Conquer Club

Gun Control

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Gun Control

Postby ooge on Thu May 16, 2013 8:30 pm

Evil Semp wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
ooge wrote:I wonder if anyone's view point would be swayed if every day in this thread was posted the days death count by guns and the explanation of each death. or if the media did it as well what the long term affect would be.

Just as long as they share every detail as well about the people who defend themselves with guns, whether they discharge the weapon or not.

Here is a start.

http://wap.nytimes.com/blogs/nocera/201 ... rom=nocera

NS if you want to post details of those who defend themselves then you should provide it.

And just for the record I am not in favor of taking guns away from citizens. I just think there should background checks and cooling off periods before someone walks out with a gun.

we can add NASCAR racer Dick trickle to this list suicide by gun. guns for hunting I support that's about all. Guns for all this self defense is what I call "white peoples fear",this same fear is why a Afro-american president is so unacceptable for them.
Captain ooge

Postby Night Strike on Thu May 16, 2013 10:54 pm

ooge wrote:we can add NASCAR racer Dick trickle to this list suicide by gun. guns for hunting I support that's about all. Guns for all this self defense is what I call "white peoples fear",this same fear is why a Afro-american president is so unacceptable for them.

Racist much? Besides, if you want to look at the true victims of most gun violence, it's black people who live in the same big cities that ban their citizens from owning guns. Why are you against black people protecting themselves?

Evil Semp wrote:Now I will do one of your tricks here. The stalking victim goes out, buys a gun and accidentally shoots herself when she loads the gun after getting home. Now we have a accidental shooting that could result in the stalking victims death.

Really? You really think that's a plausible scenario?
Major Night Strike

Postby Phatscotty on Thu May 16, 2013 10:57 pm

ooge wrote:Guns for all this self defense is what I call "white peoples fear",this same fear is why a Afro-american president is so unacceptable for them.

racist
Major Phatscotty

Postby ooge on Thu May 16, 2013 11:35 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
ooge wrote:Guns for all this self defense is what I call "white peoples fear",this same fear is why a Afro-american president is so unacceptable for them.

racist

typical response from the all white party apologists.who with their conservatives values have ALWAYS been on the wrong side of history.
Captain ooge

Postby Phatscotty on Thu May 16, 2013 11:39 pm

ooge wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

racist

typical response from the all white party apologists.who with their conservatives values have ALWAYS been on the wrong side of history.

Major Phatscotty

Postby ooge on Thu May 16, 2013 11:41 pm

Night Strike wrote:
ooge wrote:we can add NASCAR racer Dick trickle to this list suicide by gun. guns for hunting I support that's about all. Guns for all this self defense is what I call "white peoples fear",this same fear is why a Afro-american president is so unacceptable for them.

Racist much? Besides, if you want to look at the true victims of most gun violence, it's black people who live in the same big cities that ban their citizens from owning guns. Why are you against black people protecting themselves?

Evil Semp wrote:Now I will do one of your tricks here. The stalking victim goes out, buys a gun and accidentally shoots herself when she loads the gun after getting home. Now we have a accidental shooting that could result in the stalking victims death.

Why are you in favor of as many dead Americans as possible from gun violence? Australia eliminated guns,mass shootings decreased to zero.They were averaging one a year.
Captain ooge

Postby Phatscotty on Thu May 16, 2013 11:46 pm

zero? wow...

Thornheart much?
Major Phatscotty

Postby ooge on Thu May 16, 2013 11:57 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
ooge wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

racist

disingenuous and idiotic...notice I said CONSERVATIVES. Everyone knows the democratic party flipped with the republican party and those racists in the democratic party became Dixiecrats then eventually republicans. example Strom Thurmond. You think Abe Lincoln would be a Republican today? dream on.ever heard of Richard Nixons southern strategy to win the White House? or Reagan announcing he was running for president the first time at a state fair in the same county were those civil rights workers were killed and declaring "I believe in states rights" code word for if your state wants to be racist I am all for it.Bush the first and the Willie Horton ad.Showing a menacing afro-american being released from jail. This played into the "white peoples fear" bias. The guy who made that ad for Bush apologized on his death bed about how unfair and biased it was.The republican party only knows how to win one way,Scare the voters.play to the white vote.
Captain ooge

Postby ooge on Fri May 17, 2013 12:00 am

Phatscotty wrote:zero? wow...

Thornheart much?

So we could believe The POOP Eater or the former PM of Australia.
Captain ooge

Postby ooge on Fri May 17, 2013 12:08 am

gun nuts watch this.
Captain ooge

Postby Phatscotty on Fri May 17, 2013 12:13 am

Another interesting observation.

Background checks wouldn't even pass this community as being effective.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Juan_Bottom on Fri May 17, 2013 12:43 am

Night Strike wrote:
Evil Semp wrote:And just for the record I am not in favor of taking guns away from citizens. I just think there should background checks and cooling off periods before someone walks out with a gun.

But that implies that everyone is out to kill someone with the gun they're buying. Why should all citizens be assumed to be killers just because they want a gun? What if people actually need the gun quickly?

Should all dogs be assumed to be dangerous until proven otherwise?

This is why fast & furious happened. Drug Cartels send agents here to buy weapons at trade shows where they don't have to be subjected to a background check. Why should you assume everyone who wants to buy a gun is even a citizen? Al Qaeda tells it's followers how to buy guns in the US. The Cartels actively buy weapons here every day.

Night Strike wrote:Really? You really think that's a plausible scenario?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Xw5qtoOjG40

This guy is a huge dumbass.
HUGE DUMBASS.
Probably the most ignorant black guy I've ever seen.
Ok, that's not true. But he really is a genuine moron. He's confused the definitions of Democrat/Liberal and Conservative/Republican. Goddd he's dumb. I'm so glad nobody writes his scripts but him.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri May 17, 2013 4:12 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:Image

I'd use a gun on it.

Wouldn't you?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri May 17, 2013 9:24 am

I like the sound of this! A New 'Smart Rifle' Decides When To Shoot And Rarely Misses

...It's called the TrackingPoint rifle. On a firing range just outside Austin in the city of Liberty Hill, a novice shooter holds one and takes aim at a target 500 yards away. Normally it takes years of practice to hit something at that distance. But this shooter nails it on the first try.

The rifle's scope features a sophisticated . The shooter locks a laser on the target by pushing a small button by the trigger. It's like a video game. But here's where it's different: You pull the trigger but the gun decides when to shoot. It fires only when the weapon has been pointed in exactly the right place, taking into account dozens of variables, including wind, shake and distance to the target.

The rifle has a built-in laser range finder, a ballistics computer and a Wi-Fi transmitter to stream live video and audio to a nearby iPad. Every shot is recorded so it can be replayed, or posted to YouTube or Facebook.

"It has a password protection on the scope. When a user stores it, he can password protect the scope that takes the advanced functionality out. So the gun will still operate as a firearm itself, but you cannot do the tag/track/exact, the long range, the technology-driven precision-guided firearm piece without entering that pass code,"

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Evil Semp on Fri May 17, 2013 10:33 am

Night Strike wrote:

That is as plausible as this comment by you.

Night Strike wrote:No, you assumed everyone needs a cool down period to buying a gun, which is where the implication that everyone wants to kill comes from, not the background check.
Sergeant 1st Class Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri May 17, 2013 11:53 am

AndyDufresne wrote:I like the sound of this! A New 'Smart Rifle' Decides When To Shoot And Rarely Misses

...It's called the TrackingPoint rifle. On a firing range just outside Austin in the city of Liberty Hill, a novice shooter holds one and takes aim at a target 500 yards away. Normally it takes years of practice to hit something at that distance. But this shooter nails it on the first try.

The rifle's scope features a sophisticated . The shooter locks a laser on the target by pushing a small button by the trigger. It's like a video game. But here's where it's different: You pull the trigger but the gun decides when to shoot. It fires only when the weapon has been pointed in exactly the right place, taking into account dozens of variables, including wind, shake and distance to the target.

The rifle has a built-in laser range finder, a ballistics computer and a Wi-Fi transmitter to stream live video and audio to a nearby iPad. Every shot is recorded so it can be replayed, or posted to YouTube or Facebook.

"It has a password protection on the scope. When a user stores it, he can password protect the scope that takes the advanced functionality out. So the gun will still operate as a firearm itself, but you cannot do the tag/track/exact, the long range, the technology-driven precision-guided firearm piece without entering that pass code,"

--Andy

Autoaim hax0r
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 18, 2013 12:45 am

Night Strike wrote:
Evil Semp wrote:And just for the record I am not in favor of taking guns away from citizens. I just think there should background checks and cooling off periods before someone walks out with a gun.

But that implies that everyone is out to kill someone with the gun they're buying. Why should all citizens be assumed to be killers just because they want a gun? What if people actually need the gun quickly?

It doesn't imply or assume any such thing.

And if someone legitimately "needs a gun that quickly", then I would suggest they should instead head for the local police station.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 18, 2013 12:47 am

ooge wrote: we can add NASCAR racer Dick trickle to this list suicide by gun.

Completely off-topic, but holy shit what a name. Is that his original parentally-given name?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Phatscotty on Sat May 18, 2013 12:49 am

Woodruff wrote:
And if someone legitimately "needs a gun that quickly", then I would suggest they should instead head for the local police station.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wow! yeah, just tell the criminal to hold on while you get your shoes on and grab your car keys...but don't tell the burglar/rapist you are going to the police station. Tell them you are going for a stroll
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Sat May 18, 2013 12:51 am

Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wow! yeah, just tell the criminal to hold on while you get your shoes on and grab your car keys...but don't tell the burglar/rapist you are going to the police station. Tell them you are going for a stroll

So the person has time to run to Wal-Mart to buy a gun, but not time to run to a police station? You don't seem to have thought your argument through, as usual.

By the way, aren't I foed? Wanting to hit the Baker's Dozen, are you?

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sat May 18, 2013 12:54 am

"We need guns to protect ourselves from all the people who have guns."
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Phatscotty on Sat May 18, 2013 1:39 am

far more people are killed without a gun than with a gun. You think that just because someone does not have or cannot get a gun, they aren't going to kill someone?
Major Phatscotty

Postby ooge on Sat May 18, 2013 4:21 am

Woodruff wrote:
ooge wrote: we can add NASCAR racer Dick trickle to this list suicide by gun.

Completely off-topic, but holy shit what a name. Is that his original parentally-given name?

Yup I am afraid so.
Captain ooge

Postby ooge on Sat May 18, 2013 4:31 am

Phatscotty wrote:far more people are killed without a gun than with a gun. You think that just because someone does not have or cannot get a gun, they aren't going to kill someone?

some kind of Scary world some Americans live in,I wonder if these scared Americans are even able to leave their homes or are they too paralyzed by fear.All the things that could do them harm murderers,rapists, the government.black helicopters,extra-terrestrials,Bigfoot......
Captain ooge

Postby Night Strike on Sat May 18, 2013 8:28 am

Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

It doesn't imply or assume any such thing.

The police don't hand out or sell guns for personal protection. And it's highly doubtful they'll send an officer to be someone's personal security for a while.
Major Night Strike

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,