Conquer Club

Quit Button?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Quit Button?

Postby FERFA on Mon May 27, 2013 3:43 pm

How come there's no quit button on games you want to abandon? I mean, no one wants to deadbeat so why make them if they don't want to play in a game? I've had a few deadbeat on me and instead I'm suggesting you give them an out where their armies become neutrals.
Private FERFA

Re: Quit Button?

Postby SirSebstar on Mon May 27, 2013 5:00 pm

edited msg: no there is no quit button. it was abused in the past, again and again, so it was taken out.
Sit it out is all you can do. Join membership so you can play more then 4 games at a time, and it wont matter anymore
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby FERFA on Mon May 27, 2013 6:27 pm

SirSebstar wrote:no there is not.
Sit it out is all you can do. Join membership so you can play more then 4 games at a time, and it wont matter anymore

Membership costs too much and I'm someone that often pays for online games I play. Also it's not me wanting to quit. I was speaking of others that clearly want to quit games and make everyone else in the game wait 72 hours or whatever until they're finally kicked out.

I guess I'm seeing why there's no button. It's clearly a form of "Frustrate them until they pay" but that business model rarely works on the Internet where there are generally always alternative sites for whatever thing you want to play.

Well. Going to quit the site upon hearing that it won't be changing. Cheers. Sorry people that have to wait for me to be kicked.
Private FERFA

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon May 27, 2013 7:12 pm

It was abused when it was around, so it was taken away.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby spiesr on Thu May 30, 2013 12:19 pm

Captain spiesr

Postby Gundula on Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:25 pm

I agree, there should be a quit button. Ive had people deadbeat on me and Ive deadbeat on others. When your in a game with no chance of winning, why prolong the agony for both players. You say it was abused ? Then deal with them people on a one to one basis as you would if someone broke other rules of CC.
People should have the right to surrender as they would in any battle, thank god wars of today have the surrender option or mankind would just destroy themselves.
It was pointed out to me however, that the reason there is no quit button is to try and get fremiums to upgrade to premiums. I don't know if this is the reason or not but it is a curious statement.
Please bring in the quit button.
Thanks
Sergeant 1st Class Gundula

Postby SirSebstar on Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:24 am

Gundula wrote:......
It was pointed out to me however, that the reason there is no quit button is to try and get fremiums to upgrade to premiums. I don't know if this is the reason or not but it is a curious statement.
Please bring in the quit button.
Thanks

No this is not a backwards way of bringing people to upgrade from freemium. But a lot of people on this site like cynical humor, myself included.
Being an upgraded account still will not give you a quit button, but being forced to wait 3 days for someone to deadbeat is less bad if you have 20 other games to occupy yourself with, hence it does have an advantage to upgrade, but it’s certainly not mandatory to enjoy the full game experience.

The quit button however is not likely coming back (i dont own the site, things could change and the sky could fall down, but its not likely.)
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Return to Conquer Club Discussion