Conquer Club

[Rules] Don't Award Points to Deadbeat / Kicked Partners

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

[Rules] Don't Award Points to Deadbeat / Kicked Partners

Postby kingwaffles on Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:27 pm

Mod Edit: This suggestion and the dozen other threads merged with it call for deadbeat or rule-violating teammates to not receive points, in doubles, triples, and quadruples games. The points not received by the deadbeat/violator would then go to all teammates who fought it out until death or the end. So far, this suggestion has not been rejected and its status is still open. If you have anything to contribute, please post here instead of making a new topic. If there is a topic you feel that should be merged with this thread, contact a mod on the Suggestions Team.

Also, see this variation of the suggestion
-James K

I just played a doubles game where my partner took their first turn then didnt play after that and was dropped. I managed to win in the end but he still got half the points. I think that if someone gets kicked or surrenders in a doubles or triples game they shouldnt get any points, or if they do it should be a small fraction of what the other player gets.

BTW great job on everything Lackattack!
Last edited by JamesKer1 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Added Intro
Corporal 1st Class kingwaffles

Postby molestar on Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:45 am

this happened to me also.

That Johnny Rockets is a deadbeat fool and he got my points.

:roll: I should be Lieutenant by now
Sergeant 1st Class molestar

Postby thegrimsleeper on Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:00 am

I think if someone gets kicked, or surrenders, and YOU win the game for the team? He should be a loser like the others. And you should take everyone's points.
Sergeant 1st Class thegrimsleeper

Postby max is gr8 on Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:40 pm

I think it should be the remaining team members get points BUT the other team member (s) DOESN'T get points or lose points.
Corporal max is gr8

Deadbeat Partners

Postby dussle on Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:53 am

I've noticed that whenever my partner is a deadbeat, he doesn't lose points at the end when we're the losing team, and I have to lose double to pay for it. That is ridiculous. Is there anyway to stop this?
Sergeant dussle

Postby HighBorn on Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:06 am

you dont lose double just what you would lose normally to the winning teams avarage. the only way to avoid this is to only play with people you trust in teams... also helps to have seperate im set up with them
Private 1st Class HighBorn

Postby Joe McCarthy on Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:30 am

HE WAS RIGHT TO DEADBEAT YOU ACCORDING TO THE BUSHWACKERS, BECAUSE HE GOT INTO THE GAME AND REALIZED YOU WERENT A FELLOW CLANSMAN. HE ONLY WAS WRONG BECAUSE HE DIDNT MAKE A FAKE OFFER TO PLAY IT OUT AND THEN RETRACT IT.
Corporal 1st Class Joe McCarthy

Postby zorba_ca on Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:41 am

Joe McCarthy wrote:HE WAS RIGHT TO DEADBEAT YOU ACCORDING TO THE BUSHWACKERS, BECAUSE HE GOT INTO THE GAME AND REALIZED YOU WERENT A FELLOW CLANSMAN. HE ONLY WAS WRONG BECAUSE HE DIDNT MAKE A FAKE OFFER TO PLAY IT OUT AND THEN RETRACT IT.

Wow! If not for the overwhelming evidence of his death, I could be convinced Sen. Joe McCarthy is alive and well, and an active member of CC. :)
Major zorba_ca

Postby HighBorn on Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:45 am

Joe McCarthy wrote:HE WAS RIGHT TO DEADBEAT YOU ACCORDING TO THE BUSHWACKERS, BECAUSE HE GOT INTO THE GAME AND REALIZED YOU WERENT A FELLOW CLANSMAN. HE ONLY WAS WRONG BECAUSE HE DIDNT MAKE A FAKE OFFER TO PLAY IT OUT AND THEN RETRACT IT.

As ususal joe eat a dick....
Private 1st Class HighBorn

Postby dussle on Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:54 pm

HighBorn wrote:you dont lose double just what you would lose normally to the winning teams avarage. the only way to avoid this is to only play with people you trust in teams... also helps to have seperate im set up with them

I don't know, in the game I lost 23 points and they got 11.
Sergeant dussle

Postby zip_disk on Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:07 pm

11 apiece... 11 x 2 = 22 since you can't give half points.
Captain zip_disk

Postby reverend_kyle on Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:10 pm

Joe, if you cant work with someone you cant win a game with them.... Like if I accidentally joined a game with haha... I dont think i could win that game... I would want to kill him.. I am pretty accepting, hell, jay and I won a game together...
DANCING MUSTARD FOR POOP IN '08!
Sergeant reverend_kyle

partner dead beats right off I still win and he gets half

Postby Loudawg on Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:54 am

that sux
she ate my enema and left me nothing to lick
Colonel Loudawg

Location: hong kong macau vietnam philippines taiwan thailand indonesia

Postby Loudawg on Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:59 am

I manage to pull out a victory and he never even showed up and at the end of the game he steals have my points that I earned ... come on you guys ... is it because you are worried that people will abuse it that you let this go on? anyones thoughts?
Colonel Loudawg

Postby Phobia on Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:59 am

point hogger :P
Sergeant 1st Class Phobia

Postby reverend_kyle on Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:00 am

you did use his armies.
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby AK_iceman on Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:00 am

well, i think that as long as you can get points from deadbeats if you beat them, if they win they should get points too.
Sergeant 1st Class AK_iceman

Postby reverend_kyle on Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:05 am

AK_iceman wrote:well, i think that as long as you can get points from deadbeats if you beat them, if they win they should get points too.

especially since their partner gets all their armies.. that can put a team at quite an advantage.
Sergeant reverend_kyle

Postby Loudawg on Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:19 am

see I disagree .. I didnt get to use those armies until turn 4 and loss the mobility of him using his intitial three armies of deployment per turn .. where the other teams were getting a bonus 6 armies a turn and I was only getting 3 a turn ... by the time I did get to utilize his armies there was not much left but I had managed to get a good foothold in austrailia which in the end saved me
Colonel Loudawg

Postby Loudawg on Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:25 am

I personally hope it never happens to me again I did not feel that I was put at an advantage ... I am new and have a hard time finding a good partner 'cept in triples where I often sneak onto Pilate's teams alot .. he is a good guy ... I can never seem to find enough team games .. maybe 5 percent of my games are team games then I hear about the new general how he plays almost all team games and wonder .....
Colonel Loudawg

Postby sully800 on Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:01 pm

Thats because he has a group of 5 or so people that he plays with all the time. That's the way a lot of the good team players on here do it. You develop friendships and find guys that your play style is compatible with...then you end up playing with them a lot and you don't have to worry about situations like this.
Major sully800

Dead beats...

Postby Molacole on Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:15 am

It's annoying having dead beats be the deciding factor in a game. It bothers me even more when I see them gain points after dead beating.

Then you have the intentional deadbeats who start their turn and never place any armies just to make you wait in sequential games if they know they're doomed.
Lieutenant Molacole

Deadbeats getting points for winning games

Postby yossarian87 on Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:12 pm

Currently, if your partner deadbeats in a doubles game, but you go on to win the game anyways, you still split the point gain with your partner. I think it would be more fair give winning deadbeats 0 points, and to split the points among the winning players who either played through the whole game or were killed in action.
Brigadier yossarian87

Postby kc-jake on Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:21 pm

So are you saying that when you have a deadbeat on your team and you lose, that you should be the only one on your team who loses points?

I think that your idea will only complicate the points system, which is designed to have a points total of (number of players) * 1000 at all times. If you do something like this, you could screw up the number of points someone would win/lose in a match, simply because of a deadbeat.

Besides, if you don't like how low your score is, you should just win games like I do.
I was a major back when 1600 was major. Now that I'm back, I get to easily win a bunch of games to get my rank. Thank the 'tards here who suck at this game.
imhot4jesus wrote:Literacy never hurt anybody.

Highest Rank: #154 (Oct 05 '06)
Highest Score: 1725 (Jul 18 '08)
Sergeant 1st Class kc-jake

Postby Ishiro on Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:12 pm

Sure... but we'd have to switch back to deadbeat countries going neutral instead of them passing to their teammate.
Corporal 1st Class Ishiro

Next

Return to Suggestions