Conquer Club

most corrupt administration in the history of the US

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: most corrupt administration in the history of the US

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed May 15, 2013 8:53 pm

ooge wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
ooge wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
ooge wrote:instead of voter ID law how about a test to see if you understand simple U.S. history. it seems to me there was an administration that sold weapons to a country that was a sworn enemy of the US.supplying the enemy with weapons is treason.Why republicans look at Ronald Reagan the same way a child looks at Superman I will never know.

Which administration are you talking about? Reagan? Bush I? Clinton? Bush II? Obama?

Cause I'm pretty sure all of those administrations have done it.

Reagan obviously,if you have proof of others supply it.

Done (but only Presidents Clinton and Obama):

http://www.fas.org/asmp/library/articles/actmay95.html
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-04-2 ... ia-and-uae
http://www.forbes.com/sites/lorenthomps ... gn-policy/

To be fair, right now Israel, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates aren't enemies of the United States.

Bud,you just wasted my time there,I was looking for sworn enemies of the US in these articles I did not find any.

So selling weapons to despotic regimes as bad as Saddam Hussein's is totally fine with you?

If not, how do such sales affect the images of those presidents? (Certainly can't be a positive image--as much as people try to reinvent their favored presidents, e.g. Obama).
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby patrickaa317 on Wed May 15, 2013 9:03 pm

Woodruff wrote:What gets me is this...there are plenty of things that Obama has done that are seriously bad, even to the point that I would consider to be impeachment-worthy. But Benghazi isn't one of them. It just isn't.

I'd agree that Benghazi is not impeachment worthy though I think the administration definitely screwed the pooch on it. Would you agree? And it's crazy there isn't more publicity about the fact that not only did some corruption occur but that for one of the first times in the history of America, we didn't go in to save our own whether it was a long shot at success or not. We don't leave Americans behind, ever. Let alone an ambassador which is equivalent to a 4 star general in diplomatic rank (could be wrong on that comment, don't quote me).

If they had came out right away and said "we underestimated intelligence reports and four good Americans died, which we deeply, deeply regret". It would have sucked but the way this was handled was bad on many levels. I would have given credit for honesty though I would have probably criticized them for underestimating those reports. If it wasn't within months of the election, I wonder how it would have been handled.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby thegreekdog on Wed May 15, 2013 9:47 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
ooge wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
ooge wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
ooge wrote:instead of voter ID law how about a test to see if you understand simple U.S. history. it seems to me there was an administration that sold weapons to a country that was a sworn enemy of the US.supplying the enemy with weapons is treason.Why republicans look at Ronald Reagan the same way a child looks at Superman I will never know.

Which administration are you talking about? Reagan? Bush I? Clinton? Bush II? Obama?

To be fair, right now Israel, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates aren't enemies of the United States.

Bud,you just wasted my time there,I was looking for sworn enemies of the US in these articles I did not find any.

So selling weapons to despotic regimes as bad as Saddam Hussein's is totally fine with you?

If not, how do such sales affect the images of those presidents? (Certainly can't be a positive image--as much as people try to reinvent their favored presidents, e.g. Obama).

You know how you don't really argue with Phatscotty because he's so ridiculously over-the-top partisan? Oooge fits that description as well.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby thegreekdog on Wed May 15, 2013 9:50 pm

Woodruff wrote:I was a classified military network system administrator during Iran-Contra. I know a lot about it. Essentially, there was an arms embargo against Iran, and our government arranged to get arms to them in an effort to secure the release of our hostages and in the hope of sending the money to those fighting Communism in Nicaragua.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I'm saying there was a reason for it, just like there are reasons why we are supporting the Arab Spring uprisings or selling weapons to countries whose leaders routinely violate human rights and/or will eventually be fighting us. It's not like the Reagan administration said "let's sell some weapons to Iran and see what happens" (although, that was kind of what it was).

In any event, my comparisons are valid.

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed May 15, 2013 9:59 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
You know how you don't really argue with Phatscotty because he's so ridiculously over-the-top partisan? Oooge fits that description as well.

Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Phatscotty on Wed May 15, 2013 10:04 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
ooge wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
ooge wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

:lol: You just can't help yourself, can you? It's not my fault what you think is wrong.
Last edited by Phatscotty on Wed May 15, 2013 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Wed May 15, 2013 10:05 pm

Obama Approval Rating - How low will he go?

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows that 49% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Obama's job performance. Forty-nine percent (49%) now disapprove.

Today’s figures include 26% who Strongly Approve of the way Obama is performing as president and 39% who Strongly Disapprove. This gives him a Presidential Approval Index rating of -13
Major Phatscotty

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu May 16, 2013 9:18 am

Phatscotty wrote: :lol: You just can't help yourself, can you? It's not my fault what you think is wrong.

ImageImage

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby thegreekdog on Thu May 16, 2013 10:28 am

Phatscotty wrote:You just can't help yourself, can you? It's not my fault what you think is wrong.

I was making a point to Woodruff that he thinks you're partisan. Really has nothing to do with you (sorry).

Not that it matters, but I think you are partisan, not consistent in your arguments, and unknowledgeable about the subjects you argue. I agree with you on more than a few things, but your argument style is atrocious. You need to go to debate school or something.

Postby muy_thaiguy on Thu May 16, 2013 11:12 am

thegreekdog wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:You just can't help yourself, can you? It's not my fault what you think is wrong.

I was making a point to Woodruff that he thinks you're partisan. Really has nothing to do with you (sorry).

Not that it matters, but I think you are partisan, not consistent in your arguments, and unknowledgeable about the subjects you argue. I agree with you on more than a few things, but your argument style is atrocious. You need to go to debate school or something.

CC IS debate school. And like any school, it has its honor roll students, average students, and punk ass bitch students that think they know what they're doing/saying but tend to fail or come off as punk-ass bitches.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby Woodruff on Thu May 16, 2013 11:17 am

patrickaa317 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:What gets me is this...there are plenty of things that Obama has done that are seriously bad, even to the point that I would consider to be impeachment-worthy. But Benghazi isn't one of them. It just isn't.

I'd agree that Benghazi is not impeachment worthy though I think the administration definitely screwed the pooch on it. Would you agree?

I would agree that it definitely appears that way, yes.

patrickaa317 wrote:And it's crazy there isn't more publicity about the fact that not only did some corruption occur

I'm not convinced of the corruption angle, to be honest.

patrickaa317 wrote:If they had came out right away and said "we underestimated intelligence reports and four good Americans died, which we deeply, deeply regret". It would have sucked but the way this was handled was bad on many levels. I would have given credit for honesty though I would have probably criticized them for underestimating those reports.

I agree completely.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Woodruff on Thu May 16, 2013 11:18 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
ooge wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
ooge wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

At the time, was Saddam someone who was working for our interests? I'm pretty sure he was.

Don't get me wrong...I have long held that we supply our own eventual enemies, so I'm certainly not trying to justify that. But selling to an actual current enemy is a far different thing in my view.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Woodruff on Thu May 16, 2013 11:20 am

thegreekdog wrote:
Woodruff wrote:I was a classified military network system administrator during Iran-Contra. I know a lot about it. Essentially, there was an arms embargo against Iran, and our government arranged to get arms to them in an effort to secure the release of our hostages and in the hope of sending the money to those fighting Communism in Nicaragua.

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I'm saying there was a reason for it, just like there are reasons why we are supporting the Arab Spring uprisings or selling weapons to countries whose leaders routinely violate human rights and/or will eventually be fighting us. It's not like the Reagan administration said "let's sell some weapons to Iran and see what happens" (although, that was kind of what it was).

Of course he wasn't, and I'm not saying that there wasn't some political reason for it. However...

thegreekdog wrote:In any event, my comparisons are valid.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, given the status of the nations those weapons are being sold to. I don't even understand why you think it's a valid comparison.

Postby Woodruff on Thu May 16, 2013 11:22 am

Phatscotty wrote:Obama Approval Rating - How low will he go?

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Wednesday shows that 49% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Obama's job performance. Forty-nine percent (49%) now disapprove.

Today’s figures include 26% who Strongly Approve of the way Obama is performing as president and 39% who Strongly Disapprove. This gives him a Presidential Approval Index rating of -13

Not that it's any great victory, but that's a hell of a lot stronger than Congress'...

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu May 16, 2013 1:22 pm

Woodruff wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

At the time, was Saddam someone who was working for our interests? I'm pretty sure he was.

Don't get me wrong...I have long held that we supply our own eventual enemies, so I'm certainly not trying to justify that. But selling to an actual current enemy is a far different thing in my view.

Sure, it's different, but I'm trying to see where ooge's moral compass lay because it seems a bit inconsistent whenever the word "Democrat" becomes involved.

Even if it's different, I don't praise subsidizing corrupt, oppressive regimes--nor do I find it useful enough. And with blowback or their becoming enemies of the US, it was a complete waste. Encouraging despotism and creating waste v. subsidizing a current enemy.... hmm, it's not an important distinction if the outcomes are both poor.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby ooge on Thu May 16, 2013 5:06 pm

Woodruff wrote:

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Not that it's any great victory, but that's a hell of a lot stronger than Congress'...

Repubs are not trying to raise their approval numbers but instead drag everyone else down to their level.This also helps with promoting their long stated goal of all government is evil.
Captain ooge

Postby thegreekdog on Thu May 16, 2013 5:13 pm

Woodruff wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

Of course he wasn't, and I'm not saying that there wasn't some political reason for it. However...

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, given the status of the nations those weapons are being sold to. I don't even understand why you think it's a valid comparison.

Because in 5 years or 10 years or 15 years or whatever, if we are at war with those countries, they will use those weapons against us. We aren't even at war with Iran (nor were we ever). I'm not making an excuse for Reagan or his administration because I wouldn't sell weapons to anyone (if I was the dictator of the U.S.) and will continue to think it was a bad idea. But selling weapons in exchange for getting hostages back, selling weapons to corrupt allies, selling weapons to degraders of human rights, and selling weapons to future enemies are comparable.

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu May 16, 2013 5:24 pm

ooge wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

US V. THEM!!
US V. THEM!!
US V. THEM!!
US V. THEM!!

GOOOOOO, US!!!!!

Thank you, ooge.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby ooge on Thu May 16, 2013 5:28 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

Because in 5 years or 10 years or 15 years or whatever, if we are at war with those countries, they will use those weapons against us. We aren't even at war with Iran (nor were we ever). I'm not making an excuse for Reagan or his administration because I wouldn't sell weapons to anyone (if I was the dictator of the U.S.) and will continue to think it was a bad idea. But selling weapons in exchange for getting hostages back, selling weapons to corrupt allies, selling weapons to degraders of human rights, and selling weapons to future enemies are comparable.

I do not disagree with you.but you have changed the subject from selling weapons to a sworn enemy against the laws of congress, to arms proliferation.
Captain ooge

Postby ooge on Thu May 16, 2013 9:39 pm

We could discuss the Grant administration for corruption,but that would not be as much fun.
Captain ooge

Postby danco on Thu May 16, 2013 11:17 pm

Xxxxxx
Last edited by danco on Sun May 03, 2020 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal danco

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu May 16, 2013 11:20 pm

ooge wrote:We could discuss the Grant administration for corruption,but that would not be as much fun.

Granted.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Phatscotty on Thu May 16, 2013 11:28 pm

this 4th of July

Major Phatscotty

Postby ooge on Fri May 17, 2013 12:25 am

Phatscotty wrote:this 4th of July

I hope you participate Phatman.
Captain ooge

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri May 17, 2013 4:10 am

AndyDufresne wrote:
ooge wrote:We could discuss the Grant administration for corruption,but that would not be as much fun.

Granted.

--Andy

Oh, quit your grant-standing.
Major BigBallinStalin

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,