Conquer Club

NHL Lockout?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Will there be another NHL lockout this season?

Total votes : 0

Re: NHL Lockout?

Postby Gillipig on Tue May 14, 2013 12:51 am

Lundquist has really showed why he was last years Vezina winner. Two shutouts back to back in the playoffs, how rare isn't that?
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Army of GOD on Tue May 14, 2013 1:18 am

Boston comeback was ridiculous. Two goals in under 1:30? Reimer will never hear the end of it.

Also, semp, don't talk about Jagr being a traitor. Not only am I a Pens fan but Jagr is my favorite Pen of all-time. HE also played for every Pens rival after his Pittsburgh tour.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby sempaispellcheck on Tue May 14, 2013 1:58 am

To me, he's a traitor. As a Pens fan and a Ranger fan, if you play for the Flyers, you're as good as dead to me.
Same goes, of course, for Max Talbot - as much as it pains me.

sempai
High score: 2200 - July 20, 2015
Game 13890915 - in which I helped clinch the NC4 title for LHDD

Lieutenant sempaispellcheck

Location: Among the clouds and the skyscrapers, saving the world.

Postby Gillipig on Tue May 14, 2013 2:18 am

sempaispellcheck wrote:To me, he's a traitor. As a Pens fan and a Ranger fan, if you play for the Flyers, you're as good as dead to me.

sempai

Jagr is the man! Traitor? Pff, my ass! He's born in Czech Republic, by your standards he was a traitor when he first arrived in the U.S to play hockey. But your standards are weird and don't count.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Serbia on Tue May 14, 2013 6:25 am

Gillipig wrote:
sempaispellcheck wrote:To me, he's a traitor. As a Pens fan and a Ranger fan, if you play for the Flyers, you're as good as dead to me.

sempai

Jagr is the man! Traitor? Pff, my ass! He's born in Czech Republic, by your standards he was a traitor when he first arrived in the U.S to play hockey. But your standards are weird and don't count.

No, country of origin has nothing to do with it. If you don't understand what he's saying, you either don't understand rivalries in the NHL, or you don't understand sports rivalries full stop.

Bollocks.
CONFUSED? YOU'LL KNOW WHEN YOU'RE RIPE
saxitoxin wrote:Serbia is a RUDE DUDE
may not be a PRUDE, but he's gotta 'TUDE
might not be LEWD, but he's gonna get BOOED
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby keiths31 on Tue May 14, 2013 7:32 am

Not a Leafs fan, but you can't pin that loss on Reimer. His D shut down and the whole team played way to conservatively. You could just tell they were unprepared to hold on to that lead.
Corporal 1st Class keiths31

Postby denominator on Tue May 14, 2013 9:44 am

Army of GOD wrote:Also, semp, don't talk about Jagr being a traitor. Not only am I a Pens fan but Jagr is my favorite Pen of all-time. HE also played for every Pens rival after his Pittsburgh tour.

I actually agree with AoG. If you truly respect the player as a player, it doesn't matter where he ends up playing. I may come to dislike the player because he ends up playing well against the previous team, but I don't instantly hate him as a traitor just because of the jersey he wears.
Sergeant 1st Class denominator

Postby Gillipig on Tue May 14, 2013 11:18 am

Serbia wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

sempai

No, country of origin has nothing to do with it. If you don't understand what he's saying, you either don't understand rivalries in the NHL, or you don't understand sports rivalries full stop.

Bollocks.

No mr hockey, it is you who don't understand. I know exactly what he was talking about, I merely broadened the analogy. The same mindset he has for team rivalry, others have when it comes to rivaling leagues. But you're canadian, you wouldn't understand. It's we who ship our best players to where you are at, not the other way around.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Army of GOD on Tue May 14, 2013 12:07 pm

sempai

That's pretty paradoxical.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Serbia on Tue May 14, 2013 2:24 pm

Gillipig wrote:
Serbia wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

sempai

Bollocks.

No mr hockey, it is you who don't understand. I know exactly what he was talking about, I merely broadened the analogy. The same mindset he has for team rivalry, others have when it comes to rivaling leagues. But you're canadian, you wouldn't understand. It's we who ship our best players to where you are at, not the other way around.

I'm not Mr. Hockey; that's Gordie Howe.
I'm not Canadian; I'm an American.
I do understand that the best European players come to play in North America. No one is debating that, but thanks for trying to change the subject.
Also, you weren't debating different leagues in different countries; you made a stupid analogy regarding nationality by pointing out where Jagr was born. No American looked at Jagr as any type of traitor; I don't know what Communist Party officials in Czechoslovakia thought of his defection at the time though.

Bottom line; none of this has ANYTHING to do with sempai's feelings toward Jagr based on his leaving Pittsburgh and New York, and eventually playing in Philadelphia.

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Gillipig on Tue May 14, 2013 2:39 pm

Serbia wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
Serbia wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

sempai

Bollocks.

I do understand that the best European players come to play in North America. No one is debating that, but thanks for trying to change the subject.
Also, you weren't debating different leagues in different countries; you made a stupid analogy regarding nationality by pointing out where Jagr was born. No American looked at Jagr as any type of traitor; I don't know what Communist Party officials in Czechoslovakia thought of his defection at the time though.

Bottom line; none of this has ANYTHING to do with sempai's feelings toward Jagr based on his leaving Pittsburgh and New York, and eventually playing in Philadelphia.

Bollocks.

You're just too dense to discuss this with. Go back to your drinking glass please.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Serbia on Tue May 14, 2013 2:56 pm

Gillipig wrote:
Serbia wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
Serbia wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

sempai

Bollocks.

Bollocks.

You have defeated me. Please carry on.

Thanks for the recognition, bud. Mad props to ya!

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Gillipig on Tue May 14, 2013 3:29 pm

Serbia wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
Serbia wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
Serbia wrote:
Gillipig wrote:Jagr is the man! Traitor? Pff, my ass! He's born in Czech Republic, by your standards he was a traitor when he first arrived in the U.S to play hockey. But your standards are weird and don't count.

Bollocks.

Bollocks.

You have defeated me. Please carry on.

Thanks for the recognition, bud. Mad props to ya!

Bollocks.

I think you've looked a little bit too deep in your glass, mr budweiser
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby sempaispellcheck on Tue May 14, 2013 3:35 pm

Serbia, thank you for understanding me.

Gilipig, by saying this:
Gillipig wrote:But your standards are weird and don't count.
you essentially forfeited any claim you might have had to a valid point.
If you're just going to dismiss my argument, I'm more than happy to dismiss yours.

As for this:
Army of GOD wrote:
sempaispellcheck wrote:...As a Pens fan and a Ranger fan...
I guess you could say that, but there's a reason for it.
I'm a Ranger fan because I was born and raised a Ranger fan - when you grow up in New York, that's what happens.
When I was younger, my brother was a Penguins fan (for reasons I'm not aware of), and he had a Penguins jacket, which eventually got passed down to me. Of course, I couldn't wear the jacket without supporting the team, so I became a Pens fan.
Judge me as you will, but I know plenty of people who root for their teams for much more arbitrary reasons.

sempai

Postby Army of GOD on Tue May 14, 2013 3:37 pm

sempaispellcheck wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:
sempaispellcheck wrote:...As a Pens fan and a Ranger fan...
I guess you could say that, but there's a reason for it.
I'm a Ranger fan because I was born and raised a Ranger fan - when you grow up in New York, that's what happens.
When I was younger, my brother was a Penguins fan (for reasons I'm not aware of), and he had a Penguins jacket, which eventually got passed down to me. Of course, I couldn't wear the jacket without supporting the team, so I became a Pens fan.
Judge me as you will, but I know plenty of people who root for their teams for much more arbitrary reasons.

sempai

Haha, no, I understand. I was brought up a Ranger fan (grew up in Upstate NY and my dad and mom are both from NYC) and my oldest brother even got me a Rangers hockey bag when I was like 6. But I loved Lemieux and Jagr and was really always a Pens fan.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Army of GOD on Thu May 16, 2013 10:29 pm

Pens dominate Sens. Bruins sneak past the Rangers.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby sempaispellcheck on Thu May 16, 2013 10:41 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Pens dominate Sens.

Good. Hopefully, that continues.

Army of GOD wrote:Bruins sneak past the Rangers.

Boo. That needs to be fixed.

sempai

Postby Gillipig on Fri May 17, 2013 12:54 am

I really thought the Rangers would take this opening game, well it was a close one at least.

Biggest game for a swede last night, was of course that we knocked out Canada in the Worlds. I had slim hopes at best before the game but we came out with speed and purpose, and Canada couldn't find their groove. First game I've ever seen where Sweden played more physical than Canada.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby keiths31 on Fri May 17, 2013 9:47 am

sempaispellcheck wrote:

sempai

It won't...
Corporal 1st Class keiths31

Postby Gillipig on Fri May 17, 2013 5:19 pm

keiths31 wrote:
sempaispellcheck wrote:

sempai

It won't...

We'll see....
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby ben79 on Sun May 19, 2013 8:14 am

Great game by Zetterberg and the Wings last night. Cheering for NYR this afternoon.
Lieutenant ben79

Postby Serbia on Sun May 19, 2013 9:57 am

The Wings totally flipped the script on the Blackhawks. I found it so funny that Chicago's players kept saying Detroit "played our game; beat us at our game". The puck possession game has always been Detroit's game; they just haven't been as good at it this year. Well, Detroit is a young, improving team, and they're figuring it out at the right time of the year.

This doesn't mean I'm ready to award Detroit the series, far from it, but we've definitely got a series now. Go Wings!

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Army of GOD on Sun May 19, 2013 10:49 pm

Both goalies played great games; Anderson outlasted Vokoun though.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Serbia on Mon May 20, 2013 5:35 am

I was shocked Ottawa got the tie in regulation; needing a shorthanded goal, with Anderson on the bench, against Pittsburgh? You're not going to get that lucky very often. Wish I could have stayed awake for the OT's.

Big game in Detroit tonight...

Bollocks.
RUDE
Captain Serbia

Postby Baron Von PWN on Mon May 20, 2013 7:17 am

That Sens vs Pens game last night was one of the most intense games ever. So many awesome goal opportunities for both teams. I think it'll either be a 6 or 7 game series.
Sergeant 1st Class Baron Von PWN

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,