Conquer Club

Dropping Major Clan Events

Abandoned challenges and other old information.

Moderator: Clan Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Dropping Major Clan Events

Postby chapcrap on Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:15 pm

catnipdreams wrote:I don't want to take away from this thread and be off-topic, but I don't know where else to put this post...

chapcrap wrote:It's a good discussion for another thread.

Make another thread.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Genoke on Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:46 pm

catnipdreams wrote:I don't want to take away from this thread and be off-topic, but I don't know where else to put this post... I don't think I am the right person to campaign for a major change in the clan world, but I would love to have a continuing discussion on ways to make the clan world more interesting. I understand that there are issues with having certain highly skilled players popping in and out of different games in different wars between different clans. However, that doesn't mean that we can't mix it up in some constructive ways. For instance, I am a solid player, but I am not a superstar. I could easily see players at my level of competence being part of a pool, that could be used by any clan to fill games if there was a temporary glitch going on with a particular clan. Pool members would still have a "home" clan, that they played for, but if they had room for extra games, they could list their pool availability. Maybe have something where both clans involved in a war agreed to which players from the pool could be used, or how many, or something like that. I was thinking the pool would be comprised of solid team players, but, we could also have superstars in it as well, just that both sides perhaps got one superstar each? Anyway, some thoughts, and let's please continue this discussion elsewhere; we are here on this site for fun, and imo, this "mixing it up" could be really fun!!

this must be thought over very well. with a straight structure and rules about it. Otherwise we creat a pool where clans can hire some players from (could made effects on the outcome of a clan war)
But if there would be a clan in trouble...and they can continue their tourney with having 1 or 2 more players...how can we solve that...players from clan 5 can join clan 32? I hope you see the difficulty...
Maybe create a pool from clanless people....? so they can hump in wherever needed?
My CC:
show
Brigadier Genoke

Postby Doc_Brown on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:25 pm

Genoke wrote:
catnipdreams wrote:I don't want to take away from this thread and be off-topic, but I don't know where else to put this post... I don't think I am the right person to campaign for a major change in the clan world, but I would love to have a continuing discussion on ways to make the clan world more interesting. I understand that there are issues with having certain highly skilled players popping in and out of different games in different wars between different clans. However, that doesn't mean that we can't mix it up in some constructive ways. For instance, I am a solid player, but I am not a superstar. I could easily see players at my level of competence being part of a pool, that could be used by any clan to fill games if there was a temporary glitch going on with a particular clan. Pool members would still have a "home" clan, that they played for, but if they had room for extra games, they could list their pool availability. Maybe have something where both clans involved in a war agreed to which players from the pool could be used, or how many, or something like that. I was thinking the pool would be comprised of solid team players, but, we could also have superstars in it as well, just that both sides perhaps got one superstar each? Anyway, some thoughts, and let's please continue this discussion elsewhere; we are here on this site for fun, and imo, this "mixing it up" could be really fun!!

this must be thought over very well. with a straight structure and rules about it. Otherwise we creat a pool where clans can hire some players from (could made effects on the outcome of a clan war)
But if there would be a clan in trouble...and they can continue their tourney with having 1 or 2 more players...how can we solve that...players from clan 5 can join clan 32? I hope you see the difficulty...
Maybe create a pool from clanless people....? so they can hump in wherever needed?

Clan mercenaries!
Colonel Doc_Brown

Postby Chariot of Fire on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:42 pm

With a great deal of personal info in our clan forum as well as a valuable insight into how we prepare for each challenge I find the notion of admitting 'part time' players from another clan to be quite preposterous, if I'm perfectly frank.

Also let's face it - if any clan were to loan out any of its members they would hardly be top drawer material and possibly unreliable. That then brings into the equation how they would be covered (i.e. by whom) and opens another can of worms when it comes to confidentiality contained in PMs with stored passwords belonging to members of a rival clan.

Nice idea, but really quite implausible.

Now a pool of mercenary players who are currently clanless - that would be something else entirely.
Highest position #5 (18 Nov 2010) General 4,380pts (11 Dec 2010)
Colonel Chariot of Fire

Postby eddie2 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:14 am

Chariot of Fire wrote:With a great deal of personal info in our clan forum as well as a valuable insight into how we prepare for each challenge I find the notion of admitting 'part time' players from another clan to be quite preposterous, if I'm perfectly frank.

Also let's face it - if any clan were to loan out any of its members they would hardly be top drawer material and possibly unreliable. That then brings into the equation how they would be covered (i.e. by whom) and opens another can of worms when it comes to confidentiality contained in PMs with stored passwords belonging to members of a rival clan.

Nice idea, but really quite implausible.

Now a pool of mercenary players who are currently clanless - that would be something else entirely.

got to agree with this....

look at the kort via aka war if i was to approach tofu and afos(over 60 players) and fielded there players via kort would that really be aka via kort ????
also there will be abuse when it comes down to map choices... clans look for other clans weak maps, so you put the time and effort into doing that they see the map and go to this pool of players to find someone who can play it. this will take a lot of fairness out of wars and might be fun for those who are in higher ranked clans with more players than games available but not for lower ranked ones whose players won't get games. this will also mess with the f400 rank board because clans using these players and winning wars will be getting points they do not deserve.
Lieutenant eddie2

Postby chemefreak on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:30 pm

Sorry to interrupt the discussion that appears to be advocating a position contrary to the 1CCR...but I wanted to update you on the Unofficial Straw polls in CDF:

Straw poll #1: 60% of clans (20 voting so far) are in favor of SOME type of penalty for a clan withdrawing from a major event.

Straw poll #2: 60% of clans (15 voting so far) are NOT in favor of penalizing the clan AND ALL of its members.

So, at this point, I have opened up a discussion thread in CDF to see where they think we should go from there. After a bit I will come back and report on how that discussion is going. Thanks!

EDIT:

Just to make sure everyone is clear, the current CD Team is pretty anti-penalty in this situation (especially where a clan asks for permission). So the purpose of the unofficial straw polls and our posting the raw numbers here is simply to provide an opportunity to see if there is a consensus on any one course of action. Thanks!
:twisted: ChemE :twisted:
братья в рукоятках
I ♥ ++The Legion++
Lieutenant chemefreak

Previous

Return to Clan Archives