Conquer Club

Game of Thrones (series spoiling only!)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Game of Thrones (series spoiling only!)

Postby Gillipig on Thu May 09, 2013 3:25 am

strike wolf wrote:I'm going with Jon Snow for king too. He has an air of nobility like Robb does but with the unfortunate circumstances that breed a quality leader character for books/shows. Watch him turn out to be a dragon like Daenerys.

Oh and no I don't think Arya will have the throne. Right now she seems to be on the path to becoming an assassin. That path doesn't really often coincide with a ruler. I don't know if anything will happen to make her change from that path.

Baelish definitely won't have the throne and even if he does gain it at some point, he won't keep it. The show sets him up as an antagonistic character and for that reason, he can't have the throne.

Oh and I like Margaery, she really doesn't care who hears her talk.

Have you read the books and if so how far have you come? I didn't mind Margaery before a certain point either.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby betiko on Thu May 09, 2013 3:48 am

Gillipig wrote:
strike wolf wrote:I'm going with Jon Snow for king too. He has an air of nobility like Robb does but with the unfortunate circumstances that breed a quality leader character for books/shows. Watch him turn out to be a dragon like Daenerys.

Oh and no I don't think Arya will have the throne. Right now she seems to be on the path to becoming an assassin. That path doesn't really often coincide with a ruler. I don't know if anything will happen to make her change from that path.

Baelish definitely won't have the throne and even if he does gain it at some point, he won't keep it. The show sets him up as an antagonistic character and for that reason, he can't have the throne.

Oh and I like Margaery, she really doesn't care who hears her talk.

Have you read the books and if so how far have you come? I didn't mind Margaery before a certain point either.

i think strike said he's just watching the show too. I don't know if he meant maergery or the grandmather though, she's the one who oesn't care who hears her talks...

by the way, is tyrion's girlfriend a dragon? or is it just that she has an extraordinary resistance to fire?

I kind of thought jon snow was a dragon too. aage to that the most spread theory among readers was that jon was ned's sister's son. who knows, he might be the son of the mad king too, so daenerys's half brother?
Major betiko

Postby thegreekdog on Thu May 09, 2013 8:49 am

strike wolf wrote:Baelish definitely won't have the throne and even if he does gain it at some point, he won't keep it. The show sets him up as an antagonistic character and for that reason, he can't have the throne.

His antagonism is precisely why I think he will be king when the books end.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby strike wolf on Thu May 09, 2013 9:26 am

Only if the author wants to P.O. 90% of the readers. I mean very few people actually like books to have bad endings.

Oh and I did mean the grandmother, for some reason I got their names mixed up. I really haven't seen enough of Joffrey's new bride to be to have much of an opinion on her (Did she even appear in the latest episode? I don't remember seeing her).
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby kizkiz on Thu May 09, 2013 9:37 am

Where's the series up to?
I'm assuming from above post that joffrey and margaery are married?
Major kizkiz

Postby strike wolf on Thu May 09, 2013 9:45 am

kizkiz wrote:Where's the series up to?
I'm assuming from above post that joffrey and margaery are married?

They're engaged. Jon Snow and a few of the wildlings are about to attack Castle Black. Arya is with the Brotherhood without Banner and the Priestess for the Lord of Light just bought the Barateheon bastard that Arya's fond of (By the way, was it me or did the Priestess seem scared of Arya when looking into her eyes?). The psychopath is torturing Theon. And Robb is trying to re-establish his alliance with the Frey's so that he can take Casterly Rock.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby kizkiz on Thu May 09, 2013 9:50 am

Hmm, they really are diverging from the books then.
Can't be long till the end of the series if it ends where i think it should. Will be quite the series finale! :D
Major kizkiz

Postby Sackett58 on Thu May 09, 2013 9:57 am

I don't think they will be playing Billy Idols, "White Wedding".
2010-04-24 18:51:35 - MrMoody: OMG I'm in a game with stunna, what is up with this?
Major Sackett58

Postby thegreekdog on Thu May 09, 2013 10:06 am

strike wolf wrote:Only if the author wants to P.O. 90% of the readers. I mean very few people actually like books to have bad endings.

I guess I have a different take.

(1) Martin pisses off his readers regularly. First, he takes his time writing these books (and by "takes his time" I mean he goes to comicons and takes trips and doesn't actually write anything). Second, relative to the books, he killed off a rather important character in the first book that not only didn't piss off readers, but created the opportunity to have the television show. And, you know, he regularly kills off people.

(2) Baelish is not a complete antagonist anymore than Tyrion is a protagonist or Jaime is an antagonist. Keep in mind Baelish's pre-book history and what he went through (physically, psychologically) and perhaps he's a more sympathetic character. Tyrion had a tough life, sure, but he's as much of an asshole and schemer as Baelish. Jaime fits into that role as well. Martin's point, I think, is that things aren't black and white.

So, I think Baelish because he seems to be the one playing the game the best.

Postby Bones2484 on Thu May 09, 2013 10:09 am

kizkiz wrote:Hmm, they really are diverging from the books then.
Can't be long till the end of the series if it ends where i think it should. Will be quite the series finale! :D

That will be Ep 9. The name of the episode (Rains of Castamere) gives it away... not actually sure what the season finale will be.
Major Bones2484

Postby Bones2484 on Thu May 09, 2013 10:19 am

thegreekdog wrote:So, I think Baelish because he seems to be the one playing the game the best.

Putting my response in a spoiler since it gives away some of the future books.

show
Major Bones2484

Postby kizkiz on Thu May 09, 2013 11:15 am

Bones2484 wrote:
kizkiz wrote:Hmm, they really are diverging from the books then.

That will be Ep 9. The name of the episode (Rains of Castamere) gives it away... not actually sure what the season finale will be.

We appear to be thinking of two different things then
Major kizkiz

Postby thegreekdog on Thu May 09, 2013 11:37 am

Bones2484 wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:So, I think Baelish because he seems to be the one playing the game the best.

Putting my response in a spoiler since it gives away some of the future books.

show

show

Postby betiko on Tue May 14, 2013 11:55 am

so what happens to theon's penis? the poor fool has been taking lots of wrong decisions.

what will happen when jaimie gets to king's landing with brienne?
1. no way they will let sansa go now that she is promissed to tyrion
2. i don't think the hound is comming back to king's landing with arya
3. not sure tywin will be happy to see his favourite child without his sword hand
4. not sure cersei will apreciate brienne as she will notice that jaimie has some kind of feelings for her
5. brienne will not apreciatetoo much if jaimie doesn't keep his promise
6. i think that jaimie respects enough brienne to try to keep his promise and will be facing tywin's decision
7. badass conflict between tywin and jaimie

I might be anticipating a little here, but that's what all this made me think of...

Also things ain't looking too good for gundry. that precious blood will be needed for the lord of light!

daenerys has gone completely stupid this episode. who can be the super allies of these guys? my guess is that it's the badass guys from volantis.
Major betiko

Postby Bones2484 on Tue May 14, 2013 12:32 pm

Good list, betiko! The only one I would add is:

8. How will Loras react to seeing Brienne. Remember that he believes she killed his love.... er... his king.
Major Bones2484

Postby Gillipig on Tue May 14, 2013 2:51 pm

betiko wrote:so what happens to theon's penis? the poor fool has been taking lots of wrong decisions.

what will happen when jaimie gets to king's landing with brienne?
1. no way they will let sansa go now that she is promissed to tyrion
2. i don't think the hound is comming back to king's landing with arya
3. not sure tywin will be happy to see his favourite child without his sword hand
4. not sure cersei will apreciate brienne as she will notice that jaimie has some kind of feelings for her
5. brienne will not apreciatetoo much if jaimie doesn't keep his promise
6. i think that jaimie respects enough brienne to try to keep his promise and will be facing tywin's decision
7. badass conflict between tywin and jaimie

I might be anticipating a little here, but that's what all this made me think of...

Also things ain't looking too good for gundry. that precious blood will be needed for the lord of light!

daenerys has gone completely stupid this episode. who can be the super allies of these guys? my guess is that it's the badass guys from volantis.

Gendry, not Gundry lol. I could give you a ton of book spoilers related to your bullet points. And I must admit it's itching a bit in my fingers but I hold it back for your sake betiko :).
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby betiko on Tue May 14, 2013 6:08 pm

Well thanks gillipig, I know the feeling when you badly want to say it! ;)
Major betiko

Postby strike wolf on Thu May 16, 2013 3:53 pm

What are the chances that Jaime to fulfill his promise offers to marry Sansa instead of Tyrion? Not likely I suppose but possible.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby betiko on Fri May 17, 2013 9:43 am

strike wolf wrote:What are the chances that Jaime to fulfill his promise offers to marry Sansa instead of Tyrion? Not likely I suppose but possible.

Sansa is such a dirty slut. Joffrey, loras, tyrion, now Jaimie? Why not tywin? :lol:
How would that fulfill his promise of returning the 2 stark girls though by marrying Sansa? Also isn't he unallowed to marry and have offspring?

Also I guess Robb about to attack castlery rock isn't going to help Jaimie for keeping his promise. I guess Robb s attack will happen more or less when Jaimie reaches king s landing. This Sunday?
Major betiko

Postby strike wolf on Fri May 17, 2013 9:55 am

It wouldn't be a perfect plan and I doubt it would go through even if he suggested it but without the obligation to marry Loras or Tyrion, Jaime could probably take her away from Kings Landing and have her delivered to The Starks. I thought the not allowed to marry was just a Nights Watch thing.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Bones2484 on Fri May 17, 2013 10:11 am

strike wolf wrote:It wouldn't be a perfect plan and I doubt it would go through even if he suggested it but without the obligation to marry Loras or Tyrion, Jaime could probably take her away from Kings Landing and have her delivered to The Starks. I thought the not allowed to marry was just a Nights Watch thing.

Nope. Kingsguard cannot marry and gives up their claims on land as well. Remember the conversation Tyrion had with Tywin about how he has the claim to Casterly Rock because Jaime gave it up?

betiko wrote:I guess Robb s attack will happen more or less when Jaimie reaches king s landing. This Sunday?

Considering we haven't even seen Robb forge an alliance with the Freys yet...? Don't forget that they need to have a wedding up at The Twins (Frey's castle) before any other battles for Robb can even be discussed. They (Robb and the Tully's from Riverrun and Roose Bolton from Harrenhall) are all headed north for the wedding, the opposite direction of Casterly Rock.
Major Bones2484

Postby thegreekdog on Fri May 17, 2013 12:11 pm

Postby betiko on Fri May 17, 2013 12:21 pm

Oh and I forgot littlefinger in my list of Sansa pretenders....

But is Bolton administrating officially harenhall? I m getting a bit confused here; at some point tywin had harenhall (when Arya was his servant) and I don t remember any fight or conversation from the Starks saying they took it back... And tywin gives harenhall to littlefinger, so he thinks his forces still have it? There is something confusing me here..

Also Bolton seems all but trustworthy. It seems like he has an oath with the Starks but that he thinks they don t really stand a chance with their rebellion and is preparing for that..
Major betiko

Postby kizkiz on Fri May 17, 2013 12:26 pm

Harrenahall was taken by tywin.
He left it with his troops, but they were betrayed by the bloody mummers.
They gave it to bolton when they switched sides.
Bolton has left the mummers in harrenahll as he marches north
Little finger has been given it by the king, but in name only, as it is currently occupied by the enemy

I think that's right from memory :lol:
Major kizkiz

Postby betiko on Fri May 17, 2013 12:44 pm

kizkiz wrote:Harrenahall was taken by tywin.
He left it with his troops, but they were betrayed by the bloody mummers.
They gave it to bolton when they switched sides.
Bolton has left the mummers in harrenahll as he marches north
Little finger has been given it by the king, but in name only, as it is currently occupied by the enemy

I think that's right from memory :lol:

The mummers? :? Who are they? I might know them with a different name... That s from the book but we never saw it in the show right?

Also isn't littlefinger about to leave for harenhall? His departure seemed quite imminent to me..
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,