Conquer Club

It should be harder to achive Conqueror

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: It should be harder to achive Conqueror

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:05 pm

You're both clueless. :lol:

If you actually read our posts properly, both pickleofdoom and I used the OP's typo to say ARCHIVE. We're not even talking about achieving Conqueror.

Nice of you to be so arrogant though.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby chapcrap on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:25 am

I got it, but also thought you were being just a ignorant as the OP because it does not say archive. It says achive.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:39 am

I always assumed KH aided demonfork and used the account for a week to get his faithful friend conqueror.

Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:56 pm

chapcrap wrote:I got it, but also thought you were being just a ignorant as the OP because it does not say archive. It says achive.

I knew what it said, just playing off the typo, so I'm not being ignorant.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:35 pm

Is it harder to a chive a conqueoror, or to a shallot a conqueror?
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Captain Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby greenoaks on Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:56 pm

it is easier now to become Conquerer than it was.

1. Blitzaholic is gone
2. there are close to half the players on the scoreboard
3. Blitzaholic is gone
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby ljex on Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:52 pm

greenoaks wrote:it is easier now to become Conquerer than it was.

1. Blitzaholic is gone
3. Blitzaholic is gone

there are more complicated settings that increase the skill of the game with trench and a lot of the maps out there

Also the point total required is less now then it has been since i can remember.
Major ljex

Postby Bruceswar on Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:50 pm

ljex wrote:

1. Blitzaholic is gone
3. Blitzaholic is gone

there are more complicated settings that increase the skill of the game with trench and a lot of the maps out there

Also the point total required is less now then it has been since i can remember.

So you mean more farming going on with shitty maps and settings nobody likes? That is great!!
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby greenoaks on Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:23 pm

ljex wrote:

1. Blitzaholic is gone
3. Blitzaholic is gone

now you only have to have a score higher than approx 13000 players whereas you use to have to be higher than 22000.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Bruceswar on Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:50 am

greenoaks wrote:
ljex wrote:

1. Blitzaholic is gone
3. Blitzaholic is gone

now you only have to have a score higher than approx 13000 players whereas you use to have to be higher than 22000.

But that score is lower than before... soo that is saying nothing... It was harder back then...
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby greenoaks on Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:55 am

Bruceswar wrote:
greenoaks wrote:
ljex wrote:

1. Blitzaholic is gone
3. Blitzaholic is gone

But that score is lower than before... soo that is saying nothing... It was harder back then...

so it is easier now
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby ljex on Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:14 am

greenoaks wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
greenoaks wrote:
ljex wrote:

1. Blitzaholic is gone
3. Blitzaholic is gone

so it is easier now

yes, but for a different reason then you are stating...used to take a higher score then it does now.

Farming is what you make of it bruce, there are many who manipulate their score in various ways and few of them do so to achieve conqueror. It is something that will always exist.
Major ljex

Postby greenoaks on Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:25 am

ljex wrote:
greenoaks wrote:
Bruceswar wrote:
greenoaks wrote:
ljex wrote:

1. Blitzaholic is gone
3. Blitzaholic is gone

so it is easier now

yes, but for a different reason then you are stating...used to take a higher score then it does now.

Farming is what you make of it bruce, there are many who manipulate their score in various ways and few of them do so to achieve conqueror. It is something that will always exist.

the more people there are the higher the high score is likely to be. the Conquerer sits atop a pyramid of players. the more players the higher that peak is.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby ljex on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:17 pm

greenoaks wrote:the more people there are the higher the high score is likely to be. the Conquerer sits atop a pyramid of players. the more players the higher that peak is.

not true at all...the more willing someone is to manipulate their score the higher the score. The high score a player can achieve is based on expected points won vs lost in their game of choice and their win percentage. No where in that calculating is the number of active players on the scoreboard. Its really simple, people arent as dedicated at manipulating their score for lengthy periods of time to drive that number higher like they were in the past. Think King Herpes for example who continued playing city mogul 1 vs 1 for well over a year. Who now as a conqueror continues to play their farming map?
Major ljex

Postby Bruceswar on Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:44 am

Right now the conquer is not a farmer... but you are right farming can be a number of things.... There are just more chances to farm now than in the past.
Corporal Bruceswar

Postby Armandolas on Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:12 am

Just look at n3 right now. Can u consider him a farmer? I dont.He just plays what he likes to play most. Creates his games and if someone wants to join, fair enough.
Will i look at him as a true conqueror?Not really as he can only play a couple of maps in 1 setting only.
Thats what this topic is about...if it should be harder to achive Conqueror
Colonel Armandolas

Postby ljex on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:21 pm

Armandolas wrote:Just look at n3 right now. Can u consider him a farmer? I dont.He just plays what he likes to play most. Creates his games and if someone wants to join, fair enough.
Will i look at him as a true conqueror?Not really as he can only play a couple of maps in 1 setting only.
Thats what this topic is about...if it should be harder to achive Conqueror

whats to say that any of the past conquerors didnt create games they found fun? sure all of them created games they found fun and cared about score but so does the current conqueror.

I dont consider him a farmer per say, but I also dont see a huge correlation between skill and score as there are easy ways to manipulate ones score.
Major ljex

Postby Armandolas on Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:59 pm

What i meant was. The previous conqueror that i know, Gen.Leewhatever, just created games and convinced noobs to join the games he wanted to play. We would notopenly create a speed game waiting for a any opponent to join, because he was afraid, he just wanted easy points against bad players in those setting and maps.Thats, in my opinion, farming.
And once again, there is no correlation between skill and score the way it is now, but like title says, it should be harder to achieve it.
For ex, disregarding what you have done in the past, if u achieve conqueror again without farming and cheating, then you would become a good one, you just mastered almost all of CC's settings and maps.
Colonel Armandolas

Postby ljex on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:45 pm

Armandolas wrote:What i meant was. The previous conqueror that i know, Gen.Leewhatever, just created games and convinced noobs to join the games he wanted to play. We would notopenly create a speed game waiting for a any opponent to join, because he was afraid, he just wanted easy points against bad players in those setting and maps.Thats, in my opinion, farming.
And once again, there is no correlation between skill and score the way it is now, but like title says, it should be harder to achieve it.
For ex, disregarding what you have done in the past, if u achieve conqueror again without farming and cheating, then you would become a good one, you just mastered almost all of CC's settings and maps.

I never cheated...lets make that very clear. I didnt even have very many foes (only one team who was account sharing) and i never sat for my teammates. Say what you want about my map choice and being a farmer...but i never broke any site rules
Major ljex

Postby demonfork on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:05 pm

ljex wrote:
Armandolas wrote:What i meant was. The previous conqueror that i know, Gen.Leewhatever, just created games and convinced noobs to join the games he wanted to play. We would notopenly create a speed game waiting for a any opponent to join, because he was afraid, he just wanted easy points against bad players in those setting and maps.Thats, in my opinion, farming.

I never cheated...lets make that very clear. I didnt even have very many foes (only one team who was account sharing) and i never sat for my teammates. Say what you want about my map choice and being a farmer...but i never broke any site rules

99% of cc will never have what it takes to be Conqueror. Accusing Conquerors of farming is their only out for why they were never able to make it. I was also accused of farming despite the fact that 99% of the games that I played when I made Conq were public games that I started that were open to anyone that wanted to join.
Captain demonfork

Postby ljex on Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:32 pm

demonfork wrote:
ljex wrote:

99% of cc will never have what it takes to be Conqueror. Accusing Conquerors of farming is their only out for why they were never able to make it. I was also accused of farming despite the fact that 99% of the games that I played when I made Conq were public games that I started that were open to anyone that wanted to join.

the argument for farming around freestyle will always be there...that i can live with. It is someone thinking i cheated to get there that pisses me off
Major ljex

Postby TeeGee on Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:47 am

Everyone has a different way to get there.

Congrats to ALL those who made it (excluding those who got busted for cheating along the way)
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Postby Armandolas on Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:18 am

ljex wrote:

Sry mate, a misunderstanding maybe. I never said you cheated. I believe some people did, but i didnt, i just recently popped into your name so i cant accuse you of anything. Anyway, that was not my point. My point was that if u do achieve conqueror again , you have what i "consider legit" to become a conqueror(good achievements in all settings)
Colonel Armandolas

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:33 pm

TeeGee wrote:Everyone has a different way to get there.

Congrats to ALL those who made it (excluding those who got busted for cheating along the way)

You and your cheerfulness....

Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby JOHNNYROCKET24 on Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:54 pm

betiko wrote:only a conqueror/past conqueror can complain that it's too easy to get.

Honestly, Its a lot harder than you think.
JR's Game Profile

show
Captain JOHNNYROCKET24

Previous

Return to Conquer Club Discussion