaCare: Now we can see what's in it

Postby Phatscotty on Sat May 11, 2013 11:57 am

Phatscotty wrote:the efficiency of the court system, combined with the compassion of the IRS

This is what is happening today, I only wish Andy's posts had some kind of purpose, other than to mock the victims of official tyranny and blatant discrimination. That what everyone needs to realize. These phonies go an and on about equality, but when it comes to getting even, and getting revenge, they don't give a damn about equality.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... n/2149939/
Lois Lerner, who heads the IRS unit that oversees tax-exempt groups, said organizations that included the words "tea party" or "patriot" in their applications for tax-exempt status were singled out for additional reviews.
Major Phatscotty

Postby AndyDufresne on Sat May 11, 2013 12:07 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Wibbly wobbly

I've always wondered what it is like to live from manufactured issue to issue. I feel it is probably a lot like this:

ImageImage
ImageImage

--Andy

You can't bury my post that easy, PS!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat May 11, 2013 12:24 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:

I've always wondered what it is like to live from manufactured issue to issue. I feel it is probably a lot like this:

ImageImage
ImageImage

--Andy

The top right is the best.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Phatscotty on Sat May 11, 2013 12:24 pm

Your post means nothing. You can't bury nothing, but you can be paranoid people are trying to bury your nothingness.
Major Phatscotty

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat May 11, 2013 12:34 pm

Phatscotty wrote:Its stake wants to say not anything. They not cannot bury anything, but they can be algums in the paranoid one of person, that experiences the buried-no its empty one.

Ackuna!
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Phatscotty on Sat May 11, 2013 1:11 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Its stake wants to say not anything. They not cannot bury anything, but they can be algums in the paranoid one of person, that experiences the buried-no its empty one.

Ackuna!

Any comment on the IRS specifically targeting Tea Party groups? It seems like you are siding with the IRS on this one
Major Phatscotty

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat May 11, 2013 1:22 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

Ackuna!

Any comment on the IRS specifically targeting Tea Party groups? It seems like you are siding with the IRS on this one

Hold on. Lemme post an equally stupid picture.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Phatscotty on Sat May 11, 2013 1:52 pm

Here, let me save you the time on a stupid picture that has nothing to do with the discussion.

Now that that's taken care of....why is the picture the issue to you? You seem to be afraid to touch the topic matter. Why is that. Do you work for the IRS? What do you think about the IRS discriminating against certain groups? Do you think the IRS when fully in control of Obamacare, will continue discriminating against certain people and groups?

To other people who may think it's great that the Tea Party was singled out by the IRS, I have a bit of information for you that you might not have realized yet....and that is Obama will not be president forever. There will be a Republican president in the future, who will also have power and influence over the IRS and who it targets. To those people, you might want to pull your head out of your ass now rather than later.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 11, 2013 2:37 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:

Phatscotty is no James T. Kirk.

Phatscotty is more like...Harry Mudd.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 11, 2013 2:38 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:the efficiency of the court system, combined with the compassion of the IRS

This is what is happening today, I only wish Andy's posts had some kind of purpose, other than to mock the victims of official tyranny and blatant discrimination. That what everyone needs to realize. These phonies go an and on about equality, but when it comes to getting even, and getting revenge, they don't give a damn about equality.

It's interesting that you don't seem to be particularly concerned about "official tyranny", "blatant discrimination" or "equality" unless it happens to be a situation that you agree with. Otherwise, you seem to be all for it. Isn't that interesting? I find that very interesting.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 11, 2013 2:39 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:The top right is the best.

Dude, that was a HUGE box. Only James T. Kirk could have leaped over
it with such agility!

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 11, 2013 2:41 pm

Phatscotty wrote:To other people who may think it's great that the Tea Party was singled out by the IRS, I have a bit of information for you that you might not have realized yet....and that is Obama will not be president forever. There will be a Republican president in the future, who will also have power and influence over the IRS and who it targets. To those people, you might want to pull your head out of your ass now rather than later.

[phatscotty voice]Yeah, but they'll only want to pick on poor people, so no problem![/phatscotty voice]

Re: ObamaCare: Enforced by the IRS

Postby Phatscotty on Sat May 11, 2013 5:20 pm

It gets worse. I wonder what else they have been doing?

Senior Internal Revenue Service officials knew agents were targeting tea party groups as early as 2011, according to a draft of an inspector general's report obtained by The Associated Press that seemingly contradicts public statements by the IRS commissioner.

The IRS apologized Friday for what it acknowledged was "inappropriate" targeting of conservative political groups during the 2012 election to see if they were violating their tax-exempt status. The agency blamed low-level employees, saying no high-level officials were aware.

But on June 29, 2011, Lois G. Lerner, who heads the IRS division that oversees tax-exempt organizations, learned at a meeting that groups were being targeted, according to the watchdog's report. At the meeting, she was told that groups with "Tea Party," "Patriot" or "9/12 Project" in their names were being flagged for additional and often burdensome scrutiny, the report says.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-575 ... than-2012/

Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Phatscotty wrote:It gets worse. I wonder what else they have been doing?

Senior Internal Revenue Service officials knew agents were targeting tea party groups as early as 2011, according to a draft of an inspector general's report obtained by The Associated Press that seemingly contradicts public statements by the IRS commissioner.

The IRS apologized Friday for what it acknowledged was "inappropriate" targeting of conservative political groups during the 2012 election to see if they were violating their tax-exempt status. The agency blamed low-level employees, saying no high-level officials were aware.

But on June 29, 2011, Lois G. Lerner, who heads the IRS division that oversees tax-exempt organizations, learned at a meeting that groups were being targeted, according to the watchdog's report. At the meeting, she was told that groups with "Tea Party," "Patriot" or "9/12 Project" in their names were being flagged for additional and often burdensome scrutiny, the report says.

And yet through all of this, the "tyranny that Phatscotty favors" goes unmentioned...

Postby AndyDufresne on Sat May 11, 2013 9:02 pm

Phatscotty wrote:...you might want to pull your head out of your ass now rather than later.

--Andy

Postby john9blue on Sun May 12, 2013 10:27 am

i wonder if 1-year-ago-andy would ban current andy

i'm thinking probably yes
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun May 12, 2013 12:16 pm

john9blue wrote:i wonder if 1-year-ago-andy would ban current andy

i'm thinking probably yes

I have it on good authority I probably wouldn't. I think the Discussions Mods know I probably wouldn't either. But of course, they have new leaders now so its all a crapshoot! ;)

--Andy

Postby john9blue on Mon May 13, 2013 1:08 am

AndyDufresne wrote:crapshoot!

you mean like this?

Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
Captain john9blue

Postby Phatscotty on Mon May 13, 2013 1:56 am

the scope of the targeting keeps broadening... Pretty clear who they think the enemy is. I suppose you guys won't care until 4 years from now you learn that President Jeb Bush, cultural secretary Pat Buchanon and Communication secretary Rush Limbaugh, with the full power of the IRS in their hands, are officially targeting and harassing groups who teach certain philosophies on "equality", and the government will have a lot more power then too. Oh, but there is no way they would do stuff like this when it comes to enforcing Obamacare.

At various points over the past two years, Internal Revenue Service officials targeted nonprofit groups that sought to educate Americans about the U.S. Constitution

The documents, obtained by The Washington Post from a congressional aide with knowledge of the findings, show that on June 29, 2011, IRS staffers held a briefing with senior agency official Lois G. Lerner in which they described giving special attention to instances where “statements in the case file criticize how the country is being run.” Lerner, who oversees tax-exempt groups for the agency, raised objections and the agency revised its criteria a week later.

On Jan. 15, 2012 the agency decided to target “political action type organizations involved in limiting/expanding Government, educating on the Constitution and Bill of Rights, social economic reform movement.,” according to the appendix in the IG report, which was requested by the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee and has yet to be released.

The new revelations are likely to intensify criticism of the IRS, which has been under fire since agency officials acknowledged they had deliberately targeted groups with “tea party” or “patriot” in their name for heightened scrutiny.

justifiable profiling?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/pos ... port-says/
Major Phatscotty

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon May 13, 2013 9:16 am

On a related note, the Federation does not have an IRS in the future, so there is nothing to worry about in a few years.

--Andy

Postby thegreekdog on Tue May 14, 2013 7:30 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:

ImageImage
ImageImage

--Andy

I like bottom left (since he exhibits his athleticism by jumping over the rock twice).
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Woodruff on Tue May 14, 2013 11:31 am

thegreekdog wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:

ImageImage
ImageImage

--Andy

I like bottom left (since he exhibits his athleticism by jumping over the rock twice).

That's a hole, not a rock. Geez...you Star Warsians are so slow!

Postby PLAYER57832 on Tue May 14, 2013 3:51 pm

Phatscotty wrote:It gets worse. I wonder what else they have been doing?

First, what on earth does this have to do with the healthcare reform act... the supposed TOPIC of this thread??????

Seems like, as usual, you prefer an "anything to attack Obama" rhetoric over any kind of real thought.

Among the issues you fialed to mention...

Obama specifically declaring that if groups were targeted, it is "simply unacceptable".
NO group was denied approval.

Beyond that, once you get past the hoopla, its not quite the witch hunt you and many conservatives like to pretend. It was stupid and certainly gave the appearance of partisanship, even if, as those involved seem to assert it was not. The story (and note, this is what they are saying, not my opinion on this at all!) is that they had many, many applications and sought to find some shortcuts to identify those groups who were legitimately tax exempt and those that were not. The key difference is how much political activity. For the "best" status, you have to be completely a social service organization with no political activity. For the other status, the one these groups applied to get, you can have some political activity, but it cannot be most of the purpose of the group. The exact lines are being fought, changed, so that is yet another difficulty.

Anyway, if you want a quick way to find out which groups are political, back in 2011 particularly, keying in on new groups with the names of "Tea Party", "Patriot" and other rhetoric terms bandied about by political groups is not a terrible idea. Of course, they should have certainly identified groups across the spectrum, not just give the appearance of targeting one political view. That was wrong. Still, I would also wager that at that particular point in time, there were far, far more conservative leaning groups emerging. Liberals largely have "had their day", already have established groups.

BUT... yet another issue, IF the stories are to be believed (and that is a BIG "if"), then this is yet another case of folks trying to do more with less... or, in other words, the IRS agents committing these errors did so in an effort to try and do exactly what you constnatly demand of government... more efficiency!

Now, note specifically that I am not saying this last bit to in any way justify what happened. I think they screwed up, and big time. Still... to pretend that these folks are not facing huge pressure to do more with less and that that pressure contributed to this, is well, disengenius.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby john9blue on Tue May 14, 2013 6:47 pm

Woodruff wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:I like bottom left (since he exhibits his athleticism by jumping over the rock twice).

That's a hole, not a rock. Geez...you Star Warsians are so slow!

thank god, i thought i was going crazy when he said it was a rock
Captain john9blue

Re: ObamaCare

Postby Night Strike on Tue May 14, 2013 6:58 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:First, what on earth does this have to do with the healthcare reform act... the supposed TOPIC of this thread??????

The IRS is the primary enforcer of Obamacare. You would think some one who oodles over the law would know that.

PLAYER57832 wrote:Obama specifically declaring that if groups were targeted, it is "simply unacceptable".

It's amazing how you believe everything he says. It's only "simply unacceptable" to him because they got caught.

It's also amazing how you will apologize for any governmental program, no matter whether it breaks the law or violates Constitutional rights, if your favored political people are in power. At least it's finally clear to everybody that you're nothing more than a progressive hack. You would never have made these same comments if Bush or Romney were president.
Major Night Strike

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,