Conquer Club

Landmines

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Landmines

Postby Fazeem on Tue May 14, 2013 1:15 pm

A setting That randomly generates deadly territories to move from or to.

It could be made to generate a fixed set of territs based on individual map that would automatically turn Neutral if a player either attacks from or to said territ. Could also Work on reinforcement if a player moves to or from a territ that was mined all troops that moved to the territ would be gone. IN the attacking aspect it would need to work like a failed Auto dice battles so that all troops from attacking territ that could have potentially moved to mined territ are lost and in defending or reinforcements aspect mined territs become neutral as a result of any activity.

Another Potentially defining Gameplay option that invites new Strategy for all that play it.
Last edited by Fazeem on Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lieutenant Fazeem

Re: Fog Landmines

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue May 14, 2013 7:19 pm

I love it.

With the caveat that victory condition squares and starting locations can't be landmines.

Also, it makes more sense if it works the same way as other killer neutrals - you lose the troops at the start of the next turn. This sounds like a potential major update, which will probably take a couple of years before we see it, but it is a great idea.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby greenoaks on Tue May 14, 2013 9:36 pm

why does it have to be Fog only?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby agentcom on Wed May 15, 2013 1:20 am

greenoaks wrote:why does it have to be Fog only?

Agree completely.

So, are those territs coded into the map? If so, there is a suggestion out there for random territory activity. If not, then are the landmine territs selected once per game or do they change every round?

I'm not sure I completely understand your suggestion. Would it work on small maps like Doodle? Picture an assassin doodle game where each player only gets 2 territs. If one of those (and I think the max on doodle would be to have 1 or 2 landmine territs) was the landmine, then his assassin has an almost automatic win, right?

Could you clarify how exactly this works?

show: sort of related idea
Colonel agentcom

Postby Fazeem on Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:55 am

given some of the responses and doing some logical thinking I do not see why this would have to be a fog only feature as it could work out with fog not being present( I just love Fog lol) I would say that they should be random based on the beginning of the game and that it might not work on a p like doodle if there are too many players given someone would be able to eliminate them self from jump with one move but then the same could be said for assassin on doodle earth with so many players so I am up in the air on it lol. As to how it works the premise is based on a landmine so activty is the defining factor if noone move against or to said territ nothing happens but if they attack from or or to said territ then it goes off like a land mine for an attacker this would be losing all potential attacking troops from the attacking territ leaving the single troop minimum on the attacking territ while the territ being attacked which has the land mine turns neutral 1 after the landmine has went off it no longer is active the rest of the game. On land mined games players would have to pay close attention to how many mines are generated for the map and make sure they send out mining teams to clear a path to the opposition. Given in real life a landmine field can hurt either side and the mechanics of the game play would be similar to both nuclear with out the cards and a failed auto assault with out the stop till 1 troop I do not believe it would be hard to code and yet another new simple dimension of gameplay would be achieved with minimal change to site dynamics.
Lieutenant Fazeem

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:49 pm

This is similar to my random bombardments idea. But it is a great way to add a random luck element to a game. Would also make stacking one player in a team game a lot more risky. But I would keep all regions open to attack as we can already have that in nukes games. Just another unpredictable element.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Fazeem on Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:58 pm

Fazeem wrote:given some of the responses and doing some logical thinking I do not see why this would have to be a fog only feature as it could work out with fog not being present( I just love Fog lol) I would say that they should be random based on the beginning of the game and that it might not work on a p like doodle if there are too many players given someone would be able to eliminate them self from jump with one move but then the same could be said for assassin on doodle earth with so many players so I am up in the air on it lol. As to how it works the premise is based on a landmine so activty is the defining factor if noone move against or to said territ nothing happens but if they attack from or or to said territ then it goes off like a land mine for an attacker this would be losing all potential attacking troops from the attacking territ leaving the single troop minimum on the attacking territ while the territ being attacked which has the land mine turns neutral 1 after the landmine has went off it no longer is active the rest of the game. On land mined games players would have to pay close attention to how many mines are generated for the map and make sure they send out mining teams to clear a path to the opposition. Given in real life a landmine field can hurt either side and the mechanics of the game play would be similar to both nuclear with out the cards and a failed auto assault with out the stop till 1 troop I do not believe it would be hard to code and yet another new simple dimension of gameplay would be achieved with minimal change to site dynamics.

Quoted and readdressed for new debate?
Lieutenant Fazeem

Return to Suggestions