Conquer Club

Cross-Map achievement implementation

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Cross-Map achievement implementation

Postby CNGT on Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:06 pm

Concise description:
  • Let´s make an option to look at your maps you have already defeated 5 unique players.

Specifics/Details:
  • The option can be in the medal stasts, next to the Cross map achievement.
  • It can be like in our medal information but in the medal stats, where it says, award details, but instead of that, telling: Maps criteria, or something like that :mrgreen:

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • It will take less time to the players, to know which map you have already met the criteria, and what are the maps left. ( I don´t know if it´s just me, but sometimes I want to do a quick search, instead to remember ALL the maps I have already met that criteria). :x
  • I know that in the medal stats you can see how MANY maps you have met the criteria, but it doesn´t tell you in which maps, so i would like an option to tell all the players, in which maps you have already played, in which not, and which you have, but you still need to defeat some unique opponents. :D

I´m sorry if there´s a similar suggestion, i looked for it, but i didn´t find anything similar.

So what do you think? Support the idea? 8-[
Sergeant 1st Class CNGT

Re: Cross-Map achievement implementation

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:11 pm

If you really want to know right now, you can use maprank to check.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby CNGT on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:15 pm

thanks, i didn´t know it already existed. What should i do next?
Sergeant 1st Class CNGT

Postby agentcom on Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:21 pm

CNGT,

You can go download that and use it :) But if you mean what to do next regarding this suggestion, it's still a good suggestion. After all, that's why someone made a tool to do exactly what you're thinking of. I would love to see more of the add-ons like map rank implemented into the site. And your suggestion specifically puts the information in a useful and intuitive place: with the cross map medal stats. I like it.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby Armandolas on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:13 pm

agentcom wrote:CNGT,

You can go download that and use it :) But if you mean what to do next regarding this suggestion, it's still a good suggestion. After all, that's why someone made a tool to do exactly what you're thinking of. I would love to see more of the add-ons like map rank implemented into the site. And your suggestion specifically puts the information in a useful and intuitive place: with the cross map medal stats. I like it.

I tottaly agree with this.
Colonel Armandolas

Postby nicestash on Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:35 pm

Armandolas wrote:

+1
Major nicestash

Postby chapcrap on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:41 am

It's actually good for all things the medal stats tracks. Unique wins, teammates, etc.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby koontz1973 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:36 pm

nicestash wrote:
Armandolas wrote:

+1

And again. I have always said that if users are making it themselves, the site should of included it in the first place or made it a priority for updates.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby greenoaks on Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:47 pm

koontz1973 wrote:
nicestash wrote:
Armandolas wrote:

+1

And again. I have always said that if users are making it themselves, the site should of included it in the first place or made it a priority for updates.

and because someone has made it the site no longer sees it as a priority and can focus limited resources on other updates.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby greenoaks on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:49 am

i am against this idea, knowing what you have crossmap'd is pointless.

a better suggestion would be to list the maps you haven't crossmap'd and how many you have or need on those maps to crossmap them.

that would align it with the medal stats page that provides the number of uniques required to achieve a medal's next level.

it could be shown in the form of a drop-down box like the Tournaments tab does for Hosting and Winning.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby iamkoolerthanu on Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:03 am

greenoaks wrote:i am against this idea, knowing what you have crossmap'd is pointless.

a better suggestion would be to list the maps you haven't crossmap'd and how many you have or need on those maps to crossmap them.

that would align it with the medal stats page that provides the number of uniques required to achieve a medal's next level.

it could be shown in the form of a drop-down box like the Tournaments tab does for Hosting and Winning.

Thats almost the same thing... So I am in favor of either one
Corporal 1st Class iamkoolerthanu

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:12 am

greenoaks wrote:i am against this idea, knowing what you have crossmap'd is pointless.

+1
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby greenoaks on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:17 pm

iamkoolerthanu wrote:

Thats almost the same thing... So I am in favor of either one

almost. i think the original idea is back to front. if you are trying to cross map you don't need to know what you have. you need to know what you haven't got and how many you need on them.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby CNGT on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:55 pm

CNGT wrote: ...in which maps you have already played, in which not, and which you have, but you still need to defeat some unique opponents.

It´s there greenoaks, but it´s true that is more important, which maps you haven´t cross map than which you have :)
Sergeant 1st Class CNGT

Postby AladdinSane on Wed May 15, 2013 10:18 pm

This is a good idea. Just a table of maps and number of unique opponents defeated on each so far would be fine, and it can link from the Cross Map part of the Medal Stats page.
Cook AladdinSane

Postby CNGT on Fri May 17, 2013 8:22 pm

I don´t know how exactly it would work, i mean how to make it, but i helped giving the idea, an option to watch how your cross-maping is going. ;)
Sergeant 1st Class CNGT

Postby greenoaks on Fri May 17, 2013 8:36 pm

CNGT wrote:I don´t know how exactly it would work, i mean how to make it, but i helped giving the idea, an option to watch how your cross-maping is going. ;)

i use Map Rank to get a list of what i haven't cross-mapped but it would be good to have it on the site so i can access it from work.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby CNGT on Sun May 19, 2013 9:01 am

greenoaks wrote:
CNGT wrote:I don´t know how exactly it would work, i mean how to make it, but i helped giving the idea, an option to watch how your cross-maping is going. ;)

i use Map Rank to get a list of what i haven't cross-mapped but it would be good to have it on the site so i can access it from work.

Why can´t you have it from work? :?
Sergeant 1st Class CNGT

Postby greenoaks on Sun May 19, 2013 9:18 am

CNGT wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

1. you need Firefox
2. work doesn't like us downloading programs onto their computers - apparently it is a sackable offence
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby CNGT on Sun May 19, 2013 9:27 am

greenoaks wrote:
CNGT wrote:
greenoaks wrote:

1. you need Firefox
2. work doesn't like us downloading programs onto their computers - apparently it is a sackable offence

That´s a problem , well with this update in the site, i think anyone with any website(google chrome, firefox, internet explorer, etc) will be able to know how your cross-mapping is.
Sergeant 1st Class CNGT

Postby cgblack on Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:18 pm

+1 to this idea as well. I'd love to know which maps I need to concentrate on to get my Cross Map Platinum. I'm at 63 out of 200, but for all I know, I could have dozens of maps sitting at four unique opponents. I don't use Firefox or Grease Monkey.
Sergeant 1st Class cgblack

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:50 am

cgblack wrote:+1 to this idea as well. I'd love to know which maps I need to concentrate on to get my Cross Map Platinum. I'm at 63 out of 200, but for all I know, I could have dozens of maps sitting at four unique opponents. I don't use Firefox or Grease Monkey.

I'm not sure what the status of Maprank is. It might be dead.

However, there is a new tool from Ch0rn called Group Statistics which does many of the same things. Might be applicable.
https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=529&t=213911#p4703125
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby xroads on Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:44 am

The one by Chorn is pointless for this.

It tells you how many games you have played on a map, not how may opponents you have beaten.

Someone who really cared about the site would include breakdowns in medal stats to be able to track this stuff.
Lieutenant xroads

Postby IcePack on Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:21 pm

Doesn't map rank do this?

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Butters1919 on Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:18 pm

IcePack wrote:Doesn't map rank do this?

Why can't owners/admins make this simpler and implement the (likely dead: as Duk suggested) feature? First, our membership has diminished to the point where we can't expect such 3rd party tools to be maintained. Second, because of said decline, they are not promoted in the forums and new users may not find them, so why not implement an easy fix?
Cook Butters1919

Next

Return to Suggestions