Conquer Club

Achievement on Profile?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Achievement on Profile?

Postby Lindax on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:09 pm

What the new "Achievement" thingy for? It's on people's profile page. One can't seem to fill something in though....

Another update that went unannounced? Or did I miss something?

Lx
"Winning Solves Everything" - Graeko
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Re: Achievement on Profile?

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:28 pm

I don't see anything? :?
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Gilligan on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:29 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:I don't see anything? :?

Luck:View TheForgivenOne's dice stats
Achievement:
Captain Gilligan

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:07 pm

Gilligan wrote:
TheForgivenOne wrote:I don't see anything? :?

Luck:View TheForgivenOne's dice stats
Achievement:

Hmmm, interesting.

I've pointed it out to blake, so maybe he'll know?
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby greenoaks on Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:39 pm

Lindax wrote:What the new "Achievement" thingy for? It's on people's profile page. One can't seem to fill something in though....

Lx

highest rank.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:05 pm

Vertical spacing is a bit off.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Gilligan on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:48 pm

Dukasaur wrote:Vertical spacing is a bit off.

Probably cause there's no text next to it.
Captain Gilligan

Postby Lindax on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:57 pm

Gilligan wrote:

Exactly! What vertical spacing? :lol:

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Lindax on Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:58 pm

greenoaks wrote:
Lindax wrote:What the new "Achievement" thingy for? It's on people's profile page. One can't seem to fill something in though....

Lx

highest rank.

Does that mean I don't have one?

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:21 am

Lindax wrote:
Gilligan wrote:

Exactly! What vertical spacing? :lol:

Lx

The distance between "Luck" and "Achievement" looks much greater than the distance between "Achievement" and "Country".
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby blakebowling on Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:23 am

That space should contain a link to your medal stats page (and any other user's medal stats page). I'm not sure why it isn't showing up properly.
Private blakebowling

Postby sdh on Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:32 am

blakebowling wrote:That space should contain a link to your medal stats page (and any other user's medal stats page). I'm not sure why it isn't showing up properly.

Nice, I wanted this when medal stats was first introduced :)

Will high scores ever show on the profile page?
Colonel sdh

Postby blakebowling on Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:03 am

sdh wrote:
blakebowling wrote:That space should contain a link to your medal stats page (and any other user's medal stats page). I'm not sure why it isn't showing up properly.

It's possible, though they aren't currently recorded, so the best we could do is high score since implementation (i.e. if I implemented it today, it would show your high score from today on)
Private blakebowling

Postby zimmah on Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:18 am

blakebowling wrote:
sdh wrote:

It's possible, though they aren't currently recorded, so the best we could do is high score since implementation (i.e. if I implemented it today, it would show your high score from today on)

i'd like that, although sadly it's been a long time since i had a score above 2000 points.

I should really play some more serious games to get back at the 2000+ mark.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:14 am

That would be fine by me. :D
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Lindax on Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:01 pm

That makes sense.... NOT!

Everybody can see what medals you have on the same profile page and everybody has a link to their own Medal Stats on the menu on the left.... Why would anybody want to see somebody else's Medal Stats? You guys surely have better things to do.

Why not leave it to the users to fill in the achievement they want there? Then people can use "Interests" for interests instead of their highest score, etc.

And then properly announce the update, of course.

Lx
Colonel Lindax
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:04 pm

Lindax wrote:

That makes sense.... NOT!

Everybody can see what medals you have on the same profile page and everybody has a link to their own Medal Stats on the menu on the left.... Why would anybody want to see somebody else's Medal Stats? You guys surely have better things to do.

Why not leave it to the users to fill in the achievement they want there? Then people can use "Interests" for interests instead of their highest score, etc.

And then properly announce the update, of course.

Lx

Click image to enlarge.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby ljex on Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:20 pm

blakebowling wrote:
sdh wrote:

there is no way to data mine the historical games? maprank comes up with a high score so couldnt you do something similar?
Major ljex

Postby blakebowling on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:33 pm

ljex wrote:
blakebowling wrote:
sdh wrote:

there is no way to data mine the historical games? maprank comes up with a high score so couldnt you do something similar?

We can data mine the old games, however some games are missing game logs due to a server mishap, so those couldn't be recovered. The problem with data mining in this large of a dataset with this many parameters (we'd have to mine for every user on the site), the amount of time and processing power required would be unrealistic. I'll keep looking into it to see what we can do.
Private blakebowling

Postby eddie2 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:35 pm

lol do we get one for most multis busted at once :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Captain eddie2

Postby greenoaks on Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:10 pm

blakebowling wrote:
ljex wrote:
blakebowling wrote:
sdh wrote:

We can data mine the old games, however some games are missing game logs due to a server mishap, so those couldn't be recovered. The problem with data mining in this large of a dataset with this many parameters (we'd have to mine for every user on the site), the amount of time and processing power required would be unrealistic. I'll keep looking into it to see what we can do.

you'd only have to do it once. after that it would be an hourly check of the scoreboard vs that field.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby ljex on Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:16 pm

blakebowling wrote:
ljex wrote:
blakebowling wrote:
sdh wrote:

you would only need to do it for active users, so accounting for about about 13,000 users or a total approximate game count of 13,000,000 (1,000 per user on average). I dont know that much about how long it would take to extract that data from the game logs, but i regularly extract 500,000k + records at my work and that only takes 5-10 minutes. Granted that software likely houses the data so it is easier to extract.

If you can get the username and points won/lost in time order in an excel file it is not hard to calculate a running tally and the maximum for each player.

I dont know how long it would take to do the data dump in excel very well but i think you are overestimating the time it would take to go back and calculate such each players high score. From there when players return you can calculate them on an individual, weekly or monthly basis to keep it up and running.
Major ljex

Postby blakebowling on Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:20 pm

greenoaks wrote:
blakebowling wrote:
ljex wrote:
blakebowling wrote:
sdh wrote:

you'd only have to do it once. after that it would be an hourly check of the scoreboard vs that field.

That's true, and it is possible, but to calculate them all at once would require a website downtime. I'm looking into distributing the load over time to get this done. It'll take some time to get this setup though.

@ljex: most likely it will be either a thing that is done for scoreboard active users, or maybe a thing that is triggered on login if it isn't already calculated.

I'll continue to look into it, as it is something I'd like to do, but I have a long-established list of things that have to be done.
Private blakebowling

Postby ljex on Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:33 pm

blakebowling wrote:That's true, and it is possible, but to calculate them all at once would require a website downtime. I'm looking into distributing the load over time to get this done. It'll take some time to get this setup though.

@ljex: most likely it will be either a thing that is done for scoreboard active users, or maybe a thing that is triggered on login if it isn't already calculated.

I'll continue to look into it, as it is something I'd like to do, but I have a long-established list of things that have to be done.

Yes i agree, that would cut the records required significantly. If you can get the data out of cc into excel in order i can calculate it for you no problem.
Major ljex

Postby greenoaks on Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:20 pm

blakebowling wrote:
greenoaks wrote:
blakebowling wrote:
ljex wrote:
blakebowling wrote: It's possible, though they aren't currently recorded, so the best we could do is high score since implementation (i.e. if I implemented it today, it would show your high score from today on)

That's true, and it is possible, but to calculate them all at once would require a website downtime. I'm looking into distributing the load over time to get this done. It'll take some time to get this setup though.

site-wide downtime (so no rush) is when i was thinking it would happen but only for those on the scoreboard.

inactive accounts would only get that field filled if they come back (just like medals awarded).
Sergeant greenoaks

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion