Which horror film scares you the most?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Which horror film scares you the most?

Postby jonesthecurl on Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:05 pm

pimpdave wrote:THE WEDDING PLANNER

I'll see that and I'll raise you the Bratz movie.
And remember what the poet said – “in booty there is loot, and in loot booty.” Or sump’n like that.
Sergeant jonesthecurl

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby Timminz on Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:12 pm

As an 8 or 9 year-old, Child's Play scared the ever-loving shit out of me.

Sometimes, when I get up to take a piss in the middle of the night, I will have flashbacks of Paranormal Activity.
jay_a2j wrote:lets not be so quick to judge Hitler
Captain Timminz

Medals: 55
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby MudPuppy on Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:17 pm

Halloween did it for me. For months after seeing it, I was lookin' around every corner of my paper route to make sure the boogeyman wasn't lurking there.

Imperial Dragoons - CC's longest running clan.
Major MudPuppy
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Medals: 97
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (12) Clan Achievement (11) Training Achievement (8)
General Contribution (1)

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:18 pm

Spoilers
Oh ya, Paranormal Activity was an instant classic, and yet I know so many people who got bored with it and didn't finish it. That's the thing with an American audience, they're stupid. Lots and more people disliked the camera style, and so they just lost interest in the film before the crazy sh*t happened.
To me, this was another horror film that got the idea right. In this movie you don't see any monsters, no unstoppable killers,... you just feel something is wrong... And the next thing you know you're being drug out of your bed by an invisible demon. That's a fantastic idea to terrify your audience with, because what person hasn't had a creepy feeling in a dark room? Now every time you get an eerie feeling you're going to think about that invisible monster dragging you to hell. That's great.

The first time that I ever watched the Evil Dead I remember so freakishly watching that possessed woman crawl over the ceiling and hide in the upper corner. Meanwhile Ash looked for her hiding behind furniture and such in that big open room. You could see her crouched up there, waiting, but Ash was clueless as to where she could be, and it created this terrible tension that I can still feel. Ugluglglg creepy.

Ikiru was scary?
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (3)

Postby nietzsche on Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:35 am

I'm not ashamed to say that the other night I watched The House at the end of the Street and enjoyed the cliche scary moments.

Drag me to Hell is amazing combination of horror and fun.

I've never been a fan of horror movies really. I just picked up The HOuse at the end of the Street to see Jennifer Lawrence.

Major nietzsche

Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:04 am

I can't think of a movie that's ever really scared me. The X-Files intro is about the closest thing I can think of. Creepy music.

BigBallinStalin wrote:
AslanTheKing wrote:The Evil Dead

this movie scares the shit out of you,
i think i was 16 when i was watching it with a friend,
he knew the movie, and when things got rough , he just left the room,
leaving me behind in the dark room ,
i was scared to leave the room,
and paralyzed after

Horror films only; no comedies please.

It's a homedy movie.

-TG
ImageEight-year olds, Dude.
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) General Achievement (1)

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:12 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:Ikiru was scary?

Guess it depends on the definition of scary.
Not scary in the "aahh it's a decapitated head" way, but scary in the "that actually represents the life of many people and it mind end up being mine as well" way.

Not sure if Ikiru was the best example of this, but it's the closest one I could think of. If we were allowed to put in books, I'd say The Tartar Steppe. That one really brings on the existential despair for me.
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Medals: 28
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (4)

Postby stahrgazer on Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:37 am

Psycho.
Four decades after I saw it I still sometimes have to swing the shower curtain back to check. Granted, sometimes my imagination worries about something in a mask (Halloween-like) but it's still the old "crazy dude swings knife at the vulnerable" that began with Psycho.
Captain stahrgazer

Medals: 52
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (1)
General Contribution (7)

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:12 am

stahrgazer wrote:Psycho.
Four decades after I saw it I still sometimes have to swing the shower curtain back to check. Granted, sometimes my imagination worries about something in a mask (Halloween-like) but it's still the old "crazy dude swings knife at the vulnerable" that began with Psycho.

All this time I have imagined you as a supple, nubile 17 year old and I was just waiting until you turned 18 to proclaim my desire.

:oops:
show
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Postby jonesthecurl on Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:43 am

DoomYoshi wrote:
stahrgazer wrote:Psycho.

All this time I have imagined you as a supple, nubile 17 year old and I was just waiting until you turned 18 to proclaim my desire.

:oops:

Do you live in a hotel and sometimes dress as your mother?
And remember what the poet said – “in booty there is loot, and in loot booty.” Or sump’n like that.
Sergeant jonesthecurl

Medals: 19
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby thegreekdog on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:26 am

Not a horror film, but the only time I've ever jumped from my seat in a movie theater was during Signs when the alien passes across the screen during the home movie.
Corporal 1st Class thegreekdog

Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:56 am

Haggis_McMutton wrote:

Not scary in the "aahh it's a decapitated head" way, but scary in the "that actually represents the life of many people and it mind end up being mine as well" way.

Not sure if Ikiru was the best example of this, but it's the closest one I could think of. If we were allowed to put in books, I'd say The Tartar Steppe. That one really brings on the existential despair for me.

Right, I get what Haggis is suggesting with his Ikiru pick. The scariness in the film isn't necessarily fright like Nightmare on Elm Street. It has more of a disquieting quality maybe: "disturbance; uneasiness, anxiety, worry; restlessness, unrest.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:21 pm

thegreekdog wrote:Not a horror film, but the only time I've ever jumped from my seat in a movie theater was during Signs when the alien passes across the screen during the home movie.

That scene was great!

Evil Dead 2013 was very entertaining.

House of a 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects were enjoyable horror films (funny too).

(I can't think of any film which scares me though... :/ Usually, I sit there and wonder about what I'd be doing at that moment in the film. Then I hit this point where the characters are being ridiculously stupid, so I get bored).
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:25 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
Haggis_McMutton wrote:

Right, I get what Haggis is suggesting with his Ikiru pick. The scariness in the film isn't necessarily fright like Nightmare on Elm Street. It has more of a disquieting quality maybe: "disturbance; uneasiness, anxiety, worry; restlessness, unrest.

--Andy

I view that film's main character as an example of extremely quick self-development. It's actually happy because without the cancer his life wouldn't have amounted to much.

Those underlined are necessary for individual development anyway, so perhaps some view that prospect as horrifying, but it should be perceived as better...
Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:27 pm

Surely, I agree that there is a sense of self-development, and there is a sense of happiness at the end for the individual.

The bureaucracy seemingly remains though, which is a bit disheartening.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

PreviousNext

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?