Conquer Club

Has Anyone Noticed?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: Has Anyone Noticed?

Postby danryan on Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:06 am

I've noticed that without BOB, I'm not even playing. So congratulations for ruining my experience. The tools like BOB and clickable maps that enhance the interface should be tested against any planned upgrades because they're a big part of what people enjoy on cc.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:24 am

danryan wrote:I've noticed that without BOB, I'm not even playing. So congratulations for ruining my experience. The tools like BOB and clickable maps that enhance the interface should be tested against any planned upgrades because they're a big part of what people enjoy on cc.

+1111!!1!1!111!!!22
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Slaylark on Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:43 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
danryan wrote:I've noticed that without BOB, I'm not even playing. So congratulations for ruining my experience. The tools like BOB and clickable maps that enhance the interface should be tested against any planned upgrades because they're a big part of what people enjoy on cc.

+1111!!1!1!111!!!22

I could not agree more, i am totally ticked off that this is happening, my enjoyment and time to do this is ruined because of a lack of fore thought and consideration for the community. I want to play speed games but am relegated to the pathetic tools that remain without click-able maps. fix it guys. be professionals. I am in nuclear power and i don't think you would want me to put the reactor core in service without first testing the changes made-to ensure it works as required.
Corporal Slaylark

Postby The Voice on Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:49 am

Dukasaur wrote:
AAFitz wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
macbone wrote:Indeed! Very newbie friendly!

I just hope BOB + Clickies are back soon. They seem to be allergic to site updates. =)

Yeah, every update requires a BOB update as well. Still, a day or two without BOB is a small price to pay to be getting some site upgrades.

But one turn without clickable maps isnt.

I just joined a few games too, and the site click maps is so bad I dont even want to play them. How can they f*ck something so perfect up? Seriously.

I've experimented with using the clickies and I always go back to the pull-downs in the end, so I honestly don't know what the big deal about clickies is. I know some people swear by them, but unless you're playing freestyle speed then it seems that spending a few extra seconds to use the pull-downs is worth it, for being able to choose the exact number of troops that you want to advance instead of only choosing between advance none and advance all.

For Greasemonkey clickies, you can use the mouse wheel to choose the exact number of troops you wish to advance.
Major The Voice

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:19 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
AAFitz wrote:But one turn without clickable maps isnt.

I just joined a few games too, and the site click maps is so bad I dont even want to play them. How can they f*ck something so perfect up? Seriously.

I've experimented with using the clickies and I always go back to the pull-downs in the end, so I honestly don't know what the big deal about clickies is. I know some people swear by them, but unless you're playing freestyle speed then it seems that spending a few extra seconds to use the pull-downs is worth it, for being able to choose the exact number of troops that you want to advance instead of only choosing between advance none and advance all.

How many active games do you have? I'm currently on 118 and don't fancy taking the amount of turns I do every day with drop downs.

I'm only at 55 right now, but there have been times in the past when I was over 100, including over 130 at one point.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby TeeGee on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:21 am

Not an easy one guys. Scripts/addons are 3rd party programs and most of the CC updates will affect the functioning of them. It is up to the developer of the script to keep up with the updates, not up to CC to make sure 3rd party programs work within CC.

Or we could abandon updates all together and let the site stagnate?
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby The Voice on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:37 am

TeeGee wrote:Not an easy one guys. Scripts/addons are 3rd party programs and most of the CC updates will affect the functioning of them. It is up to the developer of the script to keep up with the updates, not up to CC to make sure 3rd party programs work within CC.

I have two responses for you. You may choose which one you prefer.

1) The site's been stagnate for years.
2) I'd be fine with that because (1-2 days with BOB & Clickies > Insignificant Site Update)
Major The Voice

Postby TeeGee on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:40 am

All should be working now :)
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby macbone on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:41 am

Woohoo! Thanks, TeeGee! =)
Colonel macbone

Postby TeeGee on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:43 am

macbone wrote:Woohoo! Thanks, TeeGee! =)

Don't thank me, thank the programmers/developers... I am merely the messenger :D
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:51 am

TeeGee wrote:
macbone wrote:Woohoo! Thanks, TeeGee! =)

Don't thank me, thank the programmers/developers... I am merely the messenger :D

Thanks, blake.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby danryan on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:13 am

TeeGee wrote:Not an easy one guys. Scripts/addons are 3rd party programs and most of the CC updates will affect the functioning of them. It is up to the developer of the script to keep up with the updates, not up to CC to make sure 3rd party programs work within CC.

Unfortunately the site's interface for games sucks without the scripts/addons, to be blunt. As a result for me (and for others) they are essential parts of the CC experience, and without them, I don't think I'd bother.

I'd much prefer them to be incorporated into the CC interface, but until that happens, they need to be available, and any update which breaks them isn't going to be welcome.
Sergeant 1st Class danryan

Postby Agent 86 on Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:56 pm

+1 get with the program developers or do I have to move on in and code for you ( you can't pay me enough ) I play this game on your site because of my friends, but get real!!..you are screwing with the premium members and will lose some more.

-1 to Dan for screwing with O&H
We are the Fallen, an unstoppable wave of Darkness.
Major Agent 86

Postby ljex on Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:20 pm

AAFitz wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

I just hope BOB + Clickies are back soon. They seem to be allergic to site updates. =)

Yeah, every update requires a BOB update as well. Still, a day or two without BOB is a small price to pay to be getting some site upgrades.

They are so clunky and unintuitive...its quite evident that no real thought or practicality entered the decision making process
Major ljex

Postby greenoaks on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:39 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
AAFitz wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

How many active games do you have? I'm currently on 118 and don't fancy taking the amount of turns I do every day with drop downs.

i do 160 games and only ever use drop-downs.

and auto-attack :D
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:05 am

greenoaks wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
AAFitz wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

i do 160 games and only ever use drop-downs.

and auto-attack :D

You crazy bastard you..
Cook iAmCaffeine

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion