Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 96: 1-6-2013] Please Check My Spelling!

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 96: 1-6-2013] Please Check My Spelling!

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:42 am

Welcome Comrades to the 96th edition of the Dispatch :)

The Hippo is taking care of some urgent business, so I have the inestimable honour of bringing you the latest stage in our continuing redesign of the newsletter. In fact, if you're wondering why this issue is two days late, it is because I hoped Hippo would be here to celebrate this proud moment and I didn't want to deprive him of the honour. Well, c'est la vie, sometimes the cracker crumbs fall in unpredictable places.

Starting with this issue, we will no longer be going through our usual contortions to make the newsletter fit into one post. Instead, each major section will have its own post, although they will continue to be in exactly the same sequence as before, so you can choose to read the whole thing as one giant issue or just jump to the section you want to see first.

The innovations hippo introduced in Issue 95 will continue. The complete package will be published only in the Newsletter Issues Forum, while only the introduction and table of contents will be published in the Announcement Forum and in your Inbox (for subscribers.)

Okay, here's what we have on tap for you:

The first major section is Mess Hall and Interrogation Room, which includes another installment of Safariguy's Scum Insider and your interrogation of Sempaispellcheck. Truly, sempai is one of the most interesting, versatile, and cultured people we have on Team CC, and it's a pleasure to read his answers to your questions. As an added bonus, he completely translated all his answers, making this (I believe) our first fully bilingual interrogation.

The Platoon Report covers all aspects of the Clan scene. Team leader Swifte is aided by qwert, IcePack and betiko as they bring you all the stats from all the major clan events. CL5, CC3, F400... it sounds like a series of warships or space shuttle missions...:)

War Games is what we call the Tournament Section. In addition to all the usual features from DaveH and animainiacks, this issue features my interview with Brigadier IanG7.

Cartographic Surveillance is our smallest team, comprising only two people: Seamus76 and koontz1973. What this team lacks in size, however, they make up for in hyperactivity, and once again foundry matters are very thoroughly covered. In addition to regular features like Maps in Development, this issue includes a report on the Great Community Map Project as it enters the next major phase.

Finally, our Next Mission Brief includes such things as the closing credits and information on how to subscribe. In addition, we have a very significant policy announcement for the next issue.

Dukasaur - Aide Executive
on behalf of
thehippo8 - Chief Executive

And finally some late-breaking news:

Late-Breaking News: Runewake2 Joins! by Dukasaur
show

Late-Breaking News: API fixed! by Dukasaur
show

If you would like to apply to join the news team, please visit the thread below for more details! :)
Click here for Recruitment Details...
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 96: 1-6-2013]

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:49 am

Freestyle section

Welcome back readers. We have a Scum Insider, and sempai took the time to answer the interrogation in both English and French. Enjoy!
You Stay Classy, CC.

safariguy5
Freestyle Executive

The Scum Insider by safariguy5
show

show: Interrogation of sempaispellcheck in english

show: Interrogation of sempaispellcheck en francais

Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:52 am

Clan section

It's the calm before the storm here in the clan world on Conquer Club, as 33 clans are making their final preparations for the beginning of Clan League 5, Phase 2. While some are sharpening swords or polishing the shields and armor, others I'm sure are saddling up their cows or even their pigs... this much is certain - these will be the last calm nights before four and a half months of a bloody melee, from which only 3 victors shall emerge!

For this edition of the dispatch we are happy to bring you the latest on the goings on in the clan world, including a great recap of all the CL5 action from Phase 1 by qwert, the newest update to the F400 by IcePack, and a look at the probable champions of Conquer Cup 3 by betiko.

Happy battling out there!

Swifte
Clan Executive

CL5 Reaches Phase 2 by Qwert
show

June 1 F400 Update by IcePack
show

CC3 finals update by Betiko
show

Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:53 am

Tournament section

Hello again my friends, and welcome to your favorite part of the Newsletter, "War Games", where you can find information about CC Tournaments! Once again my troops have done an excellent job presenting you with all our regular features: Dave's Tournament Tips and TPA Update, and anamainiacks' Join This? Or Not!

We feature the promised interview with IanG7! Ian is one of the toughest competitors out there, and recently won the Assassinations by Fours, which I rescued from MrGlassB. I would like to just briefly say that this was a tournament which was a pleasure to rescue. It's too bad MrGlassB is no longer with us, because quite honestly he was a great TO.

Dukasaur
Tournament Executive

Meet the Tournament Winners: IanG7 by Dukasaur
show

Tournament Tips by DaveH
show: Terminator Scoring

TPA3 Wrap by DaveH
show

Join This? Or Not! by anamainiacks
show

Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:55 am

Foundry section

In like a lion, out like a lamb...well, something like that. As you may already know, or as you can see, koontz1973 has graciously passed the torch that is the Foundry Executive position for the dispatch to me. And if you've been participating or following along with any of the Great Conquer Community Map (#GCCM), you know he could use a little break. Talk about a tough act to follow though. Don't worry, he has assured me he's not going anywhere, and of course he'll still be making beautiful maps, and writing articles. Thanks koontz1973!

And now on with the show.

Seamus76 -- Foundry Executive

End Game - Lets make a map Competition by koontz1973
show

Spotlight on HomeWorlds by koontz1973
show

Revamps? by Seamus76
show

Maps in Development. by Seamus76
show

Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:08 am

Tail section

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of IcePack. Post any questions you may have for them here --> Interrogation with IcePack

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to thehippo8 and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscribe Here!

Coming in Issue 97 -- Classified Ads

Starting with Issue 97, we will on an experimental basis be accepting classified ads. At first, these will only be for CC related matters. Is your Clan looking for members? Your Social group? Do you want to give an extra boost to the Tournament you're planning or solicit comments on your Map?

Basic rules: We will accept TEXT only, with a character limit of 300 characters. Your text may include inline links (url= tags) but NOT links to graphics (img or bigimg tags). You may use the size= tag sparingly, but be careful. Your message may not exceed the normal size limitations for signatures, 150 pixels by 600 pixels. If you use oversize text you may find your ad getting rejected.

Please don't abuse this, or get into debates about the size limit. This will be a time-consuming program to run, and we are all just volunteers with limited time available. If we are swamped with ads we may have to cancel this initiative outright, but we really hope we can manage. It will be made easier if everybody plays nice and tries to stick within the rules.

Send your classified ads for Issue 87 to thehippo8.

And speaking of being just volunteers with limited time, we always need more help. Please consider volunteering with the Dispatch. Contact any of the Executives listed below to offer your services!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team

Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 96: 1-6-2013] Please Check My Spellin

Postby Ace Rimmer on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:47 pm

VOTE FOR THE REVAMP. I will hurt you if you do not.
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby dolomite13 on Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:17 am

Thanks for the spotlight on Homeworlds.

I am excited to be developing a Battle Royale map base in space. I figured it was that or a map based on professional wrestling and I was pretty certain that would be met by a body slam from the CC community.

Please feel free to stop by the forum thread, or send me PM and offer up any and all concerns or ideas for Homeworlds.

=D=
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:23 am

slightly confusng the new layout in different posts, but ts okay once i got my mind to wrap around it.
it should be easyer to edit late content this way ;-)
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:04 pm

SirSebstar wrote:slightly confusng the new layout in different posts, but ts okay once i got my mind to wrap around it.
it should be easyer to edit late content this way ;-)

I'm hoping it will also be easier to keep people's attention, having things in manageable portions instead of getting slammed with an encyclopaedia.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Return to Newsletter Issues