Undo, Redo, Mulligan, Take Back Options

Suggestions that have not stood up to community review.

Moderators: Suggestions Team, Global Moderators

Re: Undo, Redo, Mulligan, Take Back Options

Postby greenoaks on Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:58 am

jjleblanc25 wrote:With all due respect, this thread should not have have been merged here. The original posting from 2006 calls for an UNDO button that would have permitted deployments, attacks, and other GAME CHANGING actions to be implemented. This is not what I have asked for. I'm talking about developing a simple button to return to attacks prior to a reinforcement being made. No change to the game would be necessary, no advantages provided to any one person, and nothing that would complicate/delay/interfere with players that do not wish to use the button.

there is an advantage. you get to undo your 'action'.

get it right the first time. there is no undo, redo, mulligan or take back option.
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks

Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Postby chapcrap on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:33 am

jjleblanc25 wrote:With all due respect, this thread should not have have been merged here. The original posting from 2006 calls for an UNDO button that would have permitted deployments, attacks, and other GAME CHANGING actions to be implemented. This is not what I have asked for. I'm talking about developing a simple button to return to attacks prior to a reinforcement being made. No change to the game would be necessary, no advantages provided to any one person, and nothing that would complicate/delay/interfere with players that do not wish to use the button.

There are probably at least 50 threads merged here, not just yours and an original. It's already been rejected. There will be no option like this. Sometimes I wish there was for myself as well, because I screw up sometimes too. The bottom line is BE CAREFUL.
Captain chapcrap

Medals: 168
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

troop placement/reinforcement misclick fix

Postby davidprichard on Tue May 21, 2013 9:51 am

So I know I can't be the only one that ends up trying to reinforce from one spot to another and realize I had it backwards or tries to place a portion of my troops on one territory, but accidently click too many times and end up placing all of them there. I've blown up 3 or 4 games from stupid errors like that, my errors, but easy ones to fix potentially.

So, my suggestion is some sort of buffer time. Maybe like 5 seconds? You can click the reset button and it goes back 5 seconds on anything you've done in your turn (excluding attacks obviosly so someone can't just redo it if they get some bad rolls).

This way if you do accidently place wrong, or reinforce wrong you can click the button real quick and redo. This would basically be the same as if in a physical Risk game you started to place 10 troops and one more fell out of your hand so you picked it right back up and placed it somewhere else. I can't see where it would have any negative effect on anyone else as long as attacks weren't a part of it. Maybe it would have to be for sequencial and not freestyle though as well just so you don't place, see someone else place and then move your troops real quick. But I play almost all sequencial anyways, so that's what I'm really thinking of.
Major davidprichard

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1)

Re: troop placement/reinforcement misclick fix

Postby The Voice on Tue May 21, 2013 10:05 am

Freestyle games make this suggestion impossible in my mind.

This has happened to me many times. Do you use Firefox as your browser? If so, I would install greasemonkey use a couple greasemonkey scripts, BOB and Clickable Maps: viewtopic.php?f=59&t=73696#p1771986.

They offer you confirmations (e.g. "are you sure you want to fort X?")
Colonel The Voice

Medals: 72
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14) Tournament Contribution (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: troop placement/reinforcement misclick fix

Postby greenoaks on Tue May 21, 2013 5:10 pm

davidprichard wrote:So I know I can't be the only one that ends up trying to reinforce from one spot to another and realize I had it backwards or tries to place a portion of my troops on one territory, but accidently click too many times and end up placing all of them there. I've blown up 3 or 4 games from stupid errors like that, my errors, but easy ones to fix potentially.

So, my suggestion is some sort of buffer time. Maybe like 5 seconds? You can click the reset button and it goes back 5 seconds on anything you've done in your turn (excluding attacks obviosly so someone can't just redo it if they get some bad rolls).

This way if you do accidently place wrong, or reinforce wrong you can click the button real quick and redo. This would basically be the same as if in a physical Risk game you started to place 10 troops and one more fell out of your hand so you picked it right back up and placed it somewhere else. I can't see where it would have any negative effect on anyone else as long as attacks weren't a part of it. Maybe it would have to be for sequencial and not freestyle though as well just so you don't place, see someone else place and then move your troops real quick. But I play almost all sequencial anyways, so that's what I'm really thinking of.

you can't code away stupidity.

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)

Postby chapcrap on Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:04 pm

MERGED: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=190953&view=unread#p4176973

And I'm gonna go ahead and sticky this one.
Captain chapcrap

Medals: 168
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (17) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Option to remove the Auto-Assault button

Postby casper on Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:36 pm

Concise description:
  • Add an option in game settings to remove the auto-assault button.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • This will prevent accidental auto-assaults. I just unintentionally auto-assaulted an opponent while playing on my phone. While my big fingers are to blame, I'd prefer the option just to not have auto-assault there in the first place.
  • Would clean up the interface for users who don't use or don't like the auto-assault button.
Colonel casper

Medals: 24
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (1)
Tournament Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (6) Map Contribution (1)

Re: Option to remove the Auto-Assault button

Postby jltile1 on Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:57 pm

casper wrote:Concise description:
  • Add an option in game settings to remove the auto-assault button.

• This will prevent accidental auto-assaults. I just unintentionally auto-assaulted an opponent while playing on my phone. While my big fingers are to blame, I'd prefer the option just to not have auto-assault there in the first place.
  • Would clean up the interface for users who don't use or don't like the auto-assault button.

Done it with I pad more than once..
Colonel jltile1

Medals: 54
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (5)

Re: Option to remove the Auto-Assault button

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:29 am

Why not be more careful next time you're pushing buttons like a mad man?
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Implement a "confirm" at the end of deployments

Postby ebt1972 on Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:54 am

At the end of the deployment section, add a dialogue to confirm correct deployments.
  • if yes, continue.
  • if no, restart deployments

Specifics/Details:
  • xxxxxxx

• It'll save the internet from being covered in gore when my sheer frustration at misclicks causes my kidneys to explode.
  • it has NO negative impact on attacks, they continue as usual..... so no sneaky take backs ;)
Sergeant 1st Class ebt1972

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Training Achievement (3)

Re: Implement a "confirm" at the end of deployments

Postby clangfield on Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:24 am

ebt1972 wrote:At the end of the deployment section, add a dialogue to confirm correct deployments.
  • if yes, continue.

Specifics/Details:
  • xxxxxxx

• It'll save the internet from being covered in gore when my sheer frustration at misclicks causes my kidneys to explode.
  • it has NO negative impact on attacks, they continue as usual..... so no sneaky take backs ;)

Possibly also, an 'Undo' option which works sequentially back to the beginning (again, deployment only!). I wouldn't fancy a complete restart on a big map with few players.
Lieutenant clangfield

Medals: 17
Standard Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby betiko on Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:23 am

humm why not...
Brigadier betiko

Medals: 158
Conquer Cup Gold Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Bot Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (17) General Achievement (30) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (2)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:42 pm

Honestly, I like this, but I'd rather see other suggs implemented. If it was optional, that would be better.

If this suggestion doesn't go through, we can rest assured that the Internet will survive from a greater influx of gore.
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby patrickaa317 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:07 pm

It has been announced over and over that there is no storage of moves thus no 'undo's'.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant 1st Class patrickaa317

Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (21)
Tournament Contribution (27) General Contribution (1)

Postby delilahplay2 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:09 am

I Completely agree with this - was actually going to suggest this thread myself. A day or two ago I lost a game wholly based on the fact that I 'accidentally' (I maintain that there was a bug....) deployed my overwhelming marauding force on a dead end territory (Telvanis in the Tamriel map). Had I not done this I would have taken out my opponent and won the game. I realised what had happened as soon as it had been deployed and felt physically sick. Seriously.
So the chance to restart the deployment (which I guess would involve saving the details of my original troop statuses at the time I started the round - before deployment, if this is not already done so) is definitely supported by me.
Sergeant delilahplay2

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby greenoaks on Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:10 am

ebt1972 wrote:At the end of the deployment section, add a dialogue to confirm correct deployments.
  • if yes, continue.

Specifics/Details:
  • xxxxxxx

no amount of coding will overcome your stupidity.

Postby clangfield on Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:34 am

patrickaa317 wrote:It has been announced over and over that there is no storage of moves thus no 'undo's'.

It has the information to write out "[player] deployed N troops on X" - it only has to store that info for one turn, a simple string or array should suffice.
Just because there isn't currently, doesn't mean there can never be... it's called progress.
Lieutenant clangfield

Standard Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:17 am

This would get me pulling out my hair if I had to click Confirm in each and every turn.
Sergeant TheForgivenOne

Medals: 83
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (14) Clan Achievement (7)
General Contribution (11)

Postby patrickaa317 on Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:44 pm

clangfield wrote:
patrickaa317 wrote:It has been announced over and over that there is no storage of moves thus no 'undo's'.

It has the information to write out "[player] deployed N troops on X" - it only has to store that info for one turn, a simple string or array should suffice.
Just because there isn't currently, doesn't mean there can never be... it's called progress.

I understand that, I'm not saying I'm personally opposed to it just letting you know what the powers that be are going to say.

I do agree with TFO that if I had to click confirm, i'd get pretty annoyed.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant 1st Class patrickaa317

Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (18) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (21)
Tournament Contribution (27) General Contribution (1)

Postby clangfield on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:36 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
clangfield wrote:

I understand that, I'm not saying I'm personally opposed to it just letting you know what the powers that be are going to say.

I do agree with TFO that if I had to click confirm, i'd get pretty annoyed.

Maybe it's something that one could set as a personal preference on one's profile? Perhaps with an option to exclude speed games?
Lieutenant clangfield

Postby NoSurvivors on Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:43 pm

It would make freestyle horrible lol, but eh.. I would be OK with it for team games/clan war games etc.. maybe as an option.
Cook NoSurvivors

Medals: 80
Monthly Leader Silver (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (3) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (5)

Postby delilahplay2 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:27 am

This is something that could be added to the preferences so that those players who feel that an extra click would annoy them (I get it) don't have to have this option?
I suspect it will come down to how difficult it would be to code. However definitely worth considering surely?
Sergeant delilahplay2

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Need 'go back to assaults' option

Postby talonz on Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:21 pm

During the reinforcement phase, there needs to be a 'go back to assaults' button, usable if no reinforcements have been made.

I *hate* misclicks costing me an entire turn, when for some reason, usually because im on a different computer, I click end assaults when I am not actually done with my assaults. I don't know why this happens (other than the change in screen size? desire to click far right button? dunno) but it really ticks me off that I cant say 'oh wait...ah crap' and continue assaults as I planned or really want to. Even just a popup 'are you sure yes/no' for ending assaults would really do the trick too.

Thanks.
Major talonz

Medals: 13
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Re: Resume Attack

Postby spiesr on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:44 pm

MERGED: Need 'go back to assaults' option

The BOB add-on has an option for confirmations for such things, which may provide faster relief for your symptoms.
Captain spiesr
Suggestions Moderator
Suggestions Moderator

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (5) General Contribution (2)

Re: Resume Attack

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:20 pm

I merged a couple other threads as well. This class of suggestion was wrongly merged with the other Undo threads in Rejected. This is different, though, as no actions have been taken that change the game state when the 'end assault' phase has been clicked (at least, since no one knows when you've done this). Still unlikely to be implemented because of the not too great benefits of doing so, but definitely different. So I pulled the one I found out of that thread ("Return to Assault") and merged it with this one.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Medals: 43
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (2)
General Contribution (7)

PreviousNext

Return to Rejected Suggestions