Conquer Club

The Wire Mafia Day 6 [4/13]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Wire Mafia Day 2 [12/13]

Postby betiko on Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:16 am

jonty125 wrote:
lynx_ wrote:Mod, what is a Wire Tap?

Mod, won't answer that question, and after a quick Google search, I came up with nothing. So that's leaves us with guesswork, IB has an ability to intercept telephone calls [or PMs in context], so I'm willing to guess, that either a) he could see SOME PM's or b) he could see who [singular, (his target)] was sending PMs to. Either way, it makes little difference, as IB can't shed any light on the situation, and he's now dead.

Let's get on with this lead. I am Detective Jimmy McNulty - Town Cop, and I investigated betiko last night; result - guilty. Vote betiko, I hear the gallows calling.

wow! two things mcnulty: you are a well known alcoholic in the BPD and there is lots of hate between you and me. I am Major Rowles, your superior and I kicked you out of my team because of your insubordination. Now your borderline conduct makes you go that far,or is it just the booze? Assuming you really are mcnulty and that I haven't been busdriven or anything like that.
Major betiko

Postby thechuck51 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:42 am

StubbsKVM wrote:some guys in the voting list that have been replaced(rishaed, cena)

fixed
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby jonty125 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:05 am

betiko wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
lynx_ wrote:Mod, what is a Wire Tap?

Mod, won't answer that question, and after a quick Google search, I came up with nothing. So that's leaves us with guesswork, IB has an ability to intercept telephone calls [or PMs in context], so I'm willing to guess, that either a) he could see SOME PM's or b) he could see who [singular, (his target)] was sending PMs to. Either way, it makes little difference, as IB can't shed any light on the situation, and he's now dead.

Let's get on with this lead. I am Detective Jimmy McNulty - Town Cop, and I investigated betiko last night; result - guilty. Vote betiko, I hear the gallows calling.

wow! two things mcnulty: you are a well known alcoholic in the BPD and there is lots of hate between you and me. I am Major Rowles, your superior and I kicked you out of my team because of your insubordination. Now your borderline conduct makes you go that far,or is it just the booze? Assuming you really are mcnulty and that I haven't been busdriven or anything like that.

Do you mean William Rawls?
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Re: The Wire Mafia Day 1 [13/13]

Postby StubbsKVM on Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:06 am

kgb007 wrote:
StubbsKVM wrote:Maybe those who've actually seen the series could give us an idea what roles may be out there.

In an effort to nullify lynx's vote and offer something meaningful, here goes...

So I recently watched season 1 and it's pretty fresh in my memory, this is my first time playing Mafia so i'm not 100% on all roles but from what I've read in the one of the other mafia games going on here..

betiko already mentioned the role of Omar, a possible SK, he did a lot of stealing from other drug gangs, also he did work with the BPD (baltimore police department) as a key witness to the murder of a witness to the original murder that kicked off the show - the opening scene refers to the aquittal of D (Avon's nephew) and i seem to remember a scene during the season where Omar was referred to as a "robin hood" of the ghetto by the police, for stealing drugs from the gangs and redistributing them to the less fortunate, not saying he IS a vig but a remote possibility? I definitely remember a scene where he just gave away some heroine to a woman with a baby who hadn't received her paycheck yet but i'm probably overanalyzing and reading too much into it for our game's purposes..

there's Avon Barksdale who was the leader of the drug cartel, I not sure of all the abilities but maybe GF? definitely mafia (DUH) Avon was basically the shot caller who had taken over the Towers in Baltimore has his turf to sell drugs, he was also involved in ordering several individual's murders

Stringer Bell was Avon's "first lieutenant" or right hand man and mafia as well, he executed a lot of Avon's orders, not sure what role he could fill - roleblocker, strongman?(just starting googling different mafia? again i have no idea what type of roles the mod gave out (except for mine of course) ;)

I could go on to less prominent roles from the show's drug gang but how many mafia do you think we have in a town of 13? and maybe Omar as a SK?? are there any vanilla mafia or townies for that matter?

on the flipside..mcnulty is obvious, he's the main detective in the show, and the one who lets slip to the judge regarding Avon's drug operation, most likely our cop, would we have more than one cop?

or how about a detective? is there a fundamental difference between cop and detective for our game? (i don't know) They do refer McNulty as Detective McNulty as he works in the Homicide Division, maybe someone else who's seen the show or played more than 1 mafia game before can lend their experience..

other possible cops/detectives from the show that might be in our game, Greggs (lesiban cop in the narcotics group), Prez (starts out as a bumbling idiot who turns into someone very good at connecting the dots), Bunk (McNulty's partner in Homicide), Det. Freamon (cagey old timer randomly assigned to the detail from a useless department, I believe he was working as someone who would categorize items that were pawned with values greater than $50 before getting assigned to this detail because he did good detective work on another detail years ago when that good detective work exposed internal/politcal corruption only to be to be asked where he wanted and not wanted to end up after the detail, of course he got his least favorite choice as punishment for "following the money"

after some serious digging, we could have a docter, the only character who comes to mind from season 1 is Dr. Randall Frazier, a very minor character who works in the city morgue but the people were already dead by the time they got to Fraizer so maybe not??

a roleblocker could be Lietenant Daniels (in charge of the detail) or Deputy Commissioner Rawls (2 levels in the chain of command above McNulty in Homicide) maybe he could a townie GF? (do they even have those in mafia games?) or Burrell could be roleblocker/GF as well, I think he was only Acting Commissioner in season 1, and not made full time until season 2 but he was the one who got an earful from the judge about Avon and the drugs and assigned Daniels to head up the detail early on

back to my vanilla question - do we think it's possible that there are vanilla mafia/townies? there were several lesser drug gang members that were foot soliders, D, Bodie, Bird, Wey Bey come to mind..and other cops for BPD that might not have a role for game - i don't know how fun the game would be if all of the town were cops like they were in the show but again i'll defer to the more experienced

Bubbles is a drug addict that is also an informant of sorts for Greggs (lesbian narcotics cop assigned to the detail), he was always good for a laugh or two during the episode but i was gonna suggest he might be in the game only as vanilla but on second thought he could be a watcher too??

hope this is enough to start on..

quoting this because I(and I assume others) have not seen The Wire.
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby StubbsKVM on Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:09 am

That's a fatal typo betiko

Jonty, wikipedia and kgb are all quoting "Rawls"

vote betiko
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby lynx_ on Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:03 am

betiko wrote:Assuming you really are mcnulty and that I haven't been busdriven or anything like that.

lolwut

Vote: betiko
Cook lynx_

Postby betiko on Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:41 am

betiko wrote:Sorry for spoiling but... Forgot about avon, i remembered stringer as the godfather all the way..

But yeah, rawls is a major ass and there s lots of internal fights in the PD, i don t know how chuck reflected this in the game...

My guess here would be 9 townies 1 third party (omar) 3 scum. The reason why I think omar is in is because you can ask anyone who knows the show, they will all remember omar, he is very charismatic and he suits perfectly the role of a third party of some sort. By the way, i was surprised to see on spiesr s link that he is actually inspired by a real character who did the same in baltimore.

So comrade, any particular reason you get uncomfortable with an omar conversation?

Fastposted

I've already breadcrumbed it earlier. I know my character is an asshole and does everything to get in mcnulty's way being his boss. I was wondering how this would turn up in a mcnaulty vs rawls fight. And I see now... Anyway, lynching me would be a big mistake. I'm pretty sure that if any other cop investigates me other than mcnulty i will come out inocent because me and mcnulty hate each other's gut. With so many cop roles out there you can be sure chuck came out with some twists. Oh and me misspelling rawls would mean I'm guilty?? lol. Great detective work, you're all demoted and transfered, you'll be taking care of the car traffic.
Rawls is a major character in the show and I doubt we'll find any counter claim in here. I have a PR pretty useful to town that will be very useful later on.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:43 am

by the way for those who haven't seen the show: Rawls is not a corrupt cop, he is just very career oriented and does all t takes to lower the crime rates in the units he takes care of.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:51 am

one more thing: in my breadcrumb I stated "rawls is a major ass" on purpose, because my role pm states Major and not deputy commissioner as per kgb's post. As I'm such a good cop I get tons of promotions, unlike you guys who are way down in the chain of command.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Rawls
Major betiko

Postby Djfireside on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:38 am

Rawls is a major ass yes, but as for mcNulty seeking vengence on him doesnt seem to fit. They go at it but its more Rawls being the protaganist. Not to mention the charecter moles his own division and asks for his own sake granted somewhat good, I would vote more third party on this as you stated there may be. As for importance , He can be up there but I wouldnt put him at the top. McNulty exists there is absolutely no doubt on that, and him being a cop fits. He was not corrupt so even with the bad blood I dont believe he would corrupt the result and with your lack of power and describing its usefulness later on doesnt boad well in this scenario for me

Vote Betiko
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby jonty125 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:38 am

betiko wrote:
betiko wrote:Sorry for spoiling but... Forgot about avon, i remembered stringer as the godfather all the way..

But yeah, rawls is a major ass and there s lots of internal fights in the PD, i don t know how chuck reflected this in the game...

My guess here would be 9 townies 1 third party (omar) 3 scum. The reason why I think omar is in is because you can ask anyone who knows the show, they will all remember omar, he is very charismatic and he suits perfectly the role of a third party of some sort. By the way, i was surprised to see on spiesr s link that he is actually inspired by a real character who did the same in baltimore.

So comrade, any particular reason you get uncomfortable with an omar conversation?

Fastposted

I've already breadcrumbed it earlier. I know my character is an asshole and does everything to get in mcnulty's way being his boss. I was wondering how this would turn up in a mcnaulty vs rawls fight. And I see now... Anyway, lynching me would be a big mistake. I'm pretty sure that if any other cop investigates me other than mcnulty i will come out inocent because me and mcnulty hate each other's gut. With so many cop roles out there you can be sure chuck came out with some twists. Oh and me misspelling rawls would mean I'm guilty?? lol. Great detective work, you're all demoted and transfered, you'll be taking care of the car traffic.
Rawls is a major character in the show and I doubt we'll find any counter claim in here. I have a PR pretty useful to town that will be very useful later on.

That's hardly a breadcrumb, betiko.
Cook jonty125

Postby betiko on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:46 am

mcnulty, that's the kind of cop you are:

well I got something for you:

Major betiko

Postby betiko on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:53 am

Djfireside wrote:Rawls is a major ass yes, but as for mcNulty seeking vengence on him doesnt seem to fit. They go at it but its more Rawls being the protaganist. Not to mention the charecter moles his own division and asks for his own sake granted somewhat good, I would vote more third party on this as you stated there may be. As for importance , He can be up there but I wouldnt put him at the top. McNulty exists there is absolutely no doubt on that, and him being a cop fits. He was not corrupt so even with the bad blood I dont believe he would corrupt the result and with your lack of power and describing its usefulness later on doesnt boad well in this scenario for me

Vote Betiko

Since the votes are piling up, I'd just like to say something. I'm a roleblocker. Last night I blocked DJ. I still have that huge gut feeling of havig omar the serial killer out there, and since there was just one kill last night; I think it was performed either by the SK or the mafia and that DJ is most probably what didn't manage to perform his kill.

I really want to know more about this.

vote DJ
Major betiko

Postby jonty125 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:38 am

betiko wrote:
Djfireside wrote:Rawls is a major ass yes, but as for mcNulty seeking vengence on him doesnt seem to fit. They go at it but its more Rawls being the protaganist. Not to mention the charecter moles his own division and asks for his own sake granted somewhat good, I would vote more third party on this as you stated there may be. As for importance , He can be up there but I wouldnt put him at the top. McNulty exists there is absolutely no doubt on that, and him being a cop fits. He was not corrupt so even with the bad blood I dont believe he would corrupt the result and with your lack of power and describing its usefulness later on doesnt boad well in this scenario for me

Vote Betiko

Since the votes are piling up, I'd just like to say something. I'm a roleblocker. Last night I blocked DJ. I still have that huge gut feeling of havig omar the serial killer out there, and since there was just one kill last night; I think it was performed either by the SK or the mafia and that DJ is most probably what didn't manage to perform his kill.

vote DJ

Betiko, I'm almost sure, you're the mafia roleblocker. As of now, there is no evidence to suggest there is an SK, just flavour speculation. Just because you blocked DJ last night, and there was one kill last night, it doesn't make him SK. Also, I've felt your posts have been over-aggressive.
Cook jonty125

Postby thechuck51 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:44 am

Vote Count 2.1

betiko (4) - Jonty, stubbsKVM, lynx_, Djfireside, L-3
Djfireside (1) - betiko,

Not Voting: spiesr, Comrade Kirk, skillfusniper33, new guy1, kgb007, safariguy5,ghostly447,

With 12 Alive it takes 7 to Lynch

Deadline is Saturday June 29th at 10pm EST (9 days, 10 hours, 19 minutes remaining)
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby betiko on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:01 am

jonty125 wrote:
betiko wrote:

Vote Betiko

vote DJ

Betiko, I'm almost sure, you're the mafia roleblocker. As of now, there is no evidence to suggest there is an SK, just flavour speculation. Just because you blocked DJ last night, and there was one kill last night, it doesn't make him SK. Also, I've felt your posts have been over-aggressive.

Jonty you know me better than this. I think you were in every single game I've played, and it always comes down to "betiko is over agressive, he must be mafia", you know my meta.
Anyway, I do believe your claim but I'm telling you, your guilty result is 100% wrong.
No one answered this question: don't you think that if we are all a PD there are going to be a few cop roles out there and that chuck added a little twist?? not to mention that there is probably a mafia framer out there, and as always everyone tries their action on me night 1.
On holiday mafia last time you used your town redirector ability night 1 and you screwed me and town big time. You got killed night 1 and no one would believe my action because it got cancelled by your action. You know all the crap that could ve happened last night and you know that people like to test their ability on me night 1 most of the time, I'm a "trouble magnet".
Framers, bus drivers, redirectors, temporary cop insanity/cop insanity/ paranoid cop... tons of crap may be the reason of this result.
Now the problem here is that there is not much more to go with, so i guess i'm a good candidate to sacrifice for science. I still have this personal belief that omar is in the game, as I insinuated before this even stated and before chuck sent any role pm. Do whatever you want with that but me roleblocking DJ last night is the truth; other thing is that maybe the serial killer (if there is one) might not even have sent his night action.
Anyway I guess that by killing me you will reduce the scope, I got screwed again and I wish you guys luck to find those scum.
Major betiko

Postby spiesr on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:02 am

StubbsKVM wrote:1 kill. I suppose that rules out the SK?
It points towards there not being one, but we don't have enough info to actually rule it out.
Captain spiesr

Postby jonty125 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:30 am

betiko wrote:Jonty you know me better than this. I think you were in every single game I've played, and it always comes down to "betiko is over agressive, he must be mafia", you know my meta.

I feel this is O-A for you

betiko wrote:Anyway, I do believe your claim but I'm telling you,

Well that's nice

betiko wrote:your guilty result is 100% wrong.

You would say that either way :P

betiko wrote:No one answered this question: don't you think that if we are all a PD there are going to be a few cop roles out there and that chuck added a little twist?? not to mention that there is probably a mafia framer out there, and as always everyone tries their action on me night 1.

I feel that in a 13 player game, there is really only going to be 1 [alignment determining] cop, I feel there could be a role cop, watcher, tracker and roles I/we've never seen i.e. like IB

betiko wrote:On holiday mafia last time you used your town redirector ability night 1 and you screwed me and town big time. You got killed night 1 and no one would believe my action because it got cancelled by your action. You know all the crap that could ve happened last night and you know that people like to test their ability on me night 1 most of the time, I'm a "trouble magnet".Framers, bus drivers, redirectors, temporary cop insanity/cop insanity/ paranoid cop... tons of crap may be the reason of this result.

Yeah, my fault totally :roll:. Look any town who has changed the result, will step forward because they who know I actually investigated. So that leaves mafia framer, which, is a relatively rare role and the odds of him targeting the same person as me is slim (3%). Town busdriver will step forward, mafia ones are extremely rare. Sanity cops, possible in this game but from what I've read fromt he wiki I am a main protagonist so should be sane. And I've only ever seen a Town redirector once, yes you know where - Christmas. And just FTR, the reason why I targetted you was because you were posting regularly, and most likely to make a case, so I was concerned about your motives (as well as few others).

betiko wrote:Now the problem here is that there is not much more to go with, so i guess i'm a good candidate to sacrifice for science. I still have this personal belief that omar is in the game, as I insinuated before this even stated and before chuck sent any role pm. Do whatever you want with that but me roleblocking DJ last night is the truth; other thing is that maybe the serial killer (if there is one) might not even have sent his night action.
Anyway I guess that by killing me you will reduce the scope, I got screwed again and I wish you guys luck to find those scum.

Until an SK claims, or raises his head in the scene, I am going to guess there isn't one, but at this stage the possibility still does exist. I can't see what a mafia roleblocker gains from lying about his N1 target as it helps verify his role, and scum would like SK to die, due to conflicting WC, so its win-win for you.
Cook jonty125

Postby betiko on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:54 am

Mcnulty is in fact the main protagonist. In season 1 he is a complete wreck. he's got a restrain order from seing his kids and things are terrible with his ex wife. He has a huge alcohol addiction and from what I remember he makes a few mistakes which makes him not comletely relyable.

what does O-A mean?

I don't think it's worth revealing a busdriver role if there is one to save my ass, as it's probably one of our best assets (if there is one..). And you know that I always post regularly and that I'm usually one of the most actives; that's why I always get investigated or other stuff on night 1, you can check in other games.
Major betiko

Postby jonty125 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:35 pm

betiko wrote:what does O-A mean?

It was me abbreviating over-aggressive.
Cook jonty125

Postby Djfireside on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:54 pm

Im trying to determine if there is any other way that you could be who you say you are and for this still to work. I guess a mafia BD would cover it if they understand the role and understanding the players which a few fit the bill, framer may be a stretch but a possibility but not one I am leaning on.

In my head there are 3 possibilties. Its either you are a Mafia RB, You are third party and getting claimed as bad or there is a strange Tied Lover type connection between you two (which is a damn stretch), or you got BD'ed.

At this point I guess will have to watch how the chips fly and what others have to add since you have made a decent plea for yourself. You are wrong on your first thought, I am not an SK.

I will leave my vote where it is for now but curious to have others chime in.
Always question things given too easily.
Private Djfireside

Postby new guy1 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:15 pm

I will have to say that I am in a jam right now. I dont know if its the case Betiko made or a gut feeling, but I think there was a mix up and they are both town. Either that or they are doing a damn good job of distancing themselves from each other. Another thing I should add is that it's a little suspicious to me that Betiko is coming up with so many different flavor reasons as to why something would go wrong with the NA's, but I suppose if hes familiar with the series it will show in his defense. Ill reread at a later point to see if there's anything I want to add later.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:41 pm

Similar to a previous game I played (pokemon 2? it was Dooms) I had a role where I had to live as a survivor, but also had to eliminate zimmah. This, or at least a variation of it, could give another possibility that Jonty needs him dead (because someone said that they hated each other) either ending the game with his win, or completing part of his personal agenda.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby spiesr on Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:07 pm

jonty125 wrote:I feel that in a 13 player game, there is really only going to be 1 [alignment determining] cop, I feel there could be a role cop, watcher, tracker and roles I/we've never seen i.e. like IB
Sure there is probably one one sane cop, but can you be sure that is you?
Captain spiesr

Postby skillfusniper33 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:59 pm

I don't see there being more than one cop in the game (insane or not) I can see someone possibly having a x-shot investigate, probably a JOAT involved with this. And since no one has counter claimed I believe Jonty is the only "cop" role.

I am not to sure but I could actually see a framer involved in this game over a bus driver. The bus driver doesn't seem to fit the theme of the game IMO. While a Framer could easily fit by a corrupt cop of some kind. I don't know the show so this may be a reach.

This day is also really early so we might want to see if we have another case out there to take a look at since we have the time. I don't mind coming back and lynching Betiko later but I hate loose so much of the time allotted to us.
Place: 267 Score: 2630
Major skillfusniper33

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives