Conquer Club

Orwellian USA

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Orwellian IRS

Postby ooge on Thu May 16, 2013 5:21 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:I don't understand why this thread has so much back and forth. This isn't a big deal. As I said, the IRS under Bush II did this exact thing targeting liberal charities, and it wasn't even discussed here on CC.

Benghazi, the IRS, Fast & Furious, these are not issues to fight about.

Proof it happened under Bush?

And why do you not want to know the truth about any of these Obama scandals?

proof...it is not hard to find. http://www.salon.com/2013/05/14/when_th ... _liberals/ truth about Obama scandals?These are not Scandals.There are scandals but they are not the ones the conservative controlled media has chose to discuss.why? because repubs agree with it.
Captain ooge

Postby Phatscotty on Thu May 16, 2013 8:29 pm

"We're gonna punish our enemies, and we're gonna reward our friends..." - Obama

Major Phatscotty

Postby ooge on Thu May 16, 2013 8:40 pm

Phatscotty wrote:"We're gonna punish our enemies, and we're gonna reward our friends..." - Obama

THe POOP Eater...go back fifty years and Glen Beck is the guy smelling of alcohol and Urine standing on the sidewalk caring a sign that says "your government is reading your mind".Glen Beck is not qualified to comment on anything,he started his radio career as a shock jock,and a substance abuser,when he saw how profitable it is to sell right wing ideology to the "sheep" he transitioned over to that. You know "the liberal media lies" so be sure to listen to my show so I can make fifty million a year. I do not give Glen Beck a pass on anything he lost his credibility years ago. Glen Beck quote "Obama hates White people"
Captain ooge

Postby Phatscotty on Thu May 16, 2013 9:02 pm

There have been 2 ways of seeing things in the past, 2 perspectives. But now Obama is fucking up Democrats so bad the red carpet is rolled out for the Tea Party , WHO HAS BEEN SAYING SO the entire time, to totally dominate the Congress.

welcome to the "Tea Party Revival" \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Major Phatscotty

Postby Juan_Bottom on Thu May 16, 2013 9:54 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:I don't understand why this thread has so much back and forth. This isn't a big deal. As I said, the IRS under Bush II did this exact thing targeting liberal charities, and it wasn't even discussed here on CC.

Interestingly, were that to happen in the future under a Republican President, I suspect that you would be the one to actually bring it up.

Hey man, my whole point is that this isn't something that normal people should be fighting about here. We all agree that this is wrong and must stop. I would expect a thread like this to get a few murmurs of agreement, but not a battle. And we've got a battle going on. NS and Phatts are blaming Obama, even though there's 0 evidence at all that Obama did this.

And I didn't bring this up when Bush was in office, as I said. Neither did the hypocrites blaming Obama with 0 evidence to back it up. So that's that.
Seriously, I could post a new Republican's scandal every week, but I get people attacking me for even bringing them up, so I don't bother. Though I did keep them going for a while in the Republican thread.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Orwell on Thu May 16, 2013 10:14 pm

Phatscotty wrote:welcome to the "Tea Party Revival" \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Yes, hallelujah! Without Obama, the Tea Party is nothing - does nothing, says nothing, means nothing. Ah, the irony!
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." - Samuel Beckett, Worstward Ho
Corporal Orwell

Postby Phatscotty on Thu May 16, 2013 10:29 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Interestingly, were that to happen in the future under a Republican President, I suspect that you would be the one to actually bring it up.

Hey man, my whole point is that this isn't something that normal people should be fighting about here. We all agree that this is wrong and must stop. I would expect a thread like this to get a few murmurs of agreement, but not a battle. And we've got a battle going on. NS and Phatts are blaming Obama, even though there's 0 evidence at all that Obama did this.

And I didn't bring this up when Bush was in office, as I said. Neither did the hypocrites blaming Obama with 0 evidence to back it up. So that's that.
Seriously, I could post a new Republican's scandal every week, but I get people attacking me for even bringing them up, so I don't bother. Though I did keep them going for a while in the Republican thread.

It's on Obama's watch, it's his administration. Whether or not he knew about it is irrelevant. One thing is certain, we will find out more and more. Latest word is the EPA has been doing the same thing the IRS did. Sure, there is no proof, and maybe that's how you operate, that anything done off the record can be gotten away with, but as for me,

It looks like a duck, it walks like a duck, and it sure as the hell quacks like a duck.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Juan_Bottom on Thu May 16, 2013 10:33 pm

Ppsssss

There's like, 2.5 million Executive Branch employees. Obama has more important things to do. Like cover-up Benghazi.

Postby Juan_Bottom on Thu May 16, 2013 10:36 pm

Wait.

If there was a clear pattern of utter incompetence here, and this IRS fiasco was only the latest, then you'd have a point. But in 8 years time, at least one of your 2.5 million employees is gonna screw something up. I've only got 2 employees under my watch, and we can't go a week without one of them setting themselves on fire.

Obama is not incompetent. He's got a bad record on human and civil rights, maybe yeah, but he's not the bonehead Bush II was.

Postby Phatscotty on Thu May 16, 2013 10:39 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:Wait.

If there was a clear pattern of utter incompetence here, and this IRS fiasco was only the latest, then you'd have a point. But in 8 years time, at least one of your 2.5 million employees is gonna screw something up. I've only got 2 employees under my watch, and we can't go a week without one of them setting themselves on fire.

Obama is not incompetent. He's got a bad record on human and civil rights, maybe yeah, but he's not the bonehead Bush II was.

....right.....

Major Phatscotty

Postby Juan_Bottom on Thu May 16, 2013 10:44 pm

Pretty sure every president has said the same thing.

All he said in the speech was the government is not some evil entity, it's the people. If you don't like what's happening, you can participate and change it. And that you should.

Postby warmonger1981 on Thu May 16, 2013 10:44 pm

WORD UP Juan_Bottom!!!
Captain warmonger1981

Postby Night Strike on Thu May 16, 2013 10:51 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:Ppsssss

There's like, 2.5 million Executive Branch employees. Obama has more important things to do. Like cover-up Benghazi.

Except every time there has been an instance of a problem going on in his administration, Obama has known nothing about it ahead of time. Is he so incompetent that he knows nothing of what's going on in his organization? I know he plays a lot of golf and takes a lot of vacations, but we're told he's kept apprised of what's going on while he's doing those things. What does he actually know about what's going on with his underlings?
Major Night Strike

Postby Phatscotty on Thu May 16, 2013 10:52 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:Pretty sure every president has said the same thing.

All he said in the speech was the government is not some evil entity, it's the people. If you don't like what's happening, you can participate and change it. And that you should.

that's about as sugar coated as it gets. Obama said straight up to ignore speech warning against government tyranny
Reagan said the complete opposite

Major Phatscotty

Postby warmonger1981 on Thu May 16, 2013 11:08 pm

Now Eric Holder doesnt know shit. He is incompetent as all hell with his "I don't know" or "I haven't been briefed on that". Freaking guy had testimony for like 4 hours and gave nothing but "I don't know what the f*ck happens in my department". Sounds like the same script he gave on the Fast and Furious briefings. Now he should get fired. Sounds like a broken record.
Captain warmonger1981

Postby Phatscotty on Thu May 16, 2013 11:35 pm

Major Phatscotty

Postby Juan_Bottom on Fri May 17, 2013 12:24 am

Night Strike wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:Ppsssss

Except every time there has been an instance of a problem going on in his administration, Obama has known nothing about it ahead of time. Is he so incompetent that he knows nothing of what's going on in his organization? I know he plays a lot of golf and takes a lot of vacations, but we're told he's kept apprised of what's going on while he's doing those things. What does he actually know about what's going on with his underlings?

That's total bullshit. Republican presidents always take more vacations than Democratic ones. It is known.

Furthermore, all of these "problems" are made-up lies spread around by people who hate Obama just because. That's why ya'll keep getting called racists. Because you make-up stuff to blame Obama for.

Phatscotty wrote:that's about as sugar coated as it gets. Obama said straight up to ignore speech warning against government tyranny
Reagan said the complete opposite

Yeah, that's like, his mantra. He's always saying over and over "ignore the tyranny you guise." Don't be a paranoid conspiracy guy too.

Postby Night Strike on Fri May 17, 2013 8:34 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:Furthermore, all of these "problems" are made-up lies spread around by people who hate Obama just because. That's why ya'll keep getting called racists. Because you make-up stuff to blame Obama for.

Actually, that was the administration making up things: namely the talking points on Benghazi.
Major Night Strike

Postby Night Strike on Fri May 17, 2013 8:01 pm

Don't worry, this had nothing to do with politics. :roll:

A group founded by an Obama family member was breaking the law, yet they received fast-track AND retroactive approval for their group without any extra scrutiny: http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/irs-stalled-conservative-groups-but-gave-speedy-approval-to-obama-foundation/2013/05/16/90c53e8a-be57-11e2-89c9-3be8095fe767_story.html
Major Night Strike

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri May 17, 2013 8:05 pm

Some useful information about politics and the IRS:

James Bovard: A Brief History of IRS Political Targeting (5-10 min read)
show

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 30836.html

(No, he's not blaming Obama but is looking forward to the investigation. He's presenting a fascinating history of the IRS and instances where politicians used the IRS to target other politicians, political groups, and individuals.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 18, 2013 12:24 am

Phatscotty wrote:
There have been 2 ways of seeing things in the past, 2 perspectives. But now Obama is fucking up Democrats so bad the red carpet is rolled out for the Tea Party , WHO HAS BEEN SAYING SO the entire time, to totally dominate the Congress.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA! Your video about the Tea Party has Michelle Bachmann in it. That's all you need to know about the Tea Party right there. Embarrassing.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 18, 2013 12:25 am

Night Strike wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:Furthermore, all of these "problems" are made-up lies spread around by people who hate Obama just because. That's why ya'll keep getting called racists. Because you make-up stuff to blame Obama for.

Actually, that was the administration making up things: namely the talking points on Benghazi.

It's appearing less and less likely that this is the case, you do realize...right?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 18, 2013 12:28 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:And I didn't bring this up when Bush was in office, as I said.

Yeah...I can't speak for when Bush was in office, but your postings have become increasingly...well, like someone who would do that.

Postby Phatscotty on Sat May 18, 2013 12:31 am

Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA! Your video about the Tea Party has Michelle Bachmann in it. That's all you need to know about the Tea Party right there. Embarrassing.

worst argument of 2013

"Woodruff made that post! That's all you need to know about right there! How embarassing Woodruff! Stop embarassing yourself."

weak

the tea party is getting stronger and stronger. Deal with it and stop whining.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 18, 2013 12:35 am

Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

worst argument of 2013

I suppose a Bachmann supporter like yourself wouldn't consider her or her non-Tea Party motives embarrassing. I wouldn't expect you to. It's not at all surprising you believe it's a good thing that she is involved with the Tea Party, because it feeds your own embarrassing motives.

Phatscotty wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:"Woodruff made that post! That's all you need to know about right there! How embarassing Woodruff! Stop embarassing yourself."

weak
the tea party is getting stronger and stronger. Deal with it and stop whining.

Is this like the "Romney is a guaranteed win" and "traditional marriage will win out" arguments? You've got quite a consistent track record with your predictions, but I'm not real sure you should be so proud of that particular consistency.

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,