Conquer Club

Game of Thrones (series spoiling only!)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Game of Thrones (series spoiling only!)

Postby kizkiz on Fri May 17, 2013 1:48 pm

betiko wrote:
kizkiz wrote:Harrenahall was taken by tywin.
He left it with his troops, but they were betrayed by the bloody mummers.
They gave it to bolton when they switched sides.
Bolton has left the mummers in harrenahll as he marches north
Little finger has been given it by the king, but in name only, as it is currently occupied by the enemy

I think that's right from memory :lol:

The mummers? :? Who are they? I might know them with a different name... That s from the book but we never saw it in the show right?

Also isn't littlefinger about to leave for harenhall? His departure seemed quite imminent to me..

Umm, not seen series 3.
Their leader is vargo hoat. Bunch of sellswords that tywin employed.
They are rather depraved
Major kizkiz

Postby Bones2484 on Fri May 17, 2013 2:32 pm

Littlefinger is going to the Eyrie, the home of House Arryn. You also saw his boat sailing away right after Sansa learned of her wedding to Tyrion (where she was crying while looking at it).

The Mummers are the guys who captured Brienne and Jaime. They are a group of sellswords lead by Vargo Hoat (I forget his name in the show... Locke?). Chopped off Jaime's hand... put Brienne in the bear pit.
Major Bones2484

Postby betiko on Fri May 17, 2013 3:13 pm

Bones2484 wrote:Littlefinger is going to the Eyrie, the home of House Arryn. You also saw his boat sailing away right after Sansa learned of her wedding to Tyrion (where she was crying while looking at it).

The Mummers are the guys who captured Brienne and Jaime. They are a group of sellswords lead by Vargo Hoat (I forget his name in the show... Locke?). Chopped off Jaime's hand... put Brienne in the bear pit.

Ok, pretty sure they ve never been called like that in the show. Pretty sure they never appear in harenhall during tywin s stay either ( but I can be wrong about that, they would ve been very very minor characters in season 2) yes true baelish is going to eyrie. What if tywin had sticked to his first decision of marrying baelish to Sansa?

So actually there is a double wedding among the tully... Black fish, catlyn and her brother don t seem to be aware that their sister will marry baelish though. We haven t seen lady arryn s reaction, and we don t know yet the history between her and petyr... Given that they grew up together.
Major betiko

Postby Bones2484 on Fri May 17, 2013 3:16 pm

betiko wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:Littlefinger is going to the Eyrie, the home of House Arryn. You also saw his boat sailing away right after Sansa learned of her wedding to Tyrion (where she was crying while looking at it).

Ok, pretty sure they ve never been called like that in the show. Pretty sure they never appear in harenhall during tywin s stay either ( but I can be wrong about that, they would ve been very very minor characters in season 2) yes true baelish is going to eyrie. What if tywin had sticked to his first decision of marrying baelish to Sansa?

So actually there is a double wedding among the tully... Black fish, catlyn and her brother don t seem to be aware that their sister will marry baelish though. We haven t seen lady arryn s reaction, and we don t know yet the history between her and petyr... Given that they grew up together.

You're right. They were never called the Bloody Mummers in the show. And I also don't believe that they were portrayed with Tywin. The show makes it looks like they are part of the Stark army as opposed to a disgusting group of sellswords that has changed sides.

No one (except for the small council) knows about Baelish's plans to marry Lady Arryn. I'm not even sure she knows about it yet at this point. He sold it to the council as "I will go to the Eyrie and convince her". They have PLENTY of history, though...
Major Bones2484

Postby kizkiz on Fri May 17, 2013 3:54 pm

Bones2484 wrote:The Mummers are the guys who captured Brienne and Jaime. They are a group of sellswords lead by Vargo Hoat (I forget his name in the show... Locke?). Chopped off Jaime's hand... put Brienne in the bear pit.

That was the obvious way to describe them, but didn't want to post in case it was a spoiler
Series 1 was very true to the book
Series 2 only had a few differences.
Series 3 seems to be all over the place ....missing characters, name changes and complete re-writes 8-[
Major kizkiz

Postby betiko on Fri May 17, 2013 3:58 pm

so you agree that for the people just watching the show the whole harrenhall situation isn't explained clearly? bolton and his men just happen to be in harrenhall, we don't even know why.

didn't realize that petyr baelish aka littlefinger is just going like that to eyrie, uninvited, unanounced and simply to marry the queen of the castle! :lol:
Also it was his idea and not tywin's?? I thought that baelish was kind of holding to the idea of marrying Sansa until tywin told him he would marry lady arryn.. (so many "y"s in all those names gosh) all these stuff aren't really shown in the show.
Major betiko

Postby kizkiz on Fri May 17, 2013 4:06 pm

betiko wrote:so you agree that for the people just watching the show the whole harrenhall situation isn't explained clearly? bolton and his men just happen to be in harrenhall, we don't even know why.

didn't realize that petyr baelish aka littlefinger is just going like that to eyrie, uninvited, unanounced and simply to marry the queen of the castle! :lol:
Also it was his idea and not tywin's?? I thought that baelish was kind of holding to the idea of marrying Sansa until tywin told him he would marry lady arryn.. (so many "y"s in all those names gosh) all these stuff aren't really shown in the show.

Even in the book he simply disappears off to marry lysa without any kind of contact. Twas all his own idea.
Harrenahll was as i said. Treachery by the mummers to let Bolton in and take it from Tywins men
Major kizkiz

Postby Bones2484 on Fri May 17, 2013 5:33 pm

betiko wrote:so you agree that for the people just watching the show the whole harrenhall situation isn't explained clearly? bolton and his men just happen to be in harrenhall, we don't even know why.

Well... it was explained, just might not have seen the relevance of it. We did see Tywin leave and we did see Robb and his men enter a short time later.

If you remember, Robb and company traveled to Harrenhall expecting a fight at the beginning of this season. When they got there they just found it empty with a bunch of Northeners dead (and Maester Qyburn barely alive). Robb then left Bolton in charge and went back to Riverrun. The show never explained the Bloody Mummers and where they came from, they just "appeared" in an episode where they captured Brienne/Jaime and brought them back to Harrenhall.

But as Kizkiz said, in the books it happens differently.
Major Bones2484

Postby Bones2484 on Sun May 19, 2013 10:31 pm

That was a great episode.

Hooray Sam the Slayer lives!
Major Bones2484

Postby betiko on Mon May 20, 2013 8:30 am

Bones2484 wrote:That was a great episode.

sam that fat bastard idiot. is it me or did he not pick up the magic dagger after stabbing that white walker? and wasn't it the white walker leader?

interesting character that daenerys has encountered. he isn't from braavos rght, it's another of the captains that he killed that was from braavos? also when the lord of yunkai had powerfull allies was he refering to them or to some other kingdoms?
Major betiko

Postby Symmetry on Mon May 20, 2013 8:34 am

betiko wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:That was a great episode.

sam that fat bastard idiot. is it me or did he not pick up the magic dagger after stabbing that white walker? and wasn't it the white walker leader?

interesting character that daenerys has encountered. he isn't from braavos rght, it's another of the captains that he killed that was from braavos? also when the lord of yunkai had powerfull allies was he refering to them or to some other kingdoms?

I thought he left it too.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Bones2484 on Mon May 20, 2013 9:48 am

betiko wrote:also when the lord of yunkai had powerfull allies was he refering to them or to some other kingdoms?

He was referring to them.
Major Bones2484

Postby betiko on Tue May 21, 2013 5:35 am

i've heard a friend telling me that he wonders how the hell are they going to make the entire finish of the book 3 in those last 2 episodes, and that basically after 8 episodes we're halfway through the book. The more I think about it, the more I feel like buying the books and start reading them.. If I do should I start back from AGOT, or should I guy directly, the book 4?
Major betiko

Postby kizkiz on Tue May 21, 2013 9:53 am

Start from the first book
Major kizkiz

Postby Symmetry on Tue May 21, 2013 10:51 am

betiko wrote:i've heard a friend telling me that he wonders how the hell are they going to make the entire finish of the book 3 in those last 2 episodes, and that basically after 8 episodes we're halfway through the book. The more I think about it, the more I feel like buying the books and start reading them.. If I do should I start back from AGOT, or should I guy directly, the book 4?

This season is only supposed to cover the first half of book 3 (give or take). Also, what kizkiz said.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Donelladan on Tue May 21, 2013 11:09 am

I read all the 5 books. And Betiko, you have to read them. They are really good.
The 1st one you could skip, it is better you read it, but it is really close to the series and will be rather boring ( was the case for me, I watched seaon 1 and 2 then I bought the books).
But you will still learn some small things if you read book 1 so it is not useless.

I just read the whole topic today. Sorry to get back but I wanna reply you about Daenerys part and the slavers.
The slavers have been selling slaves armies since centuries before Daenerys arrives. They think nobody will ever destroy them because it has always been like that. It is exactly like if you are selling guns, you dont expect the guys you sold the guns to kill you to get the money back ( which is exactly what Daenerys did because she wanted her dragon back ^^ ).
Totally OK to me.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby Symmetry on Tue May 21, 2013 12:35 pm

donelladan wrote:I read all the 5 books. And Betiko, you have to read them. They are really good.
The 1st one you could skip, it is better you read it, but it is really close to the series and will be rather boring ( was the case for me, I watched seaon 1 and 2 then I bought the books).
But you will still learn some small things if you read book 1 so it is not useless.

I just read the whole topic today. Sorry to get back but I wanna reply you about Daenerys part and the slavers.
The slavers have been selling slaves armies since centuries before Daenerys arrives. They think nobody will ever destroy them because it has always been like that. It is exactly like if you are selling guns, you dont expect the guys you sold the guns to kill you to get the money back ( which is exactly what Daenerys did because she wanted her dragon back ^^ ).
Totally OK to me.

No, it was dumb. It's part of the story in order to advance the plot.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby ooge on Tue May 21, 2013 6:44 pm

I keep waiting for something big to happen this season,I hope I am not disappointed.
Captain ooge

Postby Bones2484 on Tue May 21, 2013 6:50 pm

ooge wrote:I keep waiting for something big to happen this season,I hope I am not disappointed.

Ep 9 will not be a disappointment for you, then. In my opinion it was the biggest "wow" moment in all five books, just ahead of Ned's death.
Major Bones2484

Postby ooge on Tue May 21, 2013 6:58 pm

Bones2484 wrote:
ooge wrote:I keep waiting for something big to happen this season,I hope I am not disappointed.

Ep 9 will not be a disappointment for you, then. In my opinion it was the biggest "wow" moment in all five books, just ahead of Ned's death.

Well dont give it away,I have heard that there is a "wow" moment and so far I have not tried to look it up to see what it is,I think Ned's moment occurred in episode 8,that is why I was beginning to wonder with this season.
Captain ooge

Postby Bones2484 on Tue May 21, 2013 7:09 pm

ooge wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:

Well dont give it away,I have heard that there is a "wow" moment and so far I have not tried to look it up to see what it is,I think Ned's moment occurred in episode 8,that is why I was beginning to wonder with this season.

If I was going to give away a spoiler I would have already. Don't worry!
Major Bones2484

Postby ooge on Tue May 21, 2013 7:12 pm

Bones2484 wrote:
ooge wrote:
Bones2484 wrote:

If I was going to give away a spoiler I would have already. Don't worry!

thanks.
Captain ooge

Postby betiko on Tue May 21, 2013 7:19 pm

My guess is tywin or Joffrey gets murdered by another lanister or something. Can t wait for Jaimie to get back. The big thing will be in house lanister, I m pretty convinced (this isn't a spoiler it s just my theory) also is there one week break this time?
Major betiko

Postby Bones2484 on Tue May 21, 2013 7:21 pm

betiko wrote:My guess is tywin or Joffrey gets murdered by another lanister or something. Can t wait for Jaimie to get back. The big thing will be in house lanister, I m pretty convinced (this isn't a spoiler it s just my theory) also is there one week break this time?

Yes. No episode this weekend.
Major Bones2484

Postby Bones2484 on Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:44 pm

It kind of bothered me that they had Robb's wife at the Red Wedding in the show.
Major Bones2484

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,