Conquer Club

Foe a map on Game Finder

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Foe a map on Game Finder

Postby clangfield on Fri May 24, 2013 3:58 pm

Concise description:
  • It should be possible to 'foe' a map such that it doesn't come up when creating or searching for new games.

Specifics/Details:
  • There are some maps that I don't wish to play, or don't wish to play for a while. It would make it easier to find games if I could ignore certain maps.
  • Whilst it's possible to select a subset of the maps with Ctrl-click, I should prefer to be able to select all except a specified few.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • It will make game selection quicker and less tedious.
  • It will help cross-map medal hunters.
Lieutenant clangfield

Re: Foe a map on Game Finder

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri May 24, 2013 4:38 pm

You can shift+click from the top to the bottom and then ctrl-click the ones you don't want. That's the only help I can offer you.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby clangfield on Sun May 26, 2013 4:44 am

DoomYoshi wrote:You can shift+click from the top to the bottom and then ctrl-click the ones you don't want. That's the only help I can offer you.

Thanks. That helps as a one-off, but it will get rather tedious having to do it for every game.
Lieutenant clangfield

Postby waauw on Sun May 26, 2013 9:54 am

clangfield wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:You can shift+click from the top to the bottom and then ctrl-click the ones you don't want. That's the only help I can offer you.

Thanks. That helps as a one-off, but it will get rather tedious having to do it for every game.

What do you mean for every game? I just central click everytime I want to join a game(click with scroll) or you can just right click and press "open in new tab".
That way you don't have to do the same search over and over. You can just keep looking and joining... And afterwards you just close all those tabs.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby clangfield on Sun May 26, 2013 5:13 pm

waauw wrote:
clangfield wrote:

What do you mean for every game? I just central click everytime I want to join a game(click with scroll) or you can just right click and press "open in new tab".
That way you don't have to do the same search over and over. You can just keep looking and joining... And afterwards you just close all those tabs.

Indeed... but when you next come to look for a game to join, you have to do the same thing again.
Ctrl-click (that's control, not central, btw :) ) is fine if you only want to select from a small selection, but if you want 'all but a few' then I think it's tedious to have to select all then deselect the ones you don't want.
All I'm suggesting is the ability to store a set of maps from which to search, or not to search.

Maybe this should be a bug report as 'Save Default Search' doesn't appear to save any search parameters, let alone the maps.
Lieutenant clangfield

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon May 27, 2013 8:40 pm

I support this option as there's something like five maps that I ever want to choose from.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Bruceswar on Mon May 27, 2013 9:26 pm

I agree with this, but also make it so you can unfoe and tournament exclusions apply.
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby betiko on Tue May 28, 2013 3:39 am

If you are going to select like 220/235 maps, is it really that important to remove them from your seach? Can t you mentally skip to the next game awaiting players when you do your game selection? The main thing in your search seems to be the settings. Are you just going to join all games putting your brain on off mode once the search is complete? It will take you more time to unselect several maps no mater the system rather than leaving all maps in your search and skip the ones you don t like as if they were not even on the results page.
Major betiko

Postby clangfield on Fri May 31, 2013 7:06 am

betiko wrote:If you are going to select like 220/235 maps, is it really that important to remove them from your seach? Can t you mentally skip to the next game awaiting players when you do your game selection? The main thing in your search seems to be the settings. Are you just going to join all games putting your brain on off mode once the search is complete? It will take you more time to unselect several maps no mater the system rather than leaving all maps in your search and skip the ones you don t like as if they were not even on the results page.

It's mainly because, on 2-player games particularly, I see several dozen of the same map type set up. In my case I've no interest in Age of Realms 3 but, as I write, 23/33 on my search criteria are this map.
I just think it would make the user experience more pleasant.
Lieutenant clangfield

Return to Suggestions