Conquer Club

CYOC II Game Over!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Choose Your Own Character Mafia II [17/17] D1!

Postby sheepofdumb on Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:52 am

Gilligan wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
aage wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:
So, it looks like edoc and aage get their wish on D2.

Is jonty going to flip scum?

I suppose he'd know.

I would :D

Watch your quote there...sounds like you'd flip, not know

Yeah, but then people would be misquoting him and that should be easily fixed.
I AM MASTER SHEEP, TEH AWESOME

DoomYoshi wrote:Test it on me. Tree stump is my favorite role anyway lol. Next time I am picking Wispy Woods as my character.
Corporal sheepofdumb

Postby pancakemix on Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:06 pm

I know the deadline proposed in the rules has been passed. I'm not enforcing it right now. Don't have time to.

VC incoming.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby pancakemix on Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:14 pm

Vote Count

Sheep - 1 ( spiesr)
Neb - 1 ( DJ)
Jonty - 6 (aage, newguy, Doom, /, edoc, strike)
Doom - 2 (Sheep, Gilligan)
aage - 1 (neb)
edoc - 1 (Stubbs)

9 to lynch. Any prods you want made, let me know
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby jonty125 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:13 pm

unvote for now (from both no lynch and Doom ;)), deadline isn't imminent.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby spiesr on Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:33 pm

So, were you going to try to prove that your powers work the way you said they do or are you going to just accept your fate?
Captain spiesr

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:57 pm

Im wondering though. If we do have him test his abilities, should we as town try to choose who he tries it on or will that slow the game down too much.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby safariguy5 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:32 pm

I think it would be reasonably easy to test the power at least in terms of accuracy. I'm sure his targets will be informed of their vote manipulation. This is easily tested early on, so I'm not entirely sure the lynch is necessary. I don't think we necessarily need to lynch Day 1 for the sake of lynching. Certainly, no lynching with no information is not good, but we had a claim and the composition of the players on the wagon, so I'm of the opinion that it's not a wasted day should no blood be shed.
Captain safariguy5

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:58 pm

Test it on me. Tree stump is my favorite role anyway lol. Next time I am picking Wispy Woods as my character.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby sheepofdumb on Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:17 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Test it on me. Tree stump is my favorite role anyway lol. Next time I am picking Wispy Woods as my character.

I'm holding you to that.
I AM MASTER SHEEP, TEH AWESOME

Corporal sheepofdumb

Postby jonty125 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:11 am

Doom, I have commanded you to vote no lynch.
Cook jonty125

Postby StubbsKVM on Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:00 am

:-s

is there any proof you actually used it?
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby jonty125 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:29 am

StubbsKVM wrote::-s

is there any proof you actually used it?

Doom will be able to confirm.
Cook jonty125

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:21 am

Ok. I don't mind losing my vote tomorrow. In any case, it still won't prove whether or not jonty is town.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jonty125 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:23 am

DoomYoshi wrote:Ok. I don't mind losing my vote tomorrow. In any case, it still won't prove whether or not jonty is town.

You could vote no lynch, and keep your vote.
Cook jonty125

Postby aage on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:32 am

DoomYoshi wrote:Ok. I don't mind losing my vote tomorrow. In any case, it still won't prove whether or not jonty is town.

This.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:50 am

Ok. I got a command.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Djfireside on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:42 pm

Okay so that confirms the action not the alignment or the action afterwards but at least it holds some merit
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby edocsil on Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:52 pm

It's not like any of us doubted his abilities.

I'm on the road so pardon my formatting, this is directed at neb.

He was at L-2. Nobody else was voting for him. I didn't feel like scratching my butt for the next couple weeks while nothing happens. Isn't the goal to get a lynch? Would you rather have us stalemate to a lynch on Jonty? Is that better?

l-2 takes but 1-2 votes to force. l-7 takes a ton of effort to do anything about. I don't really understand how this would really advance anything at all.

Your entire D1 vs D2 logic is moronic. I will not be lynched to day, Aage, and many others fall into that same boat. However some of us have acted suspicions and warrant, investigations or other methods alignment determination (roleblock/track/watch) while it would be foolish to hang those people its good to see if they are aggressive town or scum during the night. Also, its good to read into people who support each other to some degree doom, aage and I appear linked, with you (neb) and jonty readily ape-are linked. Delving into those relationships offers much more POTENTIAL information and we should be following leads that maximize information gain in a minimum number of days. As to why you don't recognize this, I have no idea.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby Nebuchadnezer on Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:24 pm

Yah, I'm not sure why we needed to confirm that Jonty's power was what he claimed. It advances nothing. More of a sideshow.
Sergeant 1st Class Nebuchadnezer

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:18 pm

Nebuchadnezer wrote:Yah, I'm not sure why we needed to confirm that Jonty's power was what he claimed. It advances nothing. More of a sideshow.

I have to agree, I don't think any of us really didn't think he had the powers, but it doesn't prove he's town.

Also, my net cut out when I went to post, so I lost my power. Drew Carey probably did it because he wanted to watch me pull out my last remaining hairs.

edocsil wrote:TLDR: I think jonty and neb are scum buddies. I want to hang jonty and test my scumbuddy hypothesis if jonty in fact proves to be scum.

This really really bugs me for a reason. I believe it's because the whole "If jonty turns up scum, neb is probz scum". To me, just because you're defending someone, doesn't exactly mean your partners. [This probably makes me look dumb, but I had it worded better before. DAMN YOU DREW!]
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby strike wolf on Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:54 pm

It's true it doesn't prove he's town. All it really does is keep him from being insta-lynched (If he can't prove his powers than he might as well be lying about having them and that's a situation where Lynch All Liars actually applies.) Is that worth much? Probably not at this point.

Secondly, I haven't said much about the Neb vs. Edoc/Aage scenario until the Jonty lynch was sorted out (For the reason that Edoc mentions) but I'm reevaluating my stance. The connection between Jonty and Neb is not nearly as strong as Edoc and Aage are playing it out to be (The case for their connection is about 50% wifom and 45% misinterpreting Neb's post (intentionally? don't know)). First off Edoc you said:

edocsil wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:I feel like this is a role that can be tested, but then again it could be kind of costly to try and test it. Regardless, if it indeed is town, it's most powerful near endgame. I don't think we need to make a lynch decision on this today.

unvote

Kinda do. No lynches are not permitted. We could never really determine if he is town or not either.

Based off of this it's not difficult to see how someone could understand that to be Edoc'sil saying that no lynches are against the rules. Also in scenarios where rules are misrepresented by a player it is not at all uncommon for another player to post the rule that has been misinterpreted to show the misinterpretation being made. So Aage and edoc's argument that he's trying to suggest that Neb is trying to lead town towards a no lynch is IMO witch hunt bull shit.

edocsil wrote:Also FoS Neb. You are splitting the votes needlessly. You were already wagoning jonty, and imo throwing him under the bus for town credit. Now you have seen that he is unlikely to receive a large support to lynch and you refer to our ability to NL but do not suggest it yourself because the one who suggests NL usually dies. You just casually bring it to everyone's attention, perhaps setting something up to pounce on. Then you vote Aage for extrapolating (suposedly) too far that you would perhaps support an no lynch, which is not a valid case even if it were factual. You by implication have tenancies to believe that a NL may be appropriate. You did in fact bring it up, and coincidentally gave jonty a door he could try to run through and live till tomorrow.

TLDR: I think jonty and neb are scum buddies. I want to hang jonty and test my scumbuddy hypothesis if jonty in fact proves to be scum.

That being said, the argument about Neb possibly splitting the vote does hold at least some water.

All in all, Edoc's attitude doesn't surprise me much, he usually tends to be one of the more aggressive players out there and while I disagree with a good portion of his argument, the aggressiveness is fairly par for the course and I would be more inclined to feel that Neb or Aage are scum (based on how Jonty flips) than Edoc. I just do not believe there's the strength in the Neb case as is being presented. Teams of two might make sense anyways. :-k
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby aage on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:42 am

strike wolf wrote:Based off of this it's not difficult to see how someone could understand that to be Edoc'sil saying that no lynches are against the rules. Also in scenarios where rules are misrepresented by a player it is not at all uncommon for another player to post the rule that has been misinterpreted to show the misinterpretation being made. So Aage and edoc's argument that he's trying to suggest that Neb is trying to lead town towards a no lynch is IMO witch hunt bull shit.

Is it?

neb wrote:If I wanted to vote "no lynch" I would, don't you think?

If I wanted to lynch Neb today, I would have voted for him. On page 17 I made a small side comment on his rulequote and went straight ahead with the case on Jonty (who actually did vote No Lynch, ironically) at which point Neb started a case against me about the two lines I posted, which both coincidentally were directed towards him. Edoc posted a response which I agreed with, and that's it. I'm not really seeing myself as the leader of any kind of hunt. Frankly, Neb highly overreacted in response to my comment, making himself scummy. His mentioning No Lynch has nothing to do with it any more (if it ever had in the first place).
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby strike wolf on Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:52 am

aage wrote:
Nebuchadnezer wrote:
edocsil wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:I feel like this is a role that can be tested, but then again it could be kind of costly to try and test it. Regardless, if it indeed is town, it's most powerful near endgame. I don't think we need to make a lynch decision on this today.

unvote

Kinda do. No lynches are not permitted. We could never really determine if he is town or not either.

Brutal...

7. You may vote ‘no lynch’ to end the day without a death.

So you favor a no lynch? Seems like we have a candidate for tomorrow already.

Yes Aage. Yes it is.

No you aren't trying to lynch him today. You were suggesting that based on that he would be a good case tomorrow.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby StubbsKVM on Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:10 pm

I'm liking strike wolf's posts very much.

Lynching Jonty would at least give us some information to go on for day 2. I can't say as much for anyone else really.
No lynch is not an option at this point.

Can we get an actual deadline for this day?

Vote Jonty

anyway. That's L-2, I believe.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby Gilligan on Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:16 pm

I feel the same way.

Vote Jonty
Captain Gilligan

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives